? servers

? players online

What makes electric so good?

• Content Count:  417

electric_razor_go and its variants (including revamp) account for at least 220 days on the JB server, and yet many players complain about these maps for being stale and such. Players sometimes complain about how the map is supposedly T-sided, but the recently updated version of razor, ba_jail_electric_razor_go_pb, has a much fairer T-side (35/75 instead of previously 23/77), even over other maps while still being played every time it's able to be nominated. So what makes this map good? Here's my interpretation:

The large amount of elevation changes creates interesting firefights. You can shoot players from vip cell roof into medic, garage van to soccer catwalk, and diving board to pool catwalk. These firefights with varying elevations force players to peek up and down, and so AWPs dominate. This leads to the strength of AWP secret, allowing Ts to instantly start rebelling with a strong pick at the start of the round. However, CTs have their own trump card, oneway, which allows them to control main cell and big cage with a small sense of protection. These things don't really show up in other maps: summer_jail simply doesn't have awps, and vipinthemix doesn't give CTs a oneway besides a rarely used control room on armory catwalk.

The lack of deathgames encourages rebelling, laying the groundwork for more interesting firefights. As the round winds down to 5-9 Ts alive, CTs often force deathgames and cull them down to LR. However on electric, no such deathgames exist, meaning that CTs have two choices: give boring orders for the remainder of the round, or give the Ts a freeday. This encourages rebelling until 4 Ts remain until LR, and the stats prove this: most maps average 3-4 KPM, but electric maps easily break 4 KPM, with some electric maps breaking 5.

I would love to hear what you guys think, and could definitely lead to better maps being made for the server.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  362

Personally I think that the map can find new things to be put on. It balances rebelling but at a cost. And the t's can kill the cts very easily. Orders get boring quickly and not really any deathgames are said. I give the map a 7/10 for balance but bland play

• Content Count:  64

I wouldn’t say the electric maps are “good”, but more so fun to play. If a jailbreak map was “good”, it would provide a healthy balance between rebelling and things to do. Clearly these electric maps don’t fulfill that. The electric maps are so much fun to play because it is incredibly easy to rebel and almost makes the entire server feel like a deathmatch lobby. I can see why people might not like that, but I do, and I’m sure others think that as well. With the proper CT’s, electric is manageable, but when they give constant orders making the T’s shiftwalk from one area to another while constantly giving them the death gaze, it is not fun at all.

Playing CT on these maps is a challenge, and I think that challenge is fun to take on. I don’t mind giving the T’s a freeday every couple rounds, but what I do mind is the CT’s giving T’s constant orders. It’s unfun for both the T’s and myself because they get almost no chance to rebel. I sometimes contemplate leaving the server because this gets extremely fucking boring. I like the way Jailbreak is right now and how the electric maps are. But the CT’s who give these nazi orders should think about how much fun their fellow CT’s are having, and how much fun the T’s are having.

• Content Count:  971

These are the best maps for SG's current rule set.

SG's rule set prioritizes T side and focusing on the rebelling aspect, rather than prison role play. This is why jb_clouds and minecraft_beta are so beloved on servers like Edge & Tango but strongly disliked among the average SG players. They have lots of death games and activities and secrets are skewed, far apart, and fairly exposed and weak. Both electric maps have 0 death games, few activities, and lots and lots of guns and powerful secrets. T's usually don't want to run around soccer pitch for minutes and minutes, so the secrets are strong and worth while to pursue for T's to get the ball rolling and spice up the round.

The focus on gun play is what makes these maps fun; they intertwine with the adaptation SG JB is all about. I think they need to remain the same for the most part, but I'm personally very open to removing some secrets and adding new ones in different places to keep the map fresh.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.