? servers

? players online

[TTT] Achievments/Challenges

• Content Count:  3294

I was wondering if it would be at all difficult to implement an achievement system. For example, one of the achievements could be role-specific and a team effort:

- Win a Traitor-round without any of your teammates dying!

- Kill at least four people with the Jihad

- Successfully defuse a C4

- Survive a round as an Innocent

-

etc.

You would type !profile or !challenges to see those you have completed or haven't. Some of the challenges would be for new players, and some a lot harder for the Regulars. Every time you completed a challenge/achievment it would say in chat: "Congratulations! You completed a new Challenge. Type !(command)"

This would probably be a new plugin someone would have to create, but I think it would be really fun and possibly make people use new strategies and play differently.

• Like 8
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  1583

This is something that I've wanted for quite some time now. I'm not sure if it's something the managers are looking to do just yet, but I imagine they'd want to take into account some of the negatives that could come from this. Keep your eyes peeled for something similar coming very soon tho :ooo:

I think this would be a Cool addition to TTT especially because I love getting Gold Knife and Jihad kills.

I wound totally Grind for those

Yeah, you're added to the list.

• Like 2
Edited by Gentoo

This is something that I've wanted for quite some time now. I'm not sure if it's something the managers are looking to do just yet, but I imagine they'd want to take into account some of the negatives that could come from this. Keep your eyes peeled for something similar coming very soon tho :ooo:

What type of negatives do you think could come from this though? All I can think of is a change to the meta, and I don't see anything wrong with that. And yeah, I imagine this doesn't come out until their current project (Or whatever they're working on) is done/released.

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  550

I wouldn't mind seeing this, this could be a help to this thread where it says that they want to make innocents play their rounds seriously. Now a question I have is would these just be achievements or would the have rewards like in game credits? Maybe you get 10 credits for completing one of the challenges? That is just something to think about.

Though a definite negative is that some challenges could alter the play style if people take it seriously. If someone wanted to get a reward for "Win a Traitor round with all T buddies surviving." I'd see people playing extra cautious and dragging out rounds. It could also add an incentive for ghosting on the server because some people want challenges done. Though it is not huge, there are some minor negatives that come with it.

• Like 2
Edited by Case

Though a definite negative is that some challenges could alter the play style if people take it seriously. If someone wanted to get a reward for "Win a Traitor round with all T buddies surviving." I'd see people playing extra cautious and dragging out rounds. It could also add an incentive for ghosting on the server because some people want challenges done. Though it is not huge, there are some minor negatives that come with it.

If the T is delaying an admin could still warn them, there's nothing wrong with playing smart and cautious. Most challenges imo would be kill wise, so yeah if people really wanted to ghost/cheat the challenge they could. However, people can ghost regularly in TTT, so unless the challenges give a really big prize who cares if they ghost.

I would also like to add challenges could be credit rewards, like you said, or maybe a custom model. For example, there are new challenges every month/bi monthly and if you complete all the challenges you get the skin/you unlock it. VIPs/Subs could already unlock the skin, and that could be an incentive for buying Sub/VIP. @Trazz @Greggy G @crazedkangaroo thoughts?

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  922

I saw this on another server a while back, back then I didn't really care about it because I was new to TTT, but I remember that a lot of people were grinding for it on that server, so I think this would be a great addition, and I can't really think of any negatives that would come from this. And as Case said, it could fix that thread that @Hawks posted.

Nice idea @TheZZL.

• Like 2
Edited by Asher

• Content Count:  1438

I like the idea, it's kind of reminiscent of Leon's event that he had held for TTT some years ago (sans a working plugin). It wasn't perfect, but I personally thought it was fun to have some sort of competitiveness with other players aside from the game mode itself. I think it would be a great incentive for old and new players to keep coming back and having something to do.

Different rewards for completing challenges would be a great addition as well (ie completing ALL of the achievements or a certain group of achievements and receiving an exclusive skin), because I don't know about you but I have plenty of credits that I don't plan on doing anything with lol. But for newer players it might help them be able to get some cosmetics more easily instead of grinding for an obscene amount of time on the server

Nothing is perfect and there's going to be bad eggs who ruin the fun (ghosting, trying too hard, etc) but I wouldn't see it becoming a huge issue.

I know changes are coming to TTT soon™, but it would be great to see this sometime in the future.

@Asher there was an actual plugin you said?

• Like 3
Edited by Charliere

• Content Count:  625

I agree with the fact that there needs to be an incentive for people to play the rounds seriously, and I think this would definitely be an influencing factor. I think that there should be different "tiers" or "levels" with the challenges, with low tier/level challenges being the easiest and the least rewarding (in this case, credits). Maybe every month/whenever whoever completes the highest tier challenge, and ONLY the highest tier challenge (which will make regs grind for it, and would limit the number of people that get rewarded) get the exclusive skin or something else that can be given temporarily.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread