? servers

? players online

Inconsistency with KOS Areas Relating to Armory

• Content Count:  971

So today I was playing prison architect as a CT, gave a first day freeday, then a guard fell off the pedestal in front of armory and used the button to extend the stairs to get to armory. A T followed him onto the stairs, so I blew his head off. For reference, according to the rules it states "• CTs can kill Ts for being on a ladder/stair if it is KOS. Ladders/stairs are apart of what they connect to which means if a ladder/stair leads to armory, it is KOS." and "KOS zones include:

- Areas or things that connect to armory (armory catwalks, armory stairs, etc.)" Not to mention on maps like summer jail and vipinthemix, it's well known that those stairs which lead to armory are KOS. Anyway, after I killed the T, I was informed by two admins that if stairs or a platform are retractable/extendable, they aren't KOS, even if the platform/stairs lead to armory.

This makes 0 sense because if the reason you want to make an area KOS is because it leads to a place with infinite primaries, then why would you change it based on if it can move or not? Originally I was going to go into further detail about why this rule doesn't make any sense, but after looking through the rules I can't find it anywhere.

If someone can find the rule for me, please let me know so I can edit this post into more of an essay on why the rule needs to be removed. Not going to snitch on the admins who told me this, but they know who they are.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  568

So today I was playing prison architect as a CT, gave a first day freeday, then a guard fell off the pedestal in front of armory and used the button to extend the stairs to get to armory. A T followed him onto the stairs, so I blew his head off. For reference, according to the rules it states "• CTs can kill Ts for being on a ladder/stair if it is KOS. Ladders/stairs are apart of what they connect to which means if a ladder/stair leads to armory, it is KOS." and "KOS zones include:

- Areas or things that connect to armory (armory catwalks, armory stairs, etc.)" Not to mention on maps like summer jail and vipinthemix, it's well known that those stairs which lead to armory are KOS. Anyway, after I killed the T, I was informed by two admins that if stairs or a platform are retractable/extendable, they aren't KOS, even if the platform/stairs lead to armory.

This makes 0 sense because if the reason you want to make an area KOS is because it leads to a place with infinite primaries, then why would you change it based on if it can move or not? Originally I was going to go into further detail about why this rule doesn't make any sense, but after looking through the rules I can't find it anywhere.

If someone can find the rule for me, please let me know so I can edit this post into more of an essay on why the rule needs to be removed. Not going to snitch on the admins who told me this, but they know who they are.

I know ZZL made a rule discussion about this and the final verdict was that it would not be KOS because it was retractable.

EDIT: Didn't read the area of the "change it based on if it can move or not?" which already means you knew my comment.

• Like 1
Edited by Amazing

• Content Count:  1559

yeah I feel this should no longer apply as summer has been updated to where the stairs are static, and there's really no point in the armory stairs in arch to not be KOS. The button to the stairs are CT only meaning no T's can activate it (unless I'm wrong) and it slides sideways, not upwards, so T's cant accidentally get on them.

(NOTE: meaning the rule should not be in place anymore)

• Like 2

• Content Count:  459

I feel that anything directly connected to armory weather it be retractable or not should always be KOS. It doesn't make sense to me to have a stairway directly connected to armory not being KOS only because it is retractable. And to my knowledge the maps with retractable stairs the only people able to make them to retract in the first place would be the CTs. SO I don't think this should still stand for cases like these, if even at all.

• Like 3
Edited by Astral
rewording :D

• Content Count:  64

I remember a couple days ago I almost domed remixedpixel for going onto the stairs but he went onto it so casually I thought to myself, there’s no way that this staircase has changed so it’s not KOS anymore. Another CT asked him why he was on the stairs and he said it’s not KOS which completely blew my mind. I don’t remember if he explained why but I think it’s completely nonsensical for that staircase to not be KOS for the fact that it can retract from a CT activated button. Nonetheless it leads to armory so it should be KOS but it was changed for some reason. Again if an admin could clarify this, it would be great. And can someone please link the forum post where the original discussion occurred? Thanks.

Edited by codez

• Content Count:  1266

???????? Can someone link me the other thread where it was decided or discussed?

This shouldn't be situational, as Astral stated retractable or not any walkway/catwalk/stair leading directly to armory should be KOS; no exceptions.

• Like 3
Edited by anuL
inception

• Content Count:  3294

???????? Can someone link me the other thread where it was decided or discussed?

This shouldn't be situational, as Astral stated retractable or not any walkway/catwalk/stair leading directly to armory should be KOS; no exceptions.

First thread I could find, I'll add the second one later

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98012&highlight=Fluid+Stairs

yeah I feel this should no longer apply as summer has been updated to where the stairs are static

This was only for the christmas version of SummerJail, which we only see once a year

This was the same for when summer jail had the retractable stairs; they are not solid and immovable so they are not KOS. However, the stairs to armory on a map such as VIPintheMix are, because they are solid and they are immovable.
  • Like 2
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  1266

I hate to say it, but these answers are misinformed. Catering to specific maps will never end well, that's why the rules are relatively broad and are applicable anywhere, even if it does seem stretched or unfair on certain maps.

• Content Count:  568

I hate to say it, but these answers are misinformed. Catering to specific maps will never end well, that's why the rules are relatively broad and are applicable anywhere, even if it does seem stretched or unfair on certain maps.

I agree with DML they shouldn't make the rule-based off of which map it's on; these stairs lead straight towards armory just because you click a button to be able to go on them doesn't mean that they should not be KOS. Either way retractable or not all T's have to do is to break a door and they have whatever weapon they desire in armory therefore CTs should be allowed to kill them.

Reply to Thread