? servers

? players online

Force Show Rules

• Content Count:  86

I knew a few servers that had this but, a command that admins can use to force show rules to a player. Say if a new player comes on, he rdms once gets slayed and an admin can popup the rules for him while hes in spec that he cant close until hes alive again.

It think it would be nice because a lot of new players (even when told to read !rule and !info) dont bother to read any rules(They still break rules after being told this).

Ive talked to some new players that rdm when admins aren't on (rdm and leave), and a few have told me that they dont bother trying to read the rules.

There are still some semi-regs that I see on that don't go by the rules (Thinking someone killed or off sus).

Edited by thuxys

• Content Count:  3294

Suggested here and rejected for reasons stated in the thread.

Just to add, there was another discussion about this. At the end of the day what I gathered was that !showrules could be effective, but if someone didn't want to read the rules they would just ignore the pop-up. It's not really worth it, in my opinion, to add a command like this with such little impact.

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  903

I knew a few servers that had this but, a command that admins can use to force show rules to a player. Say if a new player comes on, he rdms once gets slayed and an admin can popup the rules for him while hes in spec that he cant close until hes alive again.

It think it would be nice because a lot of new players (even when told to read !rule and !info) dont bother to read any rules(They still break rules after being told this).

Ive talked to some new players that rdm when admins aren't on (rdm and leave), and a few have told me that they dont bother trying to read the rules.

There are still some semi-regs that I see on that don't go by the rules (Thinking someone killed or off sus).

I like the idea but like @TheZZL said, they could just ignore the pop up but if this were a command and an admin uses it for someone and they acknowledge they saw it and continue to rdm (for example) then I'd think that could warrant a kick/ban for ignoring an admins instructions

Edited by Mace

Reply to Thread