? servers

? players online

!Servers for all SG Servers

• Content Count:  3294

I'm surprised this isn't already a command, but all SG servers should have a !server(s) command. It would show all 11 servers SG has and their IPs. This would be a very useful command for new/casual players that might be interested in other SG servers. I don't think this would be hard to implement, and it's benefits far outweighs the time it would take to implement it. Additionally, I haven't seen SG take down servers that frequently, so editing the list wouldn't be a common occurence.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  625

Maybe making it into a command that shows a menu, which then you can select a server to see its IP would be good because if this command just listed all the servers and their IPs in chat it would flood the chat too much. Is there any way to make it so someone could directly connect to another SG server from a menu? If not, I think this idea is cool but would need a sort of menu to organize it.

• Content Count:  3294

Maybe making it into a command that shows a menu, which then you can select a server to see its IP would be good because if this command just listed all the servers and their IPs in chat it would flood the chat too much. Is there any way to make it so someone could directly connect to another SG server from a menu? If not, I think this idea is cool but would need a sort of menu to organize it.

Instead of making it like !getsub and !joinus that announce globally, it could send it in chat but just for the person using the command, this way it doesn't flood chat. Opening up a menu is cool, but then a player couldn't copy paste it.

• Content Count:  625

Instead of making it like !getsub and !joinus that announce globally, it could send it in chat but just for the person using the command, this way it doesn't flood chat. Opening up a menu is cool, but then a player couldn't copy paste it.

I was thinking opening up a menu and when a player selects a server they would get the IP in chat. Listing all the servers and their IPs would take up like 20 spaces in the chat, and it's really hard to copy and paste when theres a lot of things to look at and theres people constantly typing things. I feel like having the player choose what to look at so that they don't have to find their wanted server amid all the chaos in chat, making it only show their desired one will make it easier to copy and paste or something. I wasn't really saying make it show globally, but showing all servers for one person could flood their chat and make it hard to use.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  586

What I think we should do is add a sentence that pops in chat once in a while that says something like " Don't forget to check out our other servers by typing "!servers" in chat", so that new players know the command exists. When you type !servers, I agree that it should pop up like when you type !store, but instead all the servers are listed. When you click the number of server you want, I think it should either put the ip in chat or just automatically switch you to the server.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5674

Yes, it existed back in 2015/16 as a pop-up menu that actually just directly connected you to a server after you clicked it. That plugin broke on CS:GO and there were replacements that were looked into but none completely replicated what the old one was able to do. You could still have a pop-up menu with the necessary information to find our other servers, but as far as I know it won't be as easy to switch servers. I'd imagine it's also not hard to have "connect ip" pasted into the console upon clicking one with the necessary IP attached so you can copy and paste it quickly.

• Like 12

Reply to Thread