? servers

? players online

TTT Voice Radius Event

• Content Count:  819

Hey all, wanted to suggest a simple but potentially fun event for TTT.

Voice Radius TTT

Yes it is as simple as it sounds.

I think this would be a creative and unique way to play TTT compared to how we already do. Adding in voice radius would really change the elements of TTT, wanted to get a poll of people to see how many of you would actually like to try this out!

• Like 6
Edited by Steven.

• Content Count:  1583

Previously suggested here.

I stand by what I said previously, but we'll see if the team has anything different to say this time around.

In terms of just an event, it might be interesting to try, but unless someone can find a pre-existing plugin, it will likely be too difficult to implement just for an event.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1671

but unless someone can find a pre-existing plugin, it will likely be too difficult to implement just for an event.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1640211

>2013 super outdated, yet, it could possibly work.

I also stand by what I said in the previous thread:

The game mode wouldn't really operate well with a voice proximity because of a few reasons: 1. This would lead to A LOT of people mainly calling kos's in chat rather than calling it in voice, people can see chat, people know who to kill... same with long distances, they see a person kill, see the name, kos in chat. 2. You people in TeamSpeak, Discord, Skype, whatever communication platform to negate all voice proximity because it doesn't affect them at all.

Works well on paper and in gmod but maybe not working too well in csgo.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2681

I'll look into this if my associate @Creten is interested.

Since this doesn't drift away from the point of the gamemode and I know it was popular in GMOD TTT, I'll look into it. However I already have several TTT events lined up for the future, so it might be a while until this happens if I do decide to go through with it. If for some reason the plugin doesn't end up working and I can't find a new one I'll come back and respond to this thread.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2681

Looked into two plugins that would make this possible, both didn't work. I couldn't find anymore possible plugins that would make this work. Thanks for the suggestion, sorry we weren't able to make this a reality.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  819

11 hours ago, Creten said:

Looked into two plugins that would make this possible, both didn't work. I couldn't find anymore possible plugins that would make this work. Thanks for the suggestion, sorry we weren't able to make this a reality.

Appreciate the attempt maybe in the future we can reopen this idea! 

Reply to Thread