95 members have voted

1. 1. Which service do you use / enjoy more

• TeamSpeak
    • Discord
    • Both
    • None

Poll: TS or Discord

• Content Count:  633

I am a huge fan of Discord. It is a lot more modern, sleek and easier to gain access to. It has the chat sections which allow staff to ping certain roles or do @here in event announcements, general announcements, etc. Staff have access to temp mutes, soft bans and things like that. It also funnels members into the same place. Some may have liked Teamspeak and never joined the Discord or vice versa, but now they all occupy the same area. I was someone who enjoyed Teamspeak and campaigned for it to stick around but now that we've been forced to switch, I think it was a better idea in hindsight.

• Like 4
Edited by Dreamz

• Content Count:  819

I love Discord always have an always will. Its sleek modern design and support for communities makes it easy to see who's online and who isn't just by looking to the right of the UI. I vouched for the switch over to discord because the platform is more social and user friendly, TS in my opinion can be daunting to new users while I've heard many users appreciate the simplicity of Discord. I understand that some people might be upset with super niche scenarios and fear change in general, but I feel the transition to discord will pay off for SG once users have gotten used to the platform and are more comfortable with its features!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1328

I enjoy teamspeak more. I find it to be much more simple to use. I also found that discord is more taxing on your computers resources, maybe not in some cases as my own and many others here but for the people who can't afford a high end PC, TS took less RAM and CPU usage than discord does. I also found the Voice quality much better in teamspeak but that is IMO. I voted TS but I would rather use the platform that can help SG in the end succeed more as a community than anything.

As SG moves forward, the player base is going to get younger and with the popularity on discord in general, I honestly feel the best move is discord. A lot of younger people will know what discord is and more than likely already have it installed as opposed to teamspeak.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  1671

I enjoy teamspeak more. I find it to be much more simple to use. I also found that discord is more taxing on your computers resources, maybe not in some cases as my own and many others here but for the people who can't afford a high end PC, TS took less RAM and CPU usage than discord does. I also found the Voice quality much better in teamspeak but that is IMO. I voted TS but I would rather use the platform that can help SG in the end succeed more as a community than anything.

As SG moves forward, the player base is going to get younger and with the popularity on discord in general, I honestly feel the best move is discord. A lot of younger people will know what discord is and more than likely already have it installed as opposed to teamspeak.

I completely agree with McBride's statement. I chose both for the reason that the move to discord just started and there [maybe] should be another poll after some time in the future around 4 months or so.

• Content Count:  5674

I have an insane amount of memories on TS, having used it at SG for nearly 5 years. The only reason I can really say it's "better" is just because of how familiar it was. I never noticed the difference in voice quality between the two until ~20 people were screaming simultaneously in a Discord channel, but hearing them clearly wouldn't have helped much in deciphering what they were saying anyway. Discord's look is much better and cleaner to me, which is a big reason I enjoy it. As far as the switch for the community, I think it's inevitable as TS will most likely get left in the past by everyone at some point in favor of Discord. One of the most disheartening things was going on Jailbreak and advertising a Jailbreak community meeting happening on TS then getting blasted for still using TS and being told no one was gonna come, but it was definitely a reality check on where things were headed.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  536

One of the most disheartening things was going on Jailbreak and advertising a Jailbreak community meeting happening on TS then getting blasted for still using TS and being told no one was gonna come, but it was definitely a reality check on where things were headed.

I can testify to this big time whenever I tried to advertise a meeting for MG.

I never thought the voice quality was a real issue between discord and TS however, during this short period of us being on discord I've seen how terrible the quality difference is. It's not the end of the world but its very annoying to hold an event or meeting where multiple people are talking. So the only real issue presence is the voice quality when a lot of people are in one channel. It isn't that bad. There's too many good features that discord offers over TS then just the voice quality.

Ultimately, if we want to keep whats best for the future of the community in mind then discord will be the best option for us to branch out and gather more members.

• Like 3
Edited by Dong

Reply to Thread