? servers

? players online

Best Headphone and DAC/Amp Combo

• Content Count:  820

I've recently been wanting to upgrade from my gaming headset, the SteelSeries Arctis 7, to a more audiophile grade sound setup.

I'm sure I want a pair of headphones but not entirely sure if an amp or dac or both are necessary, so any suggestions are much appreciated.

My budget is ~350 dollars.

Was wondering a few things...

Firstly, do you have this setup of headphones and amp yourself? And if you do, is there anything you strongly like/dislike about either product?

Secondly, wanted to get your opinion on the Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee considering they're priced at 50 bucks less and aren't nearly as "analytical" as the HD 6XX. I've been hearing reviewers say that the 6XX with an amp is way too analytical for gaming and music listening. Supposedly, the 58X Jubilees have a much more natural sound, even when used with an amp.

• Content Count:  2693

Firstly, do you have this setup of headphones and amp yourself? And if you do, is there anything you strongly like/dislike about either product?

Secondly, wanted to get your opinion on the Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee considering they're priced at 50 bucks less and aren't nearly as "analytical" as the HD 6XX. I've been hearing reviewers say that the 6XX with an amp is way too analytical for gaming and music listening. Supposedly, the 58X Jubilees have a much more natural sound, even when used with an amp.

No. I'm using a Audiotechnica M40x with no DAC or AMP. I recommended the 6XX and the Magni because they are great combination for people who are starting out with headphones. The 58x is perfectly fine as well. You can get either, they're both great. You could always use an Equalizer to tune the headphones to your liking. The M40x is really flat and neutral out of the box because they are studio monitors but I used Equalizer APO to make them sound how I want. More bass, etc.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3299

I'm currently rocking a 58x with an O2 AMP/DAC and I honestly love them for gaming as the sound stage is fantastic. They're powered great off of just a motherboard or phone so you don't really need an AMP/DAC but it's really useful for cleaning up your audio signal. I could clearly make out the electrical noise due to poor grounding which the AMP/DAC got rid of so to me it was worth it.

I'm currently rocking a 58x with an O2 AMP/DAC and I honestly love them for gaming as the sound stage is fantastic. They're powered great off of just a motherboard or phone so you don't really need an AMP/DAC but it's really useful for cleaning up your audio signal. I could clearly make out the electrical noise due to poor grounding which the AMP/DAC got rid of so to me it was worth it.

Already bought the 6XX and the Schiit Magni 3+ lol

Reply to Thread