? servers

? players online

Feedback in regards to recent changes

• Content Count:  550

If it is possible, I'd like to see something like the bhop server does where it disables tier 4+ maps whenever the server hits x amount of people and it has to be nominated in. That is a simple fix for what urp is asking for and I think it would be a better improvement than just taking away all tier 4+. Overall though I think this change is nice and can get more people to stay on because of the easier maps being played.

• Content Count:  824

If it is possible, I'd like to see something like the bhop server does where it disables tier 4+ maps whenever the server hits x amount of people and it has to be nominated in. That is a simple fix for what urp is asking for and I think it would be a better improvement than just taking away all tier 4+. Overall though I think this change is nice and can get more people to stay on because of the easier maps being played.

Ok now this is not at all me shitting on the server but rather stating what I've seen. I personally don't think this will work because the server normally remains at a relatively low amount of people, and it's to the point where it would be pointless to just disable them at a certain amount of people because that amount of people won't really be hit. In the past 2 weeks, I think the most I've seen on the server at once was like 6 including myself.

• Content Count:  550

I see where you are coming from, but the idea of disabling tier 4+ when it hits a certain amount of players is to RETAIN the player count when the server hits "x" amount of players while keeping tier 4-6's still on the server. It is an easy work around instead of nitpicking a select few popular maps from that area. The amount of players that it needs to disable the tier 4+ can change and wont always be at 15. I've seen it work on bhop where the server was able to fluctuate between 17-20 people for hours when the server flared up and It'll most likely work the same way for surf if the server ever has a random pop up in players.

I'm not saying that it ABSOLUTELY needs to be changed because I think that the change to tiers 1-3 only is ok. It is just a suggestion that can fill the needs of players and the server.

• Content Count:  418

While I understand that this is a temporary thing, I do have a few issues with it. If I want to play any map above t3 I literally have to go to another server to play it. So while there aren't as many experienced players as there are new, I still think that no t4+ could drive off a small part of the player base.

I can see a few ways that this could go and the first is something like having t4+ nominations disappear after there are more than 2 or 3 players on the server. I was really only able to play so many of the higher tier maps because at times I was the only person on so I could pick whatever map I wanted, so I think that in a scenario where there are 2 or 3 experienced players who do want to play a harder map they should be able to do so.

The second scenario, which, however likely, would be the best option in my opinion, would be to be a second server for t4+. This is pretty standard for most other server networks, but that, of course, doesn't mean it works for us. Activity would likely be low, there's the in-joke of "do we have enough money for another server", along with other myths and misinformation, but I think it's at least worth a try for a while to see if our overall surf population increases.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  633

While I understand that this is a temporary thing, I do have a few issues with it. If I want to play any map above t3 I literally have to go to another server to play it. So while there aren't as many experienced players as there are new, I still think that no t4+ could drive off a small part of the player base.

I can see a few ways that this could go and the first is something like having t4+ nominations disappear after there are more than 2 or 3 players on the server. I was really only able to play so many of the higher tier maps because at times I was the only person on so I could pick whatever map I wanted, so I think that in a scenario where there are 2 or 3 experienced players who do want to play a harder map they should be able to do so.

The second scenario, which, however likely, would be the best option in my opinion, would be to be a second server for t4+. This is pretty standard for most other server networks, but that, of course, doesn't mean it works for us. Activity would likely be low, there's the in-joke of "do we have enough money for another server", along with other myths and misinformation, but I think it's at least worth a try for a while to see if our overall surf population increases.

The player cap is what we had planned to try if this method was unsuccessful. I think the general consensus is to switch to that system which I will work on later this evening. The server has been doing a lot better lately so I would say the cap will be met somewhat often, but at least the maps will be there. As for adding maps higher than Tier 3, I have a difficult time finding them, so if anyone can suggest maps or refer me to a site other than gamebanana, I’d be more than happy to add those for you guys.

• Content Count:  824

I am eager to hear feedback on the Max Velocity change for surf_aircontrol_ksf and surf_summit. Please leave your feedback here for those changes.

I personally enjoy the max vel change, for some reason, it felt incredibly smooth while surfing with the higher velocity. I think it would be nice to see on other maps as well.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.