• Content Count:  172

Map Suggestion

Full map name

Jb_buyukisyan_dark

Type of map

Jailbreak

Link to map download

Additional Information

Games: KZ - Football - Tower - DeathCrate - Bhop - Surf - True&False - Fly - Pool - Car - Roulette - Russian Roulette

Adjustment

The map is now daytime.

Adjustment

Map textures changed.

BugFix

Some errors corrected.

Screenshots attached

No

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3294

From first glance, this map looks very small, however upon further inspection you can see it has a lot to offer. It has a lot of unique death/minigames you don't typically see on Jailbreak maps, however, where it over-delivers in games it lacks in secrets. While searching through this map there were plenty of good spots to either hide weapons to or place secrets, but none were ever to be found. The only spots I found weapons were an obvious, and out in the open, scout at the tower in the beach, a weapons cache for the winners of a difficult surf, and a single grenade for the winners of RaceClimb.

Pros:

Cool mini/death-games

S4S/LR Room

Cons:

All the buttons (Including Colors directions) are in a non-English language

Lack of secrets

No In-cell secrets

Armory is extremely easily accessible/the armory is open, allowing CTs to sit in there the entire round while enforcing

The Volleyball game is littered with respawning grenades on the floor that can be thrown out of the game

Conclusion:

I do not advocate for this map being added to the servers because it is small, lacks secrets/guns, and would not fit our server well.

• Like 2
Edited by TheZZL
Conclusion

• Content Count:  3294

@TheZZL if this map were added what would you want more of I see that you said secrets do you think adding these would be possible and easy ?

I think the map might need some work to:

Tear down a few walls (to make things more open)

Change the buttons/colors to English (So it's playable/not confusing)

Maybe add an in-cell vent connecting pool-cells (accessibility to the beach scout and armory)

Adding weapons to areas (Pistol at the beach/in the box room/play-ground)

Closing off armory window to not allow camping

Since you can jump around the back of high dive, maybe add a teleport secret that takes you to the roof of armory?

These are all really rough suggestions of things that may make the map better, however, I'm no map maker or modding team so take them with a hint of salt. Additionally, these suggestions will probably make the map a lot more chaotic.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  172

Thanks I just want this map added for a lot of new aspects for death games and such also thanks for your suggestions if any modding team member were to look over this that would be great.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1030

I took a quick look through the map and I agree one hundred percent with what @TheZZL said. This map has a lot to offer in terms of minigames and such, but what it's lacking is secrets.

Our servers take less of a role-play and more of a death-match way of playing Jailbreak, as can be seen by playing old and new razor 50 times a day. Maps that don't really have this quick, jarring playstyle pace wouldn't really fit on our servers. Ts need a quick way to rebel and cause chaos, and it's much harder to do that without the presence of secrets. It's definitely a cool map which could for some servers, but at the moment I don't think it would fit in ours.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  625

I agree with both Benzene and ZZL, this map is way too different from our usual "10 seconds into the round and half the CT team is dead" maps. This map won't really fit our pace and will disadvantage the Ts a lot, bringing this map to a heavily CT sided and not T sided situation. It's an interesting map but even if we added it, I'm pretty sure it would be rtv'ed to the ground after the first few times of playing it, and will probably never get nominated due to its lack of secrets.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  526

To be fair. I think a lot of this comes down to if people get familiar with the map and knows what it has to offer. Have the same issue with jb_downtown. The map is rarely played, so most players don't know the secrets and the gameplay feels stale. Perhaps making secrets that are obvious but require timing or has some delay is a good idea. Make certain cell secrets visible but maybe only accessible by 1-2 ts and then lock it off.

People know electric secrets inside and out because of years of playing it. All regulars are familiar with the design. Try to use similar layout styles as electric in terms of the secrets.

Also on another note, remove the glass covering a lot of the games. Make it use model fences, or something else. It does not look appealing and you have a hard time telling if it actually has glass covering it or not. Make sure to change armory. Do not let CT's have an option to stay there and still manage the terrorists. Remove the front window and make a door on the side. Force them to exit asap.

Take a look at the light_environment settings, try to mimic what dust2 uses etc for a more polished look. Also add a shadow_control entity and make shadows darker.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread