? servers

? players online

jb assist

• Content Count:  625

The really good rebellers and sweats are in the top 20 for a reason. If you want to allow people to be able to increase their total points, then they should just try to get used to the maps and game mode then become one of those good rebellers. I get that you want a new outlet for points but I just don't think that this is the way to do it.

You think I'm a good rebeller? NO! Some games, I see people getting 8+ assists because they keep on getting kill stolen by kill-hungry top 20 people (not me, because I'm already dead). It's really frustrating to try to gain points to achieve your goals when you keep on getting denied by the top players on the server.

I would love to see this implemented since I always get a little salty when my kills are stolen. But, there's an easy way to exploit this:

-Spawn in a cell with a pistol or just get a pistol.

-tag every ct.

-wait for them to die.

-farm points threw assists.

And I don't really like the idea of making points having decimals. Thoughts?

There probably is a way to not show the decimal and only add one point every four assists you gain. Also, against experienced CTs, if you spawn in the pistol cell you will be targeted. If you are going to be shooting a pistol ONLY to tag CTs, 90% of the time you will be domed along with maybe 1 or 2 of your innocent T buddies depending on how closely stacked you are. Farming points through assists will also not really be beneficial as you would have to get 4 assists as opposed to 1 kill, which is a lot harder to get without dying.

There is also the thing that if you get an assist, you are KOS. As long as CTs pay attention to who is KOS in the killfeed, you're done for. I think the quarter point awarded for assists isn't meant to be some new meta of farming points, it's just a way to compensate players who have been struggling to fully kill CTs.

• Like 2
Edited by splayd

• Content Count:  922

There probably is a way to not show the decimal and only add one point every four assists you gain. Also, against experienced CTs, if you spawn in the pistol cell you will be targeted. If you are going to be shooting a pistol ONLY to tag CTs, 90% of the time you will be domed along with maybe 1 or 2 of your innocent T buddies depending on how closely stacked you are. Farming points through assists will also not really be beneficial as you would have to get 4 assists as opposed to 1 kill, which is a lot harder to get without dying.

There is also the thing that if you get an assist, you are KOS. As long as CTs pay attention to who is KOS in the killfeed, you're done for. I think the quarter point awarded for assists isn't meant to be some new meta of farming points, it's just a way to compensate players who have been struggling to fully kill CTs.

Ok then, thanks, I think this is a good idea aslong as the assists are capped so you can only get 1 full point. I didn't think of it as a new meta to farm points btw, I was just stating a possible flaw :p

Edited by Asher

• Content Count:  417

The really good rebellers and sweats are in the top 20 for a reason. If you want to allow people to be able to increase their total points, then they should just try to get used to the maps and game mode then become one of those good rebellers. I get that you want a new outlet for points but I just don't think that this is the way to do it.

Rebelling on JB almost never is about having good aim, rather it’s about knowing about secrets and gamesense. Obviously if you have good aim you can definitely rebel harder and get more kills, you definitely don’t need to. Rather, the top players right now, chy and Vanya (I’m guessing they’re still there), have ridiculous activity on the server: Over the past four weeks, chy has 100% activity with almost 12 days on the server. Vanya has 75% activity with almost 10 days. That’s why they’re top players. Giving the assist points is not going to hurt top players - they all have similar assist% - (15-25%) so they’ll stay on top. I’m 100% for this idea.

• Content Count:  272

Rebelling on JB almost never is about having good aim, rather it’s about knowing about secrets and gamesense.

This statement is 100% true.

In regards to giving points off of assists, I say why not. It would allow the players that are not as good at rebelling to earn some points instead of having the same rebellers get all the points every round. It doesn't make sense to make assists KOS if noticed, but not reward any points for it. Having an assist clearly shows that you have done something to harm the CTs, so it should reward points.

• Content Count:  1266

pQ6USZP.png

miss u Dom, this pic is hilarious

What the hell is this thread? You either get the kill or you don't, you'll have plenty of more chances to try again; this is exactly what boomers feared handing out too many participation awards would cause, you guys won't always be rewarded. Try again. Again. Again. Soon enough you'll be the next casual.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  39

pQ6USZP.png

miss u Dom, this pic is hilarious

What the hell is this thread? You either get the kill or you don't, you'll have plenty of more chances to try again; this is exactly what boomers feared handing out too many participation awards would cause, you guys won't always be rewarded. Try again. Again. Again. Soon enough you'll be the next casual.

MoonLight is actually shitposting. but i mean wouldnt be to bad just to give assist credit for unskilled Ts. The fact that CTs can heal pretty commonly would complicate this but its whatever.

• Content Count:  555

MoonLight is actually shitposting. but i mean wouldnt be to bad just to give assist credit for unskilled Ts. The fact that CTs can heal pretty commonly would complicate this but its whatever.

Not really a shit post when he's right. We don't need to add any more sort of way for Ts to get points currently because it's useless. Especially assists, either get the kill or don't. Besides, people are talking like everyone assists on every single kill. This isn't necessary at all and shouldn't be implemented.

• Content Count:  39

Not really a shit post when he's right. We don't need to add any more sort of way for Ts to get points currently because it's useless. Especially assists, either get the kill or don't. Besides, people are talking like everyone assists on every single kill. This isn't necessary at all and shouldn't be implemented.

Casual you must've assumed that i supported this system. I was just saying it wouldn't be a garbage idea but the point i was making with the multiple Ts assisting on a CT would just complicate things. It just seemed that moonlight was saying a thread discussing something like this has no purpose (shitposting). Not like i really care about points anyway cause I literally just found out they reset and I know how to get kills but its whatever.

• Content Count:  1266

GsRo82n.jpg

That ^^ Is a shitpost. It offers no insight to the conversation at hand, I gave a different and what I can hope, more popular POV of this debate; no need to complicate what isnt broken, by adding decimals when the populous is still learning their basic math.

Edited by Kieran

Reply to Thread