? servers

? players online

Small issues

• Content Count:  625

Here I will be commenting on a couple of small issues in plugins on JB:

The one bullet mag

The one bullet mag is an extremely small issue and could be fixed easily (if it's hard to fix then I guess it shouldn't be fixed) but it can cause annoyance when a CT is trying to clutch, so they reload and then BOOM 1 bullet in the mag then you gotta reload again. It kinda wastes time and can screw over people in tight situations (s/o @Asher for dying from this today). If it can be removed, I think it should be removed.

Primaries resetting in cheated LRs

It's a pretty common and annoying thing when your primary gets replaced by another one when someone (you or the T) cheats LR. The animation of pulling out your ak/m4/whatever takes enough time for the T to get in a slash-slash-stab on you without you getting a single bullet out.

All LRs (not counting noscope battle) don't require using your primary, so I don't see why your primary would be reset once LR ends; it just gives a greater chance for CTs to die. It's not a big thing or anything but I've experienced many people's frustrations from this one thing; IMO it's even more powerful than hitting your shot in a s4s then right-clicking a CT.

I don't even see why you have to get a new primary when you accept and LR, it can cause CTs to abuse this by getting a fresh weapon so they can kill all the rebellers, so it goes both ways; giving a fresh primary when you accept and LR helps the CT unfairly while the primary resetting back to its original once the LR is cheated brings it in favor of the T.

Order inconsistency

This is kind of a weird thing that happens occasionally but I'm just gonna bring it up. There are many gray lines in how to follow an order that sometimes cause confusion. I'll give a couple examples of what is understood on our server:

What makes sense

- All Ts jump (jump once)

- All Ts actively jump (actively jump)

What can be taken the wrong way

- All Ts crouch (actively crouch/crouch once? we do this enough so we know you crouch and actively stay crouched)

- All Ts jump (actively jump/jump once? most people jump once but then if you compare it to its "crouch" counterpart you can see where the confusion can start from)

- All Ts knife the ground (do you knife the ground once or continuously? It can be taken both ways)

There are a lot of orders that the CT implies that you actively do yet the orders are stated in a way where it sounds like you do it once.

Possibly an addition to the FAQ stating that:

• It is implied to do an order actively unless an amount is given to what you are supposed to do

Or something like that (I'm bad with wording)

Our way too lenient system for who can be on CT, which is being discussed here

IMO the CT requirement system is way too lenient and leads to too many problems, along with the fact that for some reason time is counted weirdly on the server.

Would like to know your thoughts on these issues and if they'll help a bit if fixed/tweaked.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  568

I think we should add here the bug where in a no scope battle you can scope in so the T says "Across map" while abusing this bug which the CT has no chance to go against because well its a no scope battle and the T is scoping.

https://medal.tv/clips/30451984/d1337T2w7DE6 here is proof you can scope in during a No scope battle but it is only accessible to T's because you have to bring the LR menu. This is from @Aleks

• Content Count:  3294

1. From what I know, that's a visual glitch and you still have a full mag

2. @Cept For Her

https://medal.tv/clips/30451984/d1337T2w7DE6 here is proof you can scope in during a No scope battle but it is only accessible to T's because you have to bring the LR menu. This is from @Aleks

3. "All Ts Crouch" - Stay Crouched

"All Ts Jump" - Jump once unless told to be *actively* jumping.

- I know these two sound inconsistent, but the action of Jumping and Crouching are different. I'm explaining it really poorly, but the different actions make the order different.

"All Ts Knife the Ground" - Knifing the ground once would be the order, if you want the Prisoners to *actively* be knifing the ground you should say actively.

Possibly an addition to the FAQ stating that:

• It is implied to do an order actively unless an amount is given to what you are supposed to do

I'd be okay with that, but a lot of people are against adding rule-changes/additions to fit the tick of our regulars making small things into big things. I'd suggest invoking your common sense?

IMO the CT requirement system is way too lenient and leads to too many problems, along with the fact that for some reason time is counted weirdly on the server.

The time is counted just fine, it's just that if you join CT side before the database loads in you can, I believe, bypass the CT-Timer. It's not being abused intentionally, simply a matter of the database connecting. Additionally, I don't see any increase in the CT timer being added. From what I know, the timer is at 25-30 minutes, and will probably not be going up. There's a possibility that the point/kill requirement is added, but like Duffy said the requirement could detrimentally and continually shift our gameplay towards more of a deathmatch style then it needs to be:

I think it also takes away from the role playing of the game mode and encourages killing and rebelling 24/7.

Some of these things, like the "Order Inconsistency", need to be looked at by the managers for an official response, but this is just what I think.

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  625

1. From what I know, that's a visual glitch and you still have a full mag

It most definitely is not a visual bug, it's literally one bullet. If you do wait 1-2 seconds your clip will be fully reloaded (I'm not sure why) but if you quick switch or shoot once it's reloaded, you only get the one bullet + whatever was in your mag prior to reloading.

• Content Count:  922

The one bullet mag

The one bullet mag is an extremely small issue and could be fixed easily (if it's hard to fix then I guess it shouldn't be fixed) but it can cause annoyance when a CT is trying to clutch, so they reload and then BOOM 1 bullet in the mag then you gotta reload again. It kinda wastes time and can screw over people in tight situations (s/o @Asher for dying from this today). If it can be removed, I think it should be removed.

Please... Never... Let me in ct when it's 4 vs 16... And my cts are glued to armory... And I have to give orders constantly... Ever again...

Jokes aside, here are my thoughts:

1. The one bullet mag issue it was just bad timing, I believe everybody here looks at the reload animation to decide wether to quick switch or not (if you look at the magazine in the bottom right, you're gey), it's not a visual bug, it was just slight bad timing which I got mad at the game for and threw a tantrum in admin chat.

2. I do believe it doesn't have to be your primary that gets pulled out, and it can be whatever gun you were holding when the T cheats LR, that's for Cept to fix as ZZL "said".

3. As a victim of these types of orders (*cough* Remixed *cough*) I believe orders like these can be taken both ways, say if a ct says "All T's crouch" you can either crouch once, or stay crouching, he can't ws you because the ct didn't specify. But that FAQ could solve this problem too. Managers please.

As for #4 I can't really say anything on that.

Edited by Asher

• Content Count:  634

The one bullet mag

Primaries resetting in cheated LRs

Order inconsistency

Our way too lenient system for who can be on CT, which is being discussed here

/tweaked.

1) aware of one bullet showing/no reserve ammo when picking up a weapon from weapon spawns, never had any other 1 bullet glitches but would be annoying.

2) m4a4 is all skill till you think you have an ak in your hands

3) i think most of the cts who abuse these types of orders are the reason ppl complain about ct so much. The Tip Of The Iceberg

4) maybe there should be a type of kangaroo court where t's and ct's can vote a ct off ct for being a shit cunt (mind my german)

ofcourse abusing this system would be punishable

Edited by The Real Slim Jim
t's and ct's can vote*

• Content Count:  568

4) maybe there should be a type of kangaroo court where t's can vote a ct off ct for being a shit cunt (mind my german)

ofcourse abusing this system would be punishable

Yeah because every squeaker would get insta voted off because of their voice this wouldn't be fair to them because yet again they would be able to play CT.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread