? servers

? players online

Order "Take a step out and freeze"

• Content Count:  568

Would this order imply not to crouch because there is no such "AFK Freeze" which is no mouse or no keyboard so I dont see the issue with crouch when you can knife because technically crouching/knifing are both a movement same for looking around therefore both of them would not be being frozen but yet you get shot for crouching. Now if the order is to not crouch then obviously im not gonna crouch but the confusion is that when people with bad microphones dont speak loudly or you cant understand them and then you dont know if they say crouch or freeze or etc. You are going to crouch assuming they said crouch because you font want to get warning shot for something that you didn't hear. However, the definition of being frozen is "incapable of being moved" so I see why we wouldn't be able to crouch whilst "Frozen" but if we can look around doing 360's and knifing mid air I don't think there would be a big issue allowing us to crouch as well.

• Content Count:  922

Would this order imply not to crouch because there is no such "AFK Freeze" which is no mouse or no keyboard so I dont see the issue with crouch when you can knife because technically crouching/knifing are both a movement same for looking around therefore both of them would not be being frozen but yet you get shot for crouching. Now if the order is to not crouch then obviously im not gonna crouch but the confusion is that when people with bad microphones dont speak loudly or you cant understand them and then you dont know if they say crouch or freeze or etc. You are going to crouch assuming they said crouch because you font want to get warning shot for something that you didn't hear. However, the definition of being frozen is "incapable of being moved" so I see why we wouldn't be able to crouch whilst "Frozen" but if we can look around doing 360's and knifing mid air I don't think there would be a big issue allowing us to crouch as well.

Define freezing: freezing means to stay put and not move your feet, meaning having the same x coordinate, the same z coordinate, and the same y coordinate, depending on the order, you may look around, crouch, knife, etc.. You just can't move your feet. Crouching doesn't move your feet, it moves your body, so your technically still frozen, and it doesn't effect your xyz coordinates, however, jumping does effect your xyz, so they can ws you, if you jump.

If they say take a "step out and freeze" and you do just that but you're crouching, and they shoot you because you were crouching when the order didn't specify wether to crouch or not, that's called freeshooting.

Edit: crouching out of your cell counts as delaying, which you can get ws for, like trazz said.

Edited by Asher
Adding/ grandmar

• Content Count:  922

If you tell someone to take a step out crouch and freeze what are they supposed to do? Take a step out, crouch, and freeze, not stand up and start jumping around like a mad man. If you tell the T's in your order to face the back of their cell, that is when they cannot do 360's because they're not facing their cell, right?

Yeah you are correct however the reason I made this rule disscusion is because of the fact that the order is take a step out and freeze and they never so no crouching but Asher laid it out perfectly your position however has not changed so I dont see this issue with crouching with the order "take a step out and freeze".

Well yeah the other order is "take a step out crouch and freeze" and if you are allowed to crouch in "take a step out and freeze" the confusion between the two would be eliminated therefore if you mishear one you can still follow the order without being freeshot. For example if I mishear "take a step out and freeze" and still crouch and the order is "take a step out and crouch and freeze" I would have avoided a bullet because of the main reason that I was just doing both orders. But if I mishear "take a step out crouch and freeze" without the fact that I can crouch in "take a step out and freeze" I get shot so it works both ways perfectly fine because you just wont get shot regardless if you are being crouched and not.

• Content Count:  625

In the JailBreak rules, it says : • Freezing - When told to freeze you are to stay in the same spot, if you were crouched stay crouching, if you were standing stay standing. You may look around unless told otherwise.

In this scenario, referring to the rules, the only way a person would be able to crouch is if they took a step out while crouching. This means that if they took a step out while crouching, they must remain crouched for the duration of the order, and the people who took a step out standing must remain uncrouched during the duration of the order. I'm not sure where people get the idea that you can crouch and uncrouch while frozen, but you just have to remain in the state you were in when you took a step out.

If a CT sees you get out of your cell standing and then crouch, of course they are allowed to shoot you, however, CTs must be experienced enough to fully understand orders and their loopholes (such as when there is a crouchwalk order without stating whether you can jump or not, so people start bhopping everywhere - in this case I've seen many people get freeshot). As long as the CTs are capable of even understanding their own order this problem would not occur, so I would just recommend giving more specific orders that restrict all loopholes.

In scenarios like these, the CTs are just being dumb by not specifying whether or not the Ts should be crouched or not. There is the previous factor of whether the T exited his cell crouching/not crouching, and not giving specific instructions to an already specific order really doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

• Like 2
Edited by splayd

I understand the rule and the crouching and uncrouching I was just asking if this could be changed because of the fact that of all the confusion because most of the time the T's are confused and also the CT's that are enforcing the order are confused and then when you ask to go to medic because you were freeshot they usually say "Cool I dont give a fuck"

Reply to Thread