? servers

? players online

TTT Gold knife re-addition

• Content Count:  331

This will be a thread as to why the golden knife should make a resurgence to Trouble in Terrorist Town.

In the current state of the one-hit knife, it is impossible to tell whether or not you should stay away from someone with their knife out. I understand this is intentional, by design. If you're alone with an innocent as a traitor, and you have a one-hit knife, the other person will not know at all whether or not you actually have one. There is absolutely no way for them to find out, other than them dying. However, people may like the re-addition of the golden knife, due to the "fun factor" of it. The traitors, at the moment, have a very easy way of hiding their one-hit knife. It's not very fun at all. With the golden knife, it adds a level of taunting to the innocents. For the one-hit knife in the game at the moment, holding your knife out shows no threat to anyone. It's too easy for the traitor to get a kill on the innocent. At least with the gold knife it gives the innocent a chance to kill the traitor.

Another thing is about the nature of TTT originating from GMod. In the GMod version, anyone with a knife is considered a T, as innocents cannot acquire a knife. Since in CS:GO everyone is given a knife, there should be a way to identify if the traitor has a one-hit/gold knife.

I know a lot of replies to this post will be along the lines of, "there's no point in adding it back, we wanted to buff one-hit knife." I just wanted to put my opinion out there, and hopefully see it put back into TTT.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  971

Yeah I don't personally think the golden knife needed a buff as it made T's have to plan out what they were going to do as soon as they bought it, and that upped the skill factor and I really liked that. However, with skins like lore and tiger tooth it's not hard to mix it up, so I personally think the change closed a big can of worms that shouldn't have been opened in the first place.

This is a double edged sword kind of change, and if the trade off means less blurriness when it comes to accidental RDM, even if rare, it is an improvement to the rules in my opinion.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  43

Yeah I don't personally think the golden knife needed a buff as it made T's have to plan out what they were going to do as soon as they bought it, and that upped the skill factor and I really liked that. However, with skins like lore and tiger tooth it's not hard to mix it up, so I personally think the change closed a big can of worms that shouldn't have been opened in the first place.

This is a double edged sword kind of change, and if the trade off means less blurriness when it comes to accidental RDM, even if rare, it is an improvement to the rules in my opinion.

I personally like the idea of adding back the golden knife as innocents and detectives can be able to defend themselves instead of just dying because you saw someone holding out a knife, to fix the problem you were talking about daft, before the new update they were able to make skins like the lore and tiger tooth not avaible on the servers meaning there was no confusion between knife skins.

I like this suggestion :d

• Like 1

• Content Count:  922

I think adding back golden knife will require some plugin edits (what Trazz isn't going to be doing atm for understandable reasons) hence why it hasn't been added back. Trazz answered an almost identical suggestion like this one not too long ago on this thread:

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=89111

Edit: Aside from the plugin editing issue, I don't mind having the gold knife as the 1 hit knife model back into the gamemode

• Like 1
Edited by Asher
Fixing holes in the wall

• Content Count:  625

Now with people sweating and spraying down anyone who fires their gun, I think that the golden knife doesn't have to come back as people would notice if someone knifed another person. It's pretty obvious to tell if someone got one hit knifed as long as you are paying attention to who knifed and who got knifed; most of the time the one hit knife doesn't yield good results as you are trading 50 credits (-75 cred for one hit and then +25 for killing an inno) most of the time for one kill, which can be used for more useful items such as the teleporter to get out of sticky situations.

• Content Count:  903

Personally I'd love for the Gold Knife to come back since I used to mess with people and flash it for a sec or have the flip knife tiger tooth and trip people out with it.

I even made my forum tag since I would used the Gold Knife so much but I can get why it got taken out, its a buff for the t's having it be their plain knife but I still kill the same amount of people with the knife as I used to when it was gold so I don't think it would make much of a difference. (Gameplay wise)

• Like 2

• Content Count:  80

The problem with the gold knife previously was that people would often kill another innocent by mistake because they thought they had a gold knife. Some people would use server plugins or their inventory to equip a knife that looked like a gold knife and then run at innocents and get those innos to kill them. Basically, it was t-baiting, but it doesn’t exist anymore, and should probably stay this way.

Reply to Thread