? servers

? players online

SG and Mental Health

• Content Count:  819

Hey everyone this is gonna be a more sensitive topic here but I feel it is something I need to address because I am not sure how many other people are in the position I'm in.

The past month up to today I've received messages from multiple users with concerning subject matter to them, commonly going along the lines of suicide and depression and stuff that is very sensitive for a person to be dealing with. To make sure these individuals aren't harrassed in anyway I will be using no names in this post nor will I talk about these individuals ever.

Mental health cases of any kind are very serious issues to be dealing with. I am very flattered that people of SG can come to me with confidence that I can help, but I want something to be made very clear.

If you are contemplating suicide or self harm you need to find someone that can provide professional help.

This is in no way to discourage people from seeking help from people you can trust and can talk to, but you need to remember that there are professional resources out there for you to go to when things like this happen.

I encourage you if you are in this situation to google your suicide hotline for your area if you are in dire need of help. These are lines specific to your area and they can even provide physical in person support if you are in a situation that calls for it.

Canada Wide Suicide Hotline: 833 456 4566

US Wide Suicide Hotline: 800 273 8255

If you need help over a longer span of time there is an excellent app I support called "Betterhelp" this is an app that allows you to talk to a professional counselor, for as long as you need. You can even return to a previous counselor, to return to a spot in a conversation where you left off for better understanding and help with your current issues.

I encourage if you need help reach out. I will personally help anyone who needs support immediately, I'm only a discord call or message away but I highly recommend other resources before me.

I highly encourage that if you are in a more serious situation use the information I have provided up above. I guarantee the people behind the telephone genuinely care about your well-being, and are there to help so please call them.

Don't be afraid to speak out, your issues matter, never forget that.

• Like 23
Edited by Hawks

Reply to Thread