? servers

? players online

Inconsistency with KOS Areas Relating to Armory

• Content Count:  971

So; couple things.

1. Even if this was confirmed by admins in another forum thread, this is not laid out anywhere in the rules. That's too important of a rule to have buried under old forum threads as it decides who lives and who dies in situations around a common firefight area, so it should be brought to the front page of the rules or...

2. It should just be removed. Only CT's have access to moving the stairs out so it should be painfully obvious that the stairs should be KOS. As Dancing said, we really should not have exceptions across different maps. I don't see why just because it moves it shouldn't be KOS.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  625

I'm kinda fine on both sides of this predicament as there is still a platform that the Ts would have to go to, and then the Ts would have to break down a door than can withstand more than 10 knife hits. That platform can easily fit more than 2 CTs without getting into knifing distance and the platform is KOS, so it is still manageable (along with the fact that there is a warden's office that is basically a one-way and the small room in between main cell and armory that you can defend in). I'm fine with it being KOS or not, it's really up to the managers at this point since it only applies to one map and I don't see many issues arising from the stairs not being KOS; the Ts may be closer to armory but I haven't experienced many rounds where the Ts overpowered the CTs due to their ability to get closer to armory on that map.

• Content Count:  60

it slides sideways, not upwards, so T's cant accidentally get on them.

Totally agree with this, any paths (ramps, catwalks, stairs, or special platform, etc.) leading to armoury should be KOS. The only exception I can think of is the stairs in the seasonal summer jail but that doesn't happen with any of the maps in rotation (as far as I know) where a T could just happen to be standing there but even then that area could be marked off like in moon jail and the pool below armoury.

• Content Count:  701

This shouldn't be situational, as Astral stated retractable or not any walkway/catwalk/stair leading directly to armory should be KOS; no exceptions.

• CTs can kill Ts for being on a ladder/stair if it is KOS. Ladders/stairs are apart of what they connect to which means if a ladder/stair leads to armory, it is KOS.

This is how the jb management team feels. If it leads directly to armory it IS kos even if it is retractable. If the button makes the stairs push upwards and a fellow T hits the button to push a T upwards to the kos area, they are subject to being punished by an admin for teamkilling.

• Like 11

Reply to Thread