? servers

? players online

CTBuy Menu Suggestion

• Content Count:  1030

I absolutely love having the CTBuy menu available to me when I play, and I do believe that it is balanced (props to themanagement team for coming up with this). However, one thing that I have noticed is that when you buy items from the menu, it only allows one to be equipped. For example, when I play CT at the beginning of each round I'll buy a medi-shot and a tactical awareness grenade. Then, later on in the round, I'll usually buy another one because I used the previous one. I'd like to hear people's thoughts on allowing multiple grenades to be purchased at once.

This is a very minor change, and I don't know if this was done intentionally, but I'd like to know if there's the possibility to be able to purchase multiple items. For example, at the beginning of the round I would purchase a medi-shot and 2 tactical awareness grenades, using up my 500 available credits. This would allow me to have them on hand and use them whenever I want, just like how in competitive you can store multiple flashbangs.

I do understand that this may have been set in place intentionally, to allow people to have the chance of purchasing them before they run out. I'll use tactical awareness grenades again as an example: each round, a total of five may be bought. By only allowing people to carry one at a time, it allows multiple people the opportunity to buy them, rather than more being concentrated into a select few.

This brings me to my next and final point, which is not really related to the topic of the thread but worth mentioning anyways. I feel like a vast majority of the CTs have no clue that the buy menu exists. I'm pretty confident in this assumption because I have never tried to buy an item and have reached the cap. I've never gone to buy a medi-shot or health boost and been greeted with the message "the maximum amount of health boosts have been purchased already". This is also true even late in the round, I'm usually able to buy whatever I want even in the last minute of the round.

I think that the buy menu should be pushed more in-game, whether that be through a hud message or a chat advertisement, like !fo has already. Yes there has been a changelog and a thread about it here on the forums, but a lot of our jailbreak regulars either don't have a forum account or don't check it regularly. If it was pushed / advertised more in the server, it could spark more interest for people to play CT, for people already playing to start using it, which would make the rounds more interesting. Hell, it could even prompt people to join the forums to read about it (I'm probably reaching a bit here).

Overall, I'd like to hear other's thoughts about this.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3294

Your original concept is essentially a buy loadout, which is good in theory, but if someone were to just buy their loadout immediately at the start of the round it would be hard for newer players/people in general to be able to buy those weapons. That’s also why I think buying multiple items at a time wouldn’t work.

You’re right in saying a decent amount of players don’t know the Ct Buy Menu exists, but we already have an in-chat announcement. I think as admins and regulars, we should try to make this more well known by telling people to try the command. However, I wouldn’t be opposed to a chat advert at the start of each round.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  625

You could always just use a buy bind such as:

bind [key] "sm_menu tac; sm_menu healthshot"

To buy multiple things at once.

Storing 2 tac grenades at once is kinda like hoarding them because globally you can only purchase like 5, and having 2 right off the bat and not using both of them doesn't allow players to buy them in times of need.

The CTBuy plugin is being recognized amongst most regulars and is branching off to new players as we speak, I think we just need to give it a bit more time and it will be more publicly known.

• Content Count:  3294

We're not currently looking into a CT Buy Loadout, mainly for the reason that it's not necessary for a purchase that would normally take you about two seconds. Concerning in-game adverts, we already have one going and that seems to be enough. Moreover, as the plugin stays on our server for a longer period of time more questions arise about Guards with 135HP and our regulars/admins will answer their questions. 

Reply to Thread