? servers

? players online

Pardons

• Content Count:  172

I think the fact that you don't need to uphold pardons is annoying and I feel like we should make it so you have to uphold pardons but there are some instances I think I need to address with this new rule, like if the the KOS player to drop ALL weapons and they have a pistol when they come back you can kill them and so on. The KOS person has to fallow all the "rules" to be pardoned like (name of KOS player ) crouch walk to big cage stuff like that, and also only one ct needs to pardon the player. Feel free to give more ideas to add to this or remove thanks for your time

• Content Count:  625

I think the fact that you don't need to uphold pardons is annoying and I feel like we should make it so you have to uphold pardons but there are some instances I think I need to address with this new rule, like if the the KOS player to drop ALL weapons and they have a pistol when they come back you can kill them and so on. The KOS person has to fallow all the "rules" to be pardoned like (name of KOS player ) crouch walk to big cage stuff like that, and also only one ct needs to pardon the player. Feel free to give more ideas to add to this or remove thanks for your time

I'm pretty sure this isn't implemented on our server because of how rebel heavy it is. The fact that our JB server doesn't have a warden means that chaos would ensue if pardons actually had to be upheld, which would cause confusion, freekills, and a lot more dead CTs. What I mean is that even though "rules" may be given to the rebelling T, the guards would have to refrain from killing the T, while the T could do whatever. The T could've already killed half the CT team and pardoning the T because of a) Favoritism, b) Throwing, or c) Just generally being stupid would literally end the round in seconds.

The guidelines for the T to follow exactly what the guards say will just add to the chaos in VC during populated times, and I really think that this part is unnecessary because of the fact that pardons are basically the fuel to destroy the CT team if they actually had to be respected. Being able to kill a T because they were KOS at one part of the round helps the CT manage the T team and allows at least SOME chance for the CT team to win; someone who could be throwing on the CT team could just pardon everyone. The ability to not respect pardons allows the players to eliminate potential rebellers, and if a T was KOS, why would they go back to the main group of Ts? The only reason I see this happening is if the T was low HP and backed into a corner, and this always results in death either in a) The T dying or b) The T dying but he got pardoned. If a T wants to not die, they shouldn't be rebelling in the first place, and I think this suggestion would nerf the CTs more than they already are disadvantaged.

• Like 6
Edited by splayd

• Content Count:  172

@Vanya I still feel we need to make a better way for rebelling ts to prove their innocence and stop rebelling. We can make it so you have to uphold pardons if there are 5 or less cts are alive or something cause you have to admit as a jb reg that it gets annoying when you come out with no weapons and get domed so I think there should be some way to get a reliable/ true pardon

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1161

@Vanya I still feel we need to make a better way for rebelling ts to prove their innocence and stop rebelling. We can make it so you have to uphold pardons if there are 5 or less cts are alive or something cause you have to admit as a jb reg that it gets annoying when you come out with no weapons and get domed so I think there should be some way to get a reliable/ true pardon

Imo Vanya sums it up perfectly. Once you make the decision to go through a secret you're going to be held accountable for it, you made yourself KOS so I don't see why the CTs have to uphold their pardon if you were the one trying to kill them in the first place.

Edited by gween

• Content Count:  625

I've never really been in a situation where I wanted to be pardoned. If I feel like rebelling, I'll rebel until the very end. I don't see why a T should feel like they are entitled to go back to safety after trying to kill the CT team.

• Like 4
Edited by splayd

• Content Count:  417

most of the people who genuinely don't respect pardons are too busy shooting people for "not facing back wall", and you can just sneak back to where the rest of the ts are if you want to not be instadomed. lrs are also generally respected by most, I've come from showers after rebelling to lr and cts just don't care or don't know. The way the rules are set don't need to be changed, as letting cts not respect pardons gives them a buff because of the reasons Vanya listed.

• Content Count:  459

This post is a little late but in my eyes this doesn't need to be changed. What Vanya stated here

I've never really been in a situation where I wanted to be pardoned. If I feel like rebelling, I'll rebel until the very end. I don't see why a T should feel like they are entitled to go back to safety after trying to kill the CT team.

It is a really good way to explain it. If a T rebels they are knowingly rebelling and making themselves KOS. It doesn't make sense to me that a T wants to be pardoned when they rebel and kill the CTs making himself KOS, all of this is what that T decided to do and they are held to that KOS again due to their actions.

• Content Count:  331

Yeah that doesn't sound like too good of an idea. If a pardon would HAVE to be upheld, i would say that every ct should have to agree with that pardon, and that's kinda already a thing. If what you're suggesting were to be applied to JB, like Vanya said, that would lead to a bunch of confusing, free-killing, and the T's would have it much easier. A T could stab 3 CTs and his buddy could just say "i will pardon you" and he can roam free, that doesn't seem fun.

Reply to Thread