? servers

? players online

[TTT] Leaderboards

• Content Count:  625

In the current situation of TTT there is no incentive/reason for people to play the game seriously. When I am on TTT, usually there are T baiters, RDMers, and people who just kill off instinct (as in they see someone kill someone else and instantly dome them without solid proof that the killed was not a T). There is no system to encourage players to play more cautious, and there is definitely a lack of teamwork to actually try to win rounds. I would like to propose a scoring system for TTT (that isn't karma) so it can encourage players to play seriously, make sure they don't do any "bad actions", and bring a sort of competitiveness that TTT is currently lacking (other than the karma contest).

Score suggestions (revised from the other thread) :

Innocent kills Traitor : +2 points

Detective kills Traitor : +1 point

Traitor kills Detective : +2 points

Traitor kills Innocent : +1 point

Innocent/Detective kills Innocent : -2 points

Innocent/Detective kills Detective -4 points

Traitor kills Traitor : -2 points

Inno/Detective win: +2/3 points (Detective and Inno exclusive)

Traitor win: +2 points (Traitor exclusive)

Now these points are just a suggestion for a newly implemented leaderboard system. The only downfall I see is that people will try to get the lowest points possible, but I feel that the only people who would do these types of things are the people who are already causing trouble on the server right now. Of course, the current karma system (that resets every map) will still be there so RDMers can be recognized. If you have any thoughts on if this is a good/bad idea, or if you have any suggestions to the point values, feel free to reply.

• Like 8
Edited by splayd

Round wins should be included as they're currently meaningless.

Edited, Thanks! There won't be any penalty except for bad actions as it will help indicate who breaks the rules more.

Bump

Would still like to know everyone's opinions on this and whether or not it is a viable addition to TTT that will help with some current issues

• Like 1

• Content Count:  123

This is a great idea that would definitely cut down on people T baiting and not caring about their life, with round wins like Kierans suggested this could be a solid implementation.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  890

For sure a good idea that would give people incentive to play smart and just a reason to play overall. On Jailbreak one of my main reasons I play is so that I can climb the ranks of rebellers.

I think this would be a good addition to TTT not only to make people play smarter but also to make people play more and give it a competitive side just like JB has.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  550

I think this idea is solid. It is a ranking system that people want and as others have already said, it would probably make some people play their inno rounds more seriously to climb the rankings. I'll probably tryhard to climb the rankings myself if it becomes a thing :) I'd say if we can implement this on the server someday for a test run it would do good. Though this could come with negatives such as people who want to be the lowest of the low rank wise. They would tbait and take every chance to kill an inno to lose points.

Suggestion: your score should show next to your name in chat, thoughts?

Also for this, I wouldn't mind that being a thing but there should be a feature to hide your points that comes with it. People tend to target the best players so they should have the ability to hide their point amount in places other than /top

• Like 2
Edited by Case

Suggestion: your score should show next to your name in chat, thoughts?

I think this may influence over-competition and may lead to some negative targeting and toxicity, maybe just keeping it clean with a simple leaderboard system may work, not saying this isn't a valid idea but IMO it may lead to some problems.

Would still be a great flex tho :)

Though this could come with negatives such as people who want to be the lowest of the low rank wise. They would tbait and take every chance to kill an inno to lose points.

IMO people are already trying to do this and we can't change who people are. Even without a solid ranking system right now, people still try to go for inno kills by T baiting and false KOSing, etc.

• Like 1
Edited by splayd

• Content Count:  1438

I would love to see something else implemented into TTT to make it more competitive. At least JB has the gangs system that helps keep the game mode more alive and less stagnant. As a player who came back relatively recently I was initially excited to come back to TTT but the same issue keeps coming up in conversation and on the servers over and over: monotony. People T bait and RDM more frequently most likely because they're bored with the game mode. We've been waiting for whatever update or new addition that was supposed to come out weeks ago. The server is getting frequented less often and the server rank is going down. Are we getting any sort of update on this? I'd hate to see one of our best servers die.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread