? servers

? players online

Ratio

• Content Count:  625

i think ideal ratio to have as a standard would be3 Cts to 1 T

also i think there should be an insentive for cts to use map deathgames and actually move ts around the maps more, following the tune of cts and ct being shit.

I think here you mean 1 CT for every 3 Ts right? (Please tell me it's this and you're not serious it should be 3 CTs to 1 T)

I think the problem with this is that it would overall tip the balance of the rounds in favor of the Ts for every single round. I've been very active on the JB server and the CT team usually only wins 1/3 of the rounds even when ratio is 1:2 or greater. Having even less CTs, with our rules of giving warning shots and the ability for ONLY TWO Ts to gang up on one CT and take them down (by doing two co-ordinated right clicks) would make the rounds end extremely quickly, as shown whenever there are a lack of CTs.

With the issue of inexperienced CTs that camp and delay, changing the ratio will not help with them: I think it may just cause a higher percentage of incompetent CTs on CT side than it currently has. Allowing more numbers on CT side will help prevent them from getting completely floored in the first 20 seconds of electric, and will allow more CTs to actually gain experience on CT side without getting wiped via the support from more experienced players.

• Content Count:  417

i think ideal ratio to have as a standard would be3 Cts to 1 T

also i think there should be an insentive for cts to use map deathgames and actually move ts around the maps more, following the tune of cts and ct being shit.

I'm sure 1:3 ratio works at lower populations. I used to play at 1-2 AM, and running ratio at 2-6 makes sense, but when you scale it up to higher populations, you're handicapping the CTs to the point at which it wouldn't make sense not to rebel. Running 8 CTs vs 24 Ts means that every CT has to get multikills in order to win rounds, and with poor orders and generally inexperienced CTs, it simply isn't going to happen. Ratio is always going to fluctuate, and at every amount of players there will be a ratio that works best, but with 1:3, you're optimizing for the minority, but as the rules state, "This is not a 100% hard limit".

• Content Count:  971

Management has said time and time again that they don't have any issues with the "Deathmatch" meta but I don't think they have any intention to push further into that direction. While this issue has been brought up and outlined time and time again, as you've stated yourself, no solutions have been brought up that effectively address it without strong negative side effects. Management is seeking to address it in the way they best see fit as no better solutions have been brought up. Repeating the problem over and over without bringing a proper implementation to the table does not help. If you want to play devils advocate towards any suggested fixes, that would be closer to being productive.

I've also repeated that my main point is that it's better to keep things the same than buff CT's and ruin our current adaptation. That's more of what I'm advocating here than shoving a known problem in specifically management's face. Not to mention most of the people who propose these CT buffs don't understand the current problem and possible solutions in the first place.

• Content Count:  634

yea sorry 3 ts to 1 ct

With the issue of inexperienced CTs (...) and will allow more CTs to actually gain experience on CT side without getting wiped via the support from more experienced players.

so many cts just sit in ct to enforce other peoples orders

if you play ct and dont have a mic learn to have atleast a rounds worth of usuable "Warden" orders that you can use on any map; ie marker, shift walk no jumping big cage be on boxes, all ts freeze, shift walk no jumping follow me... first order command means you get to give a faux mic first order.

if you play ct with a mic speak up jb is always better with more bants so get those buttery voices going.

• Content Count:  927

Normally, the ratio should be 1:2 (1 CTs for every 2 Ts), but some maps may call for a different ratio. For example, maps like razor are heavily T-sided. It's very easy for Ts to rebel, thus making it harder for CTs to win the round. A ratio like 2:3 wouldn't be a bad thing. 

A good ratio should allow both sides to have an "equal" chance of winning. Most of the time it's just common sense. :)

• Like 1
Edited by Chad

Reply to Thread