? servers

? players online

Event Recap 6/21/2020

• Content Count:  1633

Event Recap

6/21/2020

Hi everyone! It's time for our first event recap. We're looking for your input on any of the events we have held in the last two weeks. Below are all the events we had during that two-week time span.

Server Events

ZE Map Testing Event

Execute Server Week

MG Prop Hunt

JB Power-Up Event

General Events

Left 4 Dead 2 Verus Event

GTA V Sumo Event

Skywars Event

Golf With Your Friends

We ask that you provide feedback for any of the listed events you attended. Let us know what we did right and what can be improved upon. Please keep all comments constructive, on-topic, and respectful. All feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 13
Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  927

I wasn't able to make many of these events, but I will add something for the execute server week. Executes is a very fun game mode that can help you learn many new things or play differently when the sites are perfectly smoked. I and others enjoyed it. It wasn't that active though. Unless you grabbed a couple of friends to hop on or advertised it in the shoutbox or in the servers, it was dead. In all honesty, I'm not sure if it would be as successful if it came back. 95% of the time I was on it was filled with people who played retakes. I wish it was successful in grabbing other people's attention, but it sadly didn't.

• Content Count:  1161

The sumo event was one of my favorites by far, it was run well, we had a lot of players, and it was all around a lot of fun. It was a little hectic at first, trying to get the lobby setup and who to join off and whatnot, but It all worked out in the end. Nugget did have to leave a little early, but sumo is easy to run once it's all setup anyways.

The power up event was really fun too. Bacon, Dominic, and Dreamz did a great job with the power ups and making sure they changed it up a little so it didn't get stale. I don't have any negatives about this event at all, we had a good amount of players, and it was run really well.

Executes server week was also a pretty good event, there were a couple problems though. On some of the maps the spawns weren't the best, sometimes you would be dead/flashed before you could even unfreeze. For example, executing on to B site on cache from B main was a pretty terrible spot to be executing from, the CTs could get flashes off and be in checkers peeking B main as soon as (or before) you unfreeze. Another thing was the server population, I feel like you would've only known about the server if you were active on the forums. I don't know if this is a thing you could do, but maybe you could put a message in chat on retakes advertising the executes server and its IP. Not all was bad though, the smokes that get thrown at the beginning of the round was a really cool feature. Another cool thing was the buy rounds, where sometimes you could get SMGs/Snipers in the rotation, along with multiple grenades that you could get.

Edited by gween

• Content Count:  555

I think that the JB power up event was a good idea, but the execution of the event led me to leave within the first 3 rounds of it even starting. I don't think I would come back. When I think of power ups speed and gravity are what come to mind, which is what was planned and happened somewhat during the event. But in literally the first 10 minutes of the event, everyone was disarmed while people were trying to kill rebellers in armory. There were 3 people left during a round, and someone froze all just delaying the round even more. I don't see why disarming or freezing should even be used in this event. And the last thing that was annoying was someone force name changing every single person on the server, leading to about 25 or so people getting kicked. I might've left prematurely, but I think any regular that joined, was force name changed, and kicked would not be inclined to show up again.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1253

I didn’t go to any of the General Events but for the most part they looked and seemed pretty fun. But, I actually went to all the Server Events and they were all really fun. The ZE Map Testing Event is a fun way to involve the community in what maps could be added in the future so they know what to expect and see if they like it. The prop hunt event was really fun, just trying to find people and laughing while doing so was pretty enjoyable. As for the JB Power-Up event they were all cool and they got changed often so it didn’t get stale. Lastly, executes was really fun and you can learn a ton about utility usage, and weapon usage, it was pretty fun but I found it weird how some nades were thrown to help retake the site when nobody threw them, it just automatically threw it. I think using just the nades you have or having those nades that are automatically thrown as well would be a good idea. Overall, pretty good event recap, hope we have really good events in the future as well, thanks!

• Content Count:  550

I think that the JB power up event was a good idea, but the execution of the event led me to leave within the first 3 rounds of it even starting. I don't think I would come back. When I think of power ups speed and gravity are what come to mind, which is what was planned and happened somewhat during the event. But in literally the first 10 minutes of the event, everyone was disarmed while people were trying to kill rebellers in armory. There were 3 people left during a round, and someone froze all just delaying the round even more. I don't see why disarming or freezing should even be used in this event. And the last thing that was annoying was someone force name changing every single person on the server, leading to about 25 or so people getting kicked. I might've left prematurely, but I think any regular that joined, was force name changed, and kicked would not be inclined to show up again.

Exactly what casual said for the power up event. I thought of "Power Ups" as in a slight boost in speed or grav and playing good ol'e jailbreak with some added movement. I did not think that renaming people or disarming them is considered a "power up".

As for Executes, I think it was fun, the only thing I really disliked about it was the map voting bug where we'd have to rtv to get a new map. I hope to see an executes server week again and I wouldn't mind attending.

• Content Count:  922

Execute server: I only hopped on once, but it had alot of bugs, but to be fair, the server was only going up for 1 week, at the start everybody played but after that, nobody did. Almost like every MGT.

MG prop hunt: went really well even though it got delayed, r.i.p.

Jb power up: couldn't make it unfortunately but from what i saw Casual post.. yikes mate.

L4D2: wasn't able to participate because I wasn't bothered to download it, but I was in the VC when it happened, I heard alot of laughter and smiles, and a lot of the boomers came back to play too, would love to see an event like this one come back.

GTA V sumo: went just the same as last ones, everybody had fun, and everybody made fun of HEYSENBERKK, though I'd like to see a different map pool next time around, it kinda gets old playing the same sumo remix map pool.

Golf with your friends event: not a lot of people participated in that one, that's all I can say about it really. Matbe people didn't have the game, which sucks for a fun game like this 1, I'd suggest maybe making a poll to see what golf game everybody has before making a golf event

Edited by Asher

• Content Count:  54

The ze event which is the only one I played was not the best and resulted in all snipers being banned which was in my opinion not the best move to just ban them all rather than a select few.The event only attracted about 30+ people which is a high number for the server.The maps in my opinion did not really need testing due to the fact that 2 of the maps did not need testing due to us playing them before, but the boosting that took place was bad.

Reply to Thread