? servers

? players online

[TTT] Achievments/Challenges

• Content Count:  526

I think having a general achievement list across all servers would be a cool first step. Such as having it connected to the store or similar and by completing a certain amount of achievements you'd unlock a SG Regular/Mem tag.

Then further along you could add server specific ones that are individual to the server. Certain servers could offer more perks, which is why having both options would be great.

As for TTT I agree with what is stated above. Creating a competitive atmosphere and rewarding dedicated players is always a plus.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  625

I think having a general achievement list across all servers would be a cool first step. Such as having it connected to the store or similar and by completing a certain amount of achievements you'd unlock a SG Regular/Mem tag.

Then further along you could add server specific ones that are individual to the server. Certain servers could offer more perks, which is why having both options would be great.

As for TTT I agree with what is stated above. Creating a competitive atmosphere and rewarding dedicated players is always a plus.

An achievement list for other servers will also help the problems that occur, such as in JB the current situation of the CT team, the issue of throwing on TTT, and possibly the issues of low populations on other servers

• Content Count:  819

I was wondering if it would be at all difficult to implement an achievement system. For example, one of the achievements could be role-specific and a team effort:

- Win a Traitor-round without any of your teammates dying!

- Kill at least four people with the Jihad

- Successfully defuse a C4

- Survive a round as an Innocent

-

etc.

You would type !profile or !challenges to see those you have completed or haven't. Some of the challenges would be for new players, and some a lot harder for the Regulars. Every time you completed a challenge/achievment it would say in chat: "Congratulations! You completed a new Challenge. Type !(command)"

This would probably be a new plugin someone would have to create, but I think it would be really fun and possibly make people use new strategies and play differently.

I think this is a great idea! It's simple but effective and adds an element experienced players can hopefully enjoy and as @Asher said could be a potential fix to my thread.

Now as great an idea as I think it is there is one flaw. In time if a player cares enough he/she will finish all the achievements. That said adding achievements is an option but also can get stale super fast. So in my opinion I think this is only a step in the right direction to making TTT a game mode we can all enjoy again!

All in all I think this is a fantastic idea and highly agree with you @TheZZL

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3294

Now as great an idea as I think it is there is one flaw. In time if a player cares enough he/she will finish all the achievements. That said adding achievements is an option but also can get stale super fast. So in my opinion I think this is only a step in the right direction to making TTT a game mode we can all enjoy again!

This is why I suggested monthly/bi-monthly challenges. So the model and challenges would either get harder or change every once in a while.

• Content Count:  1438

This is why I suggested monthly/bi-monthly challenges. So the model and challenges would either get harder or change every once in a while.

I agree with this. It would make more sense to have challenges rotate every so often or it would defeat the purpose of preventing the server from getting stale, yeah?

Players could suggest new or different challenges that they would like to see and compete in too, that way they're doing something that they want to participate in.

ALSO I feel like this could have the potential to get more people to join the forums and discord. If they frequent the server if would probably be beneficial to them to join the forums if they want to be up to date with what achievements are going on during the month : )

• Like 2

• Content Count:  922

There is already a plugin made for something like this like it was said already. I’m sure we could make our own edits to it to add our own achievements, but this would take time and I’m not sure if it’s in the TTT’s manager's best interests as of right now.

• Content Count:  819

I still think the staleness of it will still happen. Not that changing or having the rotating challenges is a bad idea but in my opinion 2 months from now we'll be right back where we started and everyone will be back here.

This is in no way offense with your idea but fundamentally a problem within SG.

• Content Count:  1987

There is already a plugin made for something like this like it was said already. I’m sure we could make our own edits to it to add our own achievements, but this would take time and I’m not sure if it’s in the TTT’s manager's best interests as of right now.

A plugin similar to this is what I was actually looking into for this but the way the TTT plugin is coded it would not allow a smooth creation of achievements to occur. Would love to go about this again in the future but we have our eyes set on different goals.

Reply to Thread