? servers

? players online

[TTT] Adding /showrules

• Content Count:  37

Hi, over the past month or so I have noticed a lot of new players joining and breaking rules, obviously because they haven't played the game mode they joined. I've seen admins have to quiet down a server to tell a new player not to do said action again, say just shooting someone because they were following them in TTT but the player still doesn't know how to play the game lol.

I used to admin a community and found it helpful to have the command /showrules to players that way said admin dealing with them will know they have looked at it. The command would pull up a page of the forum post of the servers rules/the gamemode explained similar to the ZE popup. Also no one looks at the rules themselves when they start playing a game mode for the first time, my first time ever on a TTT server I would have appreciated it.

Sorry realized it might be hard to understand but if a new player breaks a rule an admin can use /showrules to make the popup appear on that player's screen

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=931295

• Like 5
Edited by slave

• Content Count:  550

I actually like the idea of making this an admin command. Having this is an easier way to confirm that a new player actually had a little peek at the server rules instead of them not taking the time to type /rules. It can also prove whether the new players are reading the rules or not if they are still doing the same stuff after warning. It can help admins show people the rules easier as well. @Trazz @Greggy G do ya'll think this can be implemented on the server someday?

Edited by Case

• Content Count:  927

This was actually apart of Jailbreak for a little bit. I know it hasn't been on JB for a while but It wasn't because of it being buggy (if I remember correctly). As a JB admin, I would this command whenever someone was constantly was breaking the rules and needed a refresher of the rules. The command's intentions are perfect and could definitively be helpful. The problem is just because you can force something on their screen doesn't mean they are actually going to read it. If all they have to do is click a button to remove it off their screen, then what's the point? There's no way to prove whether the command is actually efficient or not. Would it hurt to add it? No. Again, it's difficult to see whether the command would help. Will have to see what the ATs think. Definitively not a bad idea though!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  927

@slave

The plugin for sm_showrules is different from the current one that is on TTT. Will take another look at this in the future but we are not looking to switch right now.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Reply to Thread