? servers

? players online

valorant tourney

• Content Count:  108

I think its save to say that a valorant tourney is must right now especially after the event we just had, sounds like a lot of people enjoyed it. or just more valorant scrims.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  64

@cmohr mentioned something like this in a previous thread here: https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99059

I don't think this is a bad idea but right now valorant's spectator/observer system is extremely buggy and poorly optimized making the experience horrible if streamed. If we were to have some sort of a scrim league similar to what we have with cs, I think it would be better to hold off until changes are made to the viewing system. Other than that more scrims would definitely be a lot of fun and also super easy to setup compared to cs.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1030

This is something that is currently being discussed. Obviously any sort of tournament would have to wait until SGSL is over, but there are a couple of things that would prevent this from happening in the near future.

One main thing is that Valorant does not have a good system for observers. With any good tournament comes a good stream and good casters, and it would be near impossible to provide a good experience for the biewers when there's no way to coordinate spectating and action-spotting. There's currently no auto-director for spectating matches, which would lead to confusion.

We can definitely do more Valorant scrimmages in the future, as it's something that a lot of people would like to participate in, but I think we'll have to hold off on having a full-blown tournament for now.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  793

@cmohr mentioned something like this in a previous thread here: https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99059

I don't think this is a bad idea but right now valorant's spectator/observer system is extremely buggy and poorly optimized making the experience horrible if streamed. If we were to have some sort of a scrim league similar to what we have with cs, I think it would be better to hold off until changes are made to the viewing system. Other than that more scrims would definitely be a lot of fun and also super easy to setup compared to cs.

Yeah, it's defiantly a topic of discussion for a Valorant scrim but it's a hard topic also. As you said Valorant's observer system is not that amazing. The Valorant Scrim event was streamed and if you look at the VOD I don't believe the system is too bad (

). Overall though, I think it's a good idea to at least do further Scrims and possibly even tournaments.
  • Like 1

• Content Count:  91

After watching the stream from the latest event, Id have to agree that the spectating is a little bit too buggy to do any sort of reliable stream for a tournament. However once they fix it, I think a tournament would be a great idea.

Reply to Thread