? servers

? players online

3 simple steps

• Content Count:  1633

With that being said, you can't tell me that people aren't ban happy and follow the rules by the book in some cases and instead of deescalating a situation they just ban for a minor inconvenience. You need admins that make it more fun not suck the fun out cause their anal about everything.

100% true.

Throughout my time here I've seen plenty of admins treat ban as a convenience tool rather than a last resort option. I've also seen admins brag about their ban counts and actually try to reach a certain number of bans. It's horrible to watch.

We're going to have to change this real soon or we won't see any growth in this community. It's a pretty serious problem.

• Like 14
Edited by Kieran
wrong word

• Content Count:  660

Going to need some specific examples to establish what is unreasonable and being anal.

You posting this exact response is being anal about it. You are sucking the fun out of it as we speak. In general man smh.

P.S. say hi to liso for me.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1571

What are some of the unreasonable server rules that are ruining the "fun"? I think that it would be helpful for active ZE players to give detailed feedback.

I'd give feedback but ever since I came to SG few months ago I haven't seen people on the server lol

On a semi more serious note, I can't really say much about the servers cause I don't play anymore and even then my view is blurry cause of my nostalgia glasses. TTT ain't the same anymore cause all you gotta do is have the first shot on people as T and JB ain't the same anymore cause of too many secrets on those new huge ass maps and T's rebel every single round.

I do agree with Noob though that just because you're "understaffed" shouldn't mean just accept anyone as admin. This shit don't work.

Just seems like nowadays all you need to do to become an admin is play a bit and get your name known and then post a thread on the forums and people support you for easy thanks and because they want you to also support them when they apply eventually.

IMO SG is just taking itself too serious. It's a fucking small gaming community, act like it.

This shit started back in 2011 with the mass banning of people that didn't comply to that square attitude that SG developed all of a sudden.

Dirty Sanchez, Neji, SoulKeeper, Omar, Dracula, I and tons of other people started getting banned because we just had fun and didn't take everything seriously. It just feels like you gotta carefully think about every single word you say or write so you don't offend anyone. Fuck that.

To me it looks like the servers are empty a lot of the time or at least way less populated than back then and so do the forums.

The chatbox would explode every single day and we had so many people posting on the forums. I fucking miss the old OTF.

Nowadays the forums are only admin apps, player complaints and event threads it seems.

Engage the community a bit more, have more discord karaoke nights, post more in the OTF, get more people from the servers on the forums and make the community more fun, not just the servers with your TTT events every single day.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4798

You posting this exact response is being anal about it. You are sucking the fun out of it as we speak. In general man smh.

P.S. say hi to liso for me.

I'm just trying to get a good picture of what you guys find reasonable. Are you guys being hassled for jokingly calling your friend the N word or are you mad that we don't allow people to spam the latest Ram Ranch ear rape compilation over the mic for minutes on end.

Edit: sorry if I sound like I am being a dick about this, I just want to know exactly where you want us to set the bar. I do agree that there are over-zealous admins on all levels of the community though, who ignore context and get worked up about problems that really do not affect the community or general player base.

Edited by SilentGuns

Reply to Thread