26 members have voted

1. 1. Remove points

• Remove points for damage
    • Remove points/stats entirely
    • Keep the point system
    • Keep points being added/removed for kills

Remove the jb point system

• Content Count:  796

The point system encourages rebeling off the bat of the round, which turns the server into more ffa type gameplay, in my opinion, I'd like to gauge others opinions on this as it seems a few others agree, I know the tech team worked hard coding(or downloading idk) the point plugin, but maybe less people on total, with tons less only playing for points is a good thing.

Not officially suggesting this in any capacity, I'd just like to see what people think, I'm still not 100% sure where exactly I even stand.

(Last option supposed to be for a rework of how points work, but keeping the idea of points for kills/deaths, couldn't fit in the box tho.)

• Like 1
Edited by Nate S
i type before thinking yknow

How does the point system encourage freekill? The CTs don't even get points???

I shouldnt have said freekill idk why i did, i more meant reckless rebel from the beginning of every round/ffa type playstyle, will edit the post to remove that, it slipped my mind cts don't get points

• Content Count:  1030

The point system encourages freekill in my opinion

How does the points system encourage freekilling? You get points for killing a CT as a T, not killing a T as a CT.

I'm in favor of removing the points system, but I can definitely understand why some people wouldn't want to remove it. The points sytem is the reason why our servers are deathmatch-style. Prisoners are driven more to rebel not because it fits the gamemode, but because they get rewarded for doing so. If we removed the points system, people would be much more inclined to actually play Jailbreak, and get into the roleplay aspect of the game.

However, the T points system is what makes our server unique. In a lot of other servers, their Jailbreak servers are heavily centered around role-play and less around killing people. Personally, the deathmatch style gameplay is what made me first choose SG to play on, rather than another server. Removing T points would cause backlash, and arhough I believe it's the best solution, I can see why others wouldn't think so. Removing T points removes the uniqueness of our server.

I am, however, a HUGE advocate for gangs. I loved the concept of gangs when they first came out, and I was a member of the number one gang for awhile, until the plugin broke and I was kicked out of my gang somehow. If the gang plugin could be revamped and advertised, I think it would allow for a lot more fun gameplay. This might sound like I'm contradicting myself, because gang placements are dictated through T points, but having gangs plays more into the role-play aspect of the gamemode, since gangs allow Ts to cooperate and work with eachother, rather than trying to feag out on their own. Having gangs brings a sense of unity into the server, as Ts are competing with eachother just as they are competing with the CTs. Having a team-based points system would be a lot more fun in my opinion.

• Like 5
Edited by Benzene

• Content Count:  3294

I am, however, a HUGE advocate for gangs. I loved the concept of gangs when they first came out, and I was a member of the number one gang for awhile, until the plugin broke and I was kicked out of my gang somehow. If the gang plugin could be revamped and advertised, I think it would allow for a lot more fun gameplay. This might sound like I'm contradicting myself, because gang placements are dictated through T points, but having gangs plays more into the role-play aspect of the gamemode, since gangs allow Ts to cooperate and work with eachother, rather than trying to feag out on their own. Having gangs brings a sense of unity into the server, as Ts are competing with eachother just as they are competing with the CTs. Having a team-based points system would be a lot more fun in my opinion.

I 100% agree with Benzene here, Jailbreak should be more focused on the Gangs rather than the individual experience. Recently I coordinated with Prisoners to jump towards CTs while I Jihad, and working together with other Prisoners is a lot more fun in my opinion than rebelling alone for kills. I would be in support of removing the T-Points system, but like Benzene said there would be a lot of backlash.

Unfortunately, I do not see this change coming to Jailbreak soon due to the backlash I just mentioned. I do hope, however, we could possibly hold a poll for the Regulars to see if they'd be okay with it; Mention the reasons why we think we should remove it, explain that the Gangs plugin could take over, Take action and give rewards for the Top Gangs of the 6 month season.

• Like 2
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  99

I feel like the removal of the points system can spark some anger and disappointment amongst the community. The majority of the people that I know and love rebelling can easily get upset. The point system is what encourages the T's to rebel more. They want to gain the most points they can so that they can race other rebellers to the top. I don't think the removal of the whole system will affect the gameplay of the Terrorists. The goal for the Terrorists in Jailbreak is to rebel and pretty much disobey the Ct's and kill them. Although there is the roleplay aspect of Jailbreak there will always be the other side of the rebellers. There are some CTs that bring that RP aspect into play sometimes, and honestly, it's kinda fun as well. However, the JB Community is mixed between Enjoyable JB and Chaotic JB.

I also agree with Benzene, there should be a revamped version of the !gangs command and all of its features. Currently, it's kind of broken because I can't leave my own gang. Also, the current top gang, MC HEADS, is just 3 people. And the gang below has half of the active gang members trying. The gang point system is kinda broken and needs to be fixed as well IMO.

• Like 8

@ape chy How do you feel about this?

I do hope, however, we could possibly hold a poll for the Regulars to see if they'd be okay with it; Mention the reasons why we think we should remove it, explain that the Gangs plugin could take over, Take action and give rewards for the Top Gangs of the 6 month season.

Fixing the Gangs plugin, add incentives/rewards, and reset the current season.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  99

@ape chy How do you feel about this?

Fixing the Gangs plugin, add incentives/rewards, and reset the current season.

I give my full agreement. This should be new and refreshing to everyone as everyone suddenly forgot about Gangs a month after it was announced.

• Like 2

How does the points system encourage freekilling? You get points for killing a CT as a T, not killing a T as a CT.

I'm in favor of removing the points system, but I can definitely understand why some people wouldn't want to remove it. The points sytem is the reason why our servers are deathmatch-style. Prisoners are driven more to rebel not because it fits the gamemode, but because they get rewarded for doing so. If we removed the points system, people would be much more inclined to actually play Jailbreak, and get into the roleplay aspect of the game.

However, the T points system is what makes our server unique. In a lot of other servers, their Jailbreak servers are heavily centered around role-play and less around killing people. Personally, the deathmatch style gameplay is what made me first choose SG to play on, rather than another server. Removing T points would cause backlash, and arhough I believe it's the best solution, I can see why others wouldn't think so. Removing T points removes the uniqueness of our server.

I never joined a gang as I wasn't playing much sg when they came out, although I heard great things, maybe however they could be based on something other than kills.

As I said I don't even know where I stand on the issue completely, that's why I posted, to see if any alternate perspectives could swing me one way or the other.

I also agree that teamwork makes the game much much more fun.

And @TheZZL, I'd really like to know the reason behind the backlash, and have a reasonable conversation to figure out if they're just scared of losing their oh so important rank, or if it's something else, such as the game losing fun(although I wouldn't be opposed to losing some of these people in exchange for jb being more fun for the regulars if it's a large majority that agree, hence the vote), also I wonder if the game not being fun without points to some people would encourage those people to either join ct and freekill out of anger, or try giving more fun orders out of a helpful place to try and make the game fun without a reward.

In my opinion what made jb fun originally was the idea of playing a role, not just killing armed people at a disadvantage, in a larger group of unarmed ppl.

Also if people are just bothered they're losing something they worked hard for, maybe giving a forum award for the top 10-50 people, with individual rewards for the top three, would be a great way of commemorating those who have the most points at the end of this "season"(or whatever word you wanna use) of jb

I never joined a gang as I wasn't playing much sg when they came out, although I heard great things, maybe however they could be based on something other than kills.

What would you suggest the points system for Gangs be? Kills seem to be the only reasonable option.

And @TheZZL, I'd really like to know the reason behind the backlash, and have a reasonable conversation to figure out if they're just scared of losing their oh so important rank, or if it's something else, such as the game losing fun(although I wouldn't be opposed to losing some of these people in exchange for jb being more fun for the regulars if it's a large majority that agree, hence the vote), also I wonder if the game not being fun without points to some people would encourage those people to either join ct and freekill out of anger, or try giving more fun orders out of a helpful place to try and make the game fun without a reward.

In my opinion what made jb fun originally was the idea of playing a role, not just killing armed people at a disadvantage, in a larger group of unarmed ppl.

The T-Ranks have just been around for so long, and it's a big incentive for a good amount of the Prisoners. However, I'd like to take back my statement thinking there would be a lot of "backlash", I think with the re-introduction of Gangs it could actually be fine.

Also if people are just bothered they're losing something they worked hard for, maybe giving a forum award for the top 10-50 people, with individual rewards for the top three, would be a great way of commemorating those who have the most points at the end of this "season"(or whatever word you wanna use) of jb

From what I've heard, the Board is looking to remove a lot of rewards/not add more.

Reply to Thread