? servers

? players online

First Cell

• Content Count:  3294

Just now, on Jailbreak, there was a discussion on what exactly was first cell? A few admins and players said the first cell was the one closest to the armory, while others said it was the one furthest away, or the cell closest to the exit of "Maincell". I disagreed, and said the only maps with an identifiable first cell were Revamp, Razor, and VIP because they had been agreed upon for many years.

If we wanted to clarify the first cell for all maps, couldn't we just say it was the one closest to the armory, or instead no map has a first cell except for Razor, Revamp, and VIP?

The "First Cell" being the one farthest away from the armory, or closest to the exit of main cell, makes no sense in my opinion because maps like Summerjail, Mario world, and Moonjail have distinct and different cell layouts. Some of these maps have multiple exits to maincell, or the cells and armory are equidistant to each other.

The "First Cell" being the one closest armory, and lowest, makes a lot of sense for most maps. This way, there's no confusion. Additionally, if a map does not have a "closest cell", there is no first cell.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  625

Honestly, first cell is usually defined on the maps that we frequently play. However, the maps that we usually play are LITERALLY ONLY RAZOR REMAKES, so a solid definition should be made. I think that the definition of first cell should be:

First Cell : The cell that is closest to the entrance of armory

This means that in increasing distance from armory, you would go third, fourth and fifth, etc. In the case of maps like clouds where the cells turn, just go by adjacent cells (so the cell touching the previous cell would be the next cell in the order).

On maps such as obama where armory is in front of cells, either saying there is NO first cell or indicating that the first cell is the one with the vent (so the one nearest pool).

Having the easy indicator that the first cell is the one closest to armory door would help define first cell for maps such as avalanche, summer and clouds (although in clouds, the closest cell would be iso so the second closest cell would be first).

• Like 1

• Content Count:  459

Honestly, first cell is usually defined on the maps that we frequently play. I think that the definition of first cell should be:

First Cell : The cell that is closest to the entrance of armory

From most of the Ts and CTs first cell is what Vanya said here. But this doesn't fit the layout of all the maps so it may be a little difficult for there to be a complete definition of what "First Cell" is as a whole. And if we go by the cell closest to armory standard then some maps just wouldnt have a "First Cell". But, in my eyes the cell closest to armory is the best definition because it fits with most maps and simplest to understand.

Edited by Astral
Adding

• Content Count:  1105

I can understand the confusion depending on where you're looking at. But If you're a CT looking at the cells the one furthest to the left(excluding isolation) I would consider "First Cell", Because the game is for CTs to give orders and Ts to either rebel or obey the orders. So personally I'd say the one closest to armoury is "First Cell" but if that continues to confuse people have them face cells and tell them to go to the cell furthest left on the bottom.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  555

We don't need a definition for every little thing in jailbreak. I think it's pretty intuitive to realize the closest cell to armory is the first cell. The only reason you guys got into that argument is because someone placed a marker on the opposite side and said go to first cell, the only person at fault was the CT.

• Like 3

I can understand the confusion depending on where you're looking at. But If you're a CT looking at the cells the one furthest to the left(excluding isolation) I would consider "First Cell", Because the game is for CTs to give orders and Ts to either rebel or obey the orders. So personally I'd say the one closest to armoury is "First Cell" but if that continues to confuse people have them face cells and tell them to go to the cell furthest left on the bottom.

Since the CT's are giving the order it should be the first cell that they see, which is from their left to right.

FYI, some map layouts have armory on the right side instead of the left side. Just saying "left side" will actually make things more confusing (I'm referring to summer jail)

• Like 1
Edited by splayd

We don't need a definition for every little thing in jailbreak. I think it's pretty intuitive to realize the closest cell to armory is the first cell. The only reason you guys got into that argument is because someone placed a marker on the opposite side and said go to first cell, the only person at fault was the CT.

That's the problem. There is no solid definition of first cell and some newer people, even ADMINS (PHNX, who started this mess) can make this mistake, which can cause chaos within the server (I remember one time a new(er) CT ordered Ts to go to a cell, counted from the wrong side, then proceeded to kill basically everyone). If we have a definition in the FAQ that asks if isolation is a cell, we should probably have a definition for what is first cell.

• Content Count:  162

I think it would make more sense if people didn't use terms like "first cell" or "second cell" and so on. Instead, maybe cts could tell ts to go to cells by pointing out which cells they are with markers or by telling ts which other parts of main cell area they are near.

That will basically remove 90% of the confusion this order creates.

Reply to Thread