? servers

? players online

Lr points for ct

• Content Count:  503

Cts should get a point towards the /top leaderboard for winning an lr. It'd give them a way to earn points on ct side without causing any unnecessary freekilling and give them more of an incentive to lr the remaining ts instead of just gunning them down after the t wins an lr.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  625

This could actually be a good way to bring an incentive to play CT side as they would be able to earn points as well. It will also encourage CTs to give good orders and try to trim down the T team, and will encourage CTs to stay alive (in this case, I think it will force CTs to keep in mind the rules to avoid slays and such). It MAY (or may not) prevent Ts getting gunned down after winning LR, depending on the situation of the CT team and T teams and if CTs have full control or not.

My only concern about this is how will this prevent CTs from cheating LRs? For things like noscope, s4s, and knife fight, points should only be given if the T was actually killed by the LR weapon, which may be easy (or not) to implement. However, with the glitch of s4s currently (where you get a full mag and can reload for 7 bullets) I don't think theres a way to tell if a CT cheated or not. Same goes for gun toss: this LR type depends a lot on following the rules. How will these points be justified, I don't know.

Great idea, but will have to rely on the trust of CT capability.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1030

I actually really like this idea. It would force the CTs to maintain control of the Ts, because if they let them get out of control the chances of them LRing are very slim. It would also lower the chances of when a T wins a LR, them getting instantly domed by a kill-hungry CT. CTs would be more willing to allow Ts to LR multiple times, as it would give them a chance to get CT points. However, this would require a bit of tweaking to the LR system; for example, if the T is killed by a weapon that's not the LR weapon, it does not give points, same with the CT.

Thoughts @Bacon @Infinityward @Dominic?

• Content Count:  498

5 bucks this is the thing they were working on to "incentivize CT playtime"

It most likely wasn’t.

And this sounds like a great idea, it would make the cts try to get down to 4 exactly to increase their lr chance. I personally don’t see a downside to a plug-in like this.

• Content Count:  123

This could actually be a good way to bring an incentive to play CT side as they would be able to earn points as well. It will also encourage CTs to give good orders and try to trim down the T team, and will encourage CTs to stay alive (in this case, I think it will force CTs to keep in mind the rules to avoid slays and such). It MAY (or may not) prevent Ts getting gunned down after winning LR, depending on the situation of the CT team and T teams and if CTs have full control or not.

My only concern about this is how will this prevent CTs from cheating LRs? For things like noscope, s4s, and knife fight, points should only be given if the T was actually killed by the LR weapon, which may be easy (or not) to implement. However, with the glitch of s4s currently (where you get a full mag and can reload for 7 bullets) I don't think theres a way to tell if a CT cheated or not. Same goes for gun toss: this LR type depends a lot on following the rules. How will these points be justified, I don't know.

Great idea, but will have to rely on the trust of CT capability.

I agree completely with Vanya, this would be a great addition to give ct's a way to gain points but cheating lr would be a big problem

• Content Count:  555

I think this would be a cool addition to the CTs but I don't see it incentivizing CTs to continue with lrs. In all honestly I would rather see a T gunned down after winning an LR over having 35 people spectating one T doing 5 Lrs for 2 minutes. Now I do see it as something that would definitely make CTs more likely to accept Lrs. Currently, it's common for Ts to constantly send lr requests to CTs, just for them to consistently deny it. Obviously any sort of ranking system associated with kills should not be implemented, but this could be at least something the CTs could compete for, even though it's oddly specific to one area of jailbreak.

Edited by Casual

• Content Count:  908

While this is a good idea in theory, it undermines the purpose behind LRs. LRs are meant to end the round quicker, its to prevent the dead players from having to spectate for 3 minutes while the Ts run around; its called a "Last request" for a reason. Adding this would incentivize CTs to give pardons to Ts that have already won an LR to possibly gain LR points if they win. This may be something we look at in the future, but for now we will not be adding this.

• Like 2
Edited by Infinityward

Reply to Thread