? servers

? players online

jb assist

• Content Count:  796

Maybe tech team could use variables in the plugin for damage done and dole out 0.01 for each health point of damage done if under 100 for both players.

I mean it's probably be as simple as:

x^(player number) = damage done by (player number)

if x^(player number)

then x * 0.01 = points awarded to (player number)

else 1 = points awarded to (player number)

or maybe just calculate total points post round with something like

x^(player number) = total round damage by (player number)

x * 0.01 = points awarded to (player number)

Not entirely sure how the system works and what language is used(ig sourcemod but im not familiar with syntax anyway), but instead of deciding on an arbitrary number, I'm sure a case by case basis could be made through the already existing plugin.

Sorry if anyone suggested this already, but I read like 5 posts, and they were all just random numbers people were throwing out, and their reasons for them.

tbh i don't necessarily care for this idea but if it were to be implemented id much rather it be this way and only show the points rounded to the nearest number than just doling out half/quarter points every time a t gets a dink through cell doors

Edited by Nate S

• Content Count:  1633

Maybe tech team could use variables in the plugin for damage done and dole out 0.01 for each health point of damage done if under 100 for both players.

I mean it's probably be as simple as:

x^(player number) = damage done by (player number)

if x^(player number)

then x * 0.01 = points awarded to (player number)

else 1 = points awarded to (player number)

or maybe just calculate total points post round with something like

x^(player number) = total round damage by (player number)

x * 0.01 = points awarded to (player number)

Not entirely sure how the system works and what language is used(ig sourcemod but im not familiar with syntax anyway), but instead of deciding on an arbitrary number, I'm sure a case by case basis could be made through the already existing plugin.

Sorry if anyone suggested this already, but I read like 5 posts, and they were all just random numbers people were throwing out, and their reasons for them.

So people who dealt 1 point of damage deserve some sort of compensation?

Really guys... lol. Damage means nothing. If you tried rebelling and only got damage on a CT, you failed. You're a loser. You lost. You had little to no impact on the round. Giving people points for failing to get a kill is a pity reward. No need to reward noobs who don't know how to successfully rebel. Reward prisoners that actually accomplished something.

• Like 1
Edited by Kieran

So people who dealt 1 point of damage deserve some sort of compensation?

Really guys... lol. Damage means nothing. If you tried rebelling and only got damage on a CT, you failed. You're a loser. You lost. You had little to no impact on the round. Giving people points for failing to get a kill is a pity reward. No need to reward noobs who don't know how to successfully rebel. Reward prisoners that actually accomplished something.

yes if this were implemented they'd get 0.01 of a point and it wouldn't even show up, on chat it could just say something along the lines of "you got an assist"

hence the edit i made explaining i dont agree with the idea, but imo this would be the most fair way to implement it

Edit: I don't think there's any arbitrary number where damage is considered significant, so reward equally based on a non arbitrary number already established by the game, if someone does 1 damage and the other only does 99 and scores the kill, before immediately being gunned down, some may consider the 1 damage to be just as causal in the cts death as the kill wouldn't have occurred without him, hence why I included if x

tl;dr: this system would split 1 point among 2 ts if the kill wouldn't have happened if one didn't do damage, not just if any idiot does any amount of damage theyre rewarded

Edited by Nate S

• Content Count:  1952

yes if this were implemented they'd get 0.01 of a point and it wouldn't even show up, on chat it could just say something along the lines of "you got an assist"

hence the edit i made explaining i dont agree with the idea, but imo this would be the most fair way to implement it

This is so convoluted it just makes 0 sense. I don’t even need to get into situations where the CT’s can use Medic and although we agree that this system shouldn’t be implemented, a system dishing out a 100th of a point and saying “it won’t even show up”, what’s the point?? It’s not fair, it’s petty.

• Content Count:  1030

After reading through the responses in this thread and thinking about it some more I'd like to give a new opinion on this idea. While I do think that it would be cool to have a feature like this, it just seems like a lot of unnecessary work to implement. While yes sometimes it sucks to spray down a guard only to have your kill and point stolen by someone else, I don't think it's helpful to have this.

Our server is already very death-match style, and adding this would just incentivize more people to play T side, because it offers them a new way to gain points. If I'm being honest, I'd rather just abolish the points system entirely, but that's a discussion for some other time, and some other thread. In its simplest form: you get rewarded for killing a CT. You may have done the brunt of the work in getting that CT low, but the kill is what matters. Tagging a CT for 104HP doesn't matter when they escape and heal back up to full. Killing them and removing them from the round does, and Ts are rewarded with a point. I don't see a need to add half-points or quarter-points, because you're just taking a system that's already swayed towards the Ts and giving it more juice.

One other point is that this assist thing would interfere with the ability to heal. If a T does 99 damage to a CT and that CT goes and heals, then gets tagged multiple times after that, until finally sying after being hit by like five different Ts, who gets the points? It just seems as though we're overcomplicating things. While having this feature would probably improve your score a little bit, it's a very minor detail and in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that useful at all. It's not going to help the average Jailbreak player boost their score up to the Top 10, and no one really cares about their T score other than the people who grind T ranks, and those people are also going to benefitting from this feature as well.

It just seems as though we're nitpicking at the smallest of things and the Technical Team is also swamped with other things they have to do. The T ranks system doesn't really need to be touched, because at the end of the day you either got the kill or you didn't.

Edited by Benzene

This is so convoluted it just makes 0 sense. I don’t even need to get into situations where the CT’s can use Medic and although we agree that this system shouldn’t be implemented, a system dishing out a 100th of a point and saying “it won’t even show up”, what’s the point?? It’s not fair, it’s petty.

if a ct used medic the damage done total would be over 100, thus making it not work if a line of code such as

100 - {x(killer) + x(assister)} = z

if z > 100

then points awarded(killer) = 1 and points awarded(assister) = 0

which would make medic turn this sytem off

the point system in general is dumb and encourages freekilling/needless reblling off the start of every round even when not fruitful, because the motivation is points, not a fun time role playing

• Content Count:  459

I don't see a reason to literally go into decimals to give points to Ts for assists. It doesn't make sense, either you get the kill or you don't it would lead to unnecessary work and more confusion. What @Benzene explains in this post is a good way at looking at this.

If a T does 99 damage to a CT and that CT goes and heals, then gets tagged multiple times after that, until finally sying after being hit by like five different Ts, who gets the points? It just seems as though we're overcomplicating things. While having this feature would probably improve your score a little bit, it's a very minor detail and in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that useful at all. It's not going to help the average Jailbreak player boost their score up to the Top 10, and no one really cares about their T score other than the people who grind T ranks, and those people are also going to benefitting from this feature as well.

It just seems as though we're nitpicking at the smallest of things and the Technical Team is also swamped with other things they have to do. The T ranks system doesn't really need to be touched, because at the end of the day you either got the kill or you didn't.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  908

We will not be implementing this. Making an entire equation for this is just unnessecary, not even sure if this is possible with the current ranking plugin and it seems the labor required wouldn't be worth it. As many people have mentioned this would only encourage more rebelling, knowing you can do 1 damage to 5 CTs and get tons of points would make the number of rebellers skyrocket. If you want points, get the kill. If you're not good enough to get the kill, you don't deserve the point.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread