? servers

? players online

Braces

• Content Count:  1030

What's up y'all, I'll be getting my braces on July 1st. I wish I could have gotten them on earlier, as I'll have to be wearing them my senior year and freshman year of college (yikes), but there's not much I can do about it.

What are your experiences with braces, and do you have any tips / strategies that are helpful when dealing with the pain, or to make your life easier?

• Content Count:  430

When I first got my braces on, the first 3 days were horrible. You won't be able to chew anything without feeling like someone is bashing your teeth with a hammer. I suggest sticking to mostly soups, drinks, and very soft foods.

After a few days to a week, you should get used to them and it won't really hurt to chew anymore. It's basically smooth sailing from here. You'll forget you have them on. Make sure to brush ya teeth and floss between brackets better than you have before, as they make it a bit harder to keep your teeth white, in my experience.

Sometimes, your teeth might hurt because the braces are too tight or for whatever reason, and there are types of wax you can use to ease it up. I personally never had to use wax and they were fine most of the way.

But the experience is different for everyone, this was just mine personally. Good luck with them.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3150

Some prime years to be smackin lips with the ladies and you'll be walking around with braces. Smh what a waste.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1030

When I first got my braces on, the first 3 days were horrible. You won't be able to chew anything without feeling like someone is bashing your teeth with a hammer. I suggest sticking to mostly soups, drinks, and very soft foods.

After a few days to a week, you should get used to them and it won't really hurt to chew anymore. It's basically smooth sailing from here. You'll forget you have them on. Make sure to brush ya teeth and floss between brackets better than you have before, as they make it a bit harder to keep your teeth white, in my experience.

Sometimes, your teeth might hurt because the braces are too tight or for whatever reason, and there are types of wax you can use to ease it up. I personally never had to use wax and they were fine most of the way.

But the experience is different for everyone, this was just mine personally. Good luck with them.

I've heard that the first three days are a living nightmare, but I've also heard that it hurts like hell whenever you have your wires tightened. How does the pain compare when you have your wires tightened to when you first get them on?

• Content Count:  625

First few days : feels like all your teeth are falling off and someone hit you in the face with a sledgehammer

After tightening : feels like someone punched your face for the first day or so (but not hard enough to make you bleed)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3150

I've heard that the first three days are a living nightmare, but I've also heard that it hurts like hell whenever you have your wires tightened. How does the pain compare when you have your wires tightened to when you first get them on?

Different. Wire tightening is direct noticeable pain but it will pass. The first however many days is deep unrecognizable pain radiating from your teeth that seems to never end. Uhhh not that bad though.... :)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  430

So, about that, I've heard many different things. Some of my friends have said that the day their wires are tightened, they feel some pain similar to the first few days of braces. Some have also said that it hurts, but not as bad as the first three days.

Personally, everytime I've gotten mine tightened, I haven't felt any pain whatsoever. It's only been a tiny discomfort at most.

So, I can't tell you exactly how it'll feel, just hope it's not bad. :)

Edit: As Vanya said, this may also depend on how fucked up your teeth are.

• Like 1
Edited by Toasty

• Content Count:  625

It also depends on how messed up your teeth are. If your teeth are completely missaranged and everywhere, its gonna hurt like hell like me. My 4 canine teeth were pushed forward, so when they put braces on there it hurt like a motherclucker. Other than that, if your teeth are relatively not misplaced, you won't feel that much pain, especially when tightening.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread