? servers

? players online

gunplant

• Content Count:  113

So let's begin. There is currently no rule about gun planting Ts, except for that it's not allowed. There is a rule that states, that any type of primary is kos. But I have seen Ts getting gun planted by accident, by their T buddies when they die. or on purpose by CTs when they die near Ts or just throw away their guns. And this chain could lead to 3-6 Ts die just because they picked up a gun by accident, so I think there should be rule that says "if T will drop their primary within 2 seconds on a timer after they picked it up, they are not kos." This will help to keep a lot of Ts alive when this happens. EDIT I'm saying this only if he got gun planted on accident, I suggest adding to the rule so t won't be able to kill CTs that CT can say AFK freeze or freeze without moving and drop your gun.

• Content Count:  1161

So let's begin. There is currently no rule about gun planting Ts' date=' except for that it's not allowed. There is a rule that states, that any type of primary is kos. But I have seen Ts getting gun planted by accident, by their T buddies when they die. or on purpose by CTs when they die near Ts or just throw away their guns. And this chain could lead to 3-6 Ts die just because they picked up a gun by accident, so I think there should be rule that says "if T will drop their primary within 2 seconds on a timer after they picked it up, they are not kos." This will help to keep a lot of Ts alive when this happens.[/quote']

I feel like it would be a bit too challenging to differentiate who intended to pick it up and who didn't. So for now I think we should stick with all primaries being KOS. Another thing, in two seconds a T can easily get at least one kill if they hit their shots. Not to mention all of the "He didn't wait two seconds before killing me! He waited 1.7!" complaints that would arise if this were to be implemented.

• Like 2
Edited by gween

• Content Count:  625

It will severely nerf the CTs as the Ts would have a whole 2 seconds of grace period that would allow them to aim and pop the heads of the CTs. I don't think this should be allowed, and most CTs give the Ts at least half a second to drop primaries, I rarely see a T get instantly killed for touching a primary that was dropped by either a CT or a T. Giving Ts more time to hold primaries will result in more panic kills, more "freekill" complaints, and less incentive to play CT side as they will be utterly destroyed every round this occurs. Just my opinion on this.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  958

this has been discussed many times. if you give Ts 2 seconds to drop a primary they could easily kill 2 CTs instead of complying. there is no time limit that is balanced for a T to drop the weapon without being able to kill CTs if they wanted to. I think the rule is fine as it is, its up to the CTs to decide if they want to pardon the player or not.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  209

People ask for this to be changed but it never changes because it would make ts very easily stomp cts because 2 seconds is just enough for a t to headshot a ct and cause chaos. Best thing to not get killed move away for the stack to not pick up gun.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1030

I don't think this is a viable solution. While I do agree that it's easy to get gunplanted by a T buddy if they die while trying to kill a guard, your best bet is to move away from the rebellers if you're just trying to survive. If you're in a stack with a rebelling T with a gun, move away from them. You might take a warning shot, but if you stay with them the chances of getting crossfired or gunplanted is much higher.

I think the rule is fine now, what you're suggesting is basically the rule for drawing pistols. It would be hard to keep track of who picked up what primary, and it would result in a lot of this: "he freekilled me, I only picked up the AK for 1 second." It would also be a great advantage for Ts, because if they picked up a primary and ran around a corner/ducked away, you wouldn't immediately be able to kill them.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread