jb vipinthemix_cs removal

• Content Count:  555

Map Removal

Full map name

jb viperthemix_cs

Type of map

Jailbreak

Why should we remove it

@Dominic wants this removed. I would much rather have the old vip in the mix back. The new one has vents that have a bunch of different pathways which is giving the ts so much more space to rebel. Another thing that is very annoying is that the kitchen teleport was changed from soccer to pool. This makes it very hard to try and catch someone that wants to use that secret because before it was easy to spot between the two places. The lightning on the new VIP is extremely weird, it's almost like yellow and not appealing. Another thing that sucks is the one way the was once previously removed in LR room. That is an easy fix, so not too big of an issue. Another small problem I have is that the top of cells vent is one where you don't have to break it to go through. This also makes it hard to locate rebelling Ts. I'm really in favor of putting the old map back, people are familiar with it, and in my opinion this new version actually hurts the CTs.

Edited by Casual

• Content Count:  625

I think that with some time someone would be able to edit the map so that it is more close to what it used to be. Things like:

- Removing the one-way

- Blocking off certain vent pathways (to resemble what it used to be)

- Adding a breakable vent

- Possibly changing the location of the kitchen teleport

I'm pretty sure all these problems are fixable, and the reason the current map replaced the old VIP was because people didn't like the stale gameplay, so with a larger map and more deathgames rounds can be more interesting; obviously it was just added and there will probably be many fixes, just like how the old VIP came to be.

Edited by splayd

• Content Count:  590

I think it takes away what our server is built for. Yeah, the map is just a cooler version but personally I believe that Razor, Revamp, and VIP are the maps that should not be touched. They operate exactly our server should and the old one should be back.

• Content Count:  568

I think it takes away what our server is built for. Yeah, the map is just a cooler version but personally I believe that Razor, Revamp, and VIP are the maps that should not be touched. They operate exactly our server should and the old one should be back.

I dont know how I feel about bringing back the old VIP I mean as you said yourself the map operates the way that jailbreak is meant to work. So maybe having more area in the vents is a pain in the ass. But it gives much more opportunity for the T's to rebel and seeing this map that was practically a walk into armory type of map, change and have death games is great, but I personally feel there is no reason for this map to be removed.

• Content Count:  971

Originally I thought that this version was a piece of garbage since it's the version that Edge and Tango use, but after some exploration I realize I was ignorant simply because much like the community, I don't like change if it risks being worse than how things were before.

This version is such a huge improvement and I'll explain why. Firstly, more death games. Too many death games is overwhelming and pretty pointless since our ruleset usually results in only a single death game used per round, but on the old vipinthemix, jump rope was the only one. It was way off in the back of the map, cluttered, easy for T's to teamkill, like it was a clusterfuck. Glad we have a few more options.

Secondly, the vent system is SO much better. As a CT it makes it easier to traverse the prison when I get pinned into showers after my entire team is wiped so I can retreat to the vents to choose where I want to come enforce from next. As a T, if you used a secret like the vents in big cage or showers, that's the only place you could be and you quickly run out of options as CT's close in on you. It's a lot more fun and interesting to have multiple options in approaching every situation.

Third, you say as if T sided changes are a bad thing? I'm not stupid, I realize almost every map is T sided, especially vipinthemix, but any change that makes it so CT's have to enforce in a way that doesn't involve rushing and camping secrets is a positive one in my opinion. If you want competent CT's, they're going to have to camp and rush secrets. If you've been in a lobby of players in JB where the CT's have full control all the way until LR's, you should know how boring of an environment that is. It's not fun to play as a T when CT's have total lockdown, especially if they achieve that by camping and rushing secrets.

Fourth, again I actually prefer that the vent on top of cells no longer makes noise. On the old vipinthemix, even if you somehow managed to get first cell spawn, get through it fast enough without a CT rushing soccer and spraying you down, you still have to somehow make it to top of cells. If you swipe at the vent, it takes two swipes and now every CT knows exactly where you are. If you use your AWP to one shot the vent, they now not only know where you are, but they know you have an AWP and can act accordingly. No thank you.

I think it's incredibly close minded to list "familiarity" as a factor in determining if one map is better or not. Does that mean you shouldn't go out and make new friends because you're not familiar with strangers? It's silly. This new map is a MASSIVE improvement, I think has improved lighting, is much less claustrophobic (new outside and widened pool hallway), and has overall better secrets and improved map design. The less dead ends the better.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  908

I've edited the map to include the following changes.

- Removed the vent leading to LR room.

- Removed the one way beside kitchen.

- Removed break floor as it was causing some issues.

- Made the vent ontop of main cells solid, you will now have to break it.

- Changed the destination of the kitchen vent teleport from outside to soccer.

The lighting is the exact same across the old and the new map, not sure whats up there.

These changes should hopefully please both sides and balance the map. We will not remove the map at this time, please post any concerns you have with the edited version here. Feel free to continue voting on the poll.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  3294

Going to go ahead and Reject this. The map's done really well in the months it's been on the server, and it's deathgames coupled with the original Vipinthemix style seem to please both sides of players. Along with @Infinityward's helpful edits, we don't see this map going anywhere anytime soon. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

Reply to Thread