? servers

? players online

Asking for first shot in LR

• Content Count:  568

If I ask for the first shot is the CT allowed to "give me first shot" by shooting me in the body because when I ask for the first shot I want the first shot, not to the body or the head, I want the first shot to inflict damage to one another.

• Content Count:  498

This is pretty self explanatory and doesn’t need clarification, a certain ct who shall not be named knows why and how this started. When a t says “give me the first shot” as their s4s lr rule they don’t need to clarify that they want the shot as in the get the first bullet not to receive said bullet to their body.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  123

When someone states "give me first shot" and I shoot them, they receive first shot. Me and another CT use this a lot, in game if the rules you give in an LR are broad then there are ways to play to my advantage but still be within the T's rules I will use them. As @kuri stated this should not need clarification if you give incomplete rules with gray areas then dont expect them to come out the way you want. Some T's have given rules such as "If you get first shot then shoot your feet" witch leaves no gray area and would allow the T to shoot the first shot with intent to damage their opponent.

• Content Count:  3294

This is pretty self explanatory and doesn’t need clarification, a certain ct who shall not be named knows why and how this started. When a t says “give me the first shot” as their s4s lr rule they don’t need to clarify that they want the shot as in the get the first bullet not to receive said bullet to their body.

I agree with you @kuri. The Last Request is called Shot For Shot, it means the Prisoner and the Guard exchange fire at each other until one is dead and the other is victorious. If a Prisoner asks for the first shot, it means they begin the duel by damaging/attempting to damage the Guard first. It makes no sense for the Guard to be able to give the Prisoner the first shot by taking the first shot. The Guard should shoot the floor/ceiling/anywhere except the Prisoner.

When someone states "give me first shot" and I shoot them, they receive first shot.

No, they don't, as you've just shot them and taken the first shot. Sure, feel free to find loopholes and take advantage of broad/vague LR rules, but this isn't one of those situations.

• Like 4
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  1030

It's pretty cut and dry. If you ask for first shot in a shot for shot and the CT agrees, the CT can't take a shot at you. They must take a shot anywhere that's not in your general direction. If they shoot at you, that's cheating the LR rules that they agreed to. It seems like you made this thread because a certain CT probably accepted your LR rules and proceeded to break them. If that's the case, try to inform them that they're in the wrong, and feel free to show them this thread as evidence if they do not accept that.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  927

The Last Request is called Shot For Shot, it means the Prisoner and the Guard exchange fire at each other until one is dead and the other is victorious. If a Prisoner asks for the first shot, it means they begin the duel by damaging/attempting to damage the Guard first. It makes no sense for the Guard to be able to give the Prisoner the first shot by taking the first shot. The Guard should shoot the floor/ceiling/anywhere except the Prisoner.

No, they don't, as you've just shot them and taken the first shot. Sure, feel free to find loopholes and take advantage of broad/vague LR rules, but this isn't one of those situations.

ZZL said it perfectly.

@Bacon @Infinityward If one of you wants to officially answer it.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  625

This situation is literally like the gun toss rule "throw before touching the ground" and then classifying everything as not a "ground" but as a surface. Its just stupid and is obviously not what it is.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  498

When someone states "give me first shot" and I shoot them, they receive first shot. Me and another CT use this a lot, in game if the rules you give in an LR are broad then there are ways to play to my advantage but still be within the T's rules I will use them. As @kuri stated this should not need clarification if you give incomplete rules with gray areas then dont expect them to come out the way you want. Some T's have given rules such as "If you get first shot then shoot your feet" witch leaves no gray area and would allow the T to shoot the first shot with intent to damage their opponent.
this is in no way what I meant I said that shooting them is not following their lr rules, by shooting them you broke the rules of the lr

• Content Count:  824

ik i don’t rlly play jb as much anymore but um, u realize that by shooting them in the body, u took the first shot?

• Like 1

Reply to Thread