? servers

? players online

VoiceMaster for Discord

• Content Count:  1030

Now since Teamspeak is officially shut down for SG, I was pretty upset because one of the main reasons that I used to hop on teamspeak was to chill in private channels and talk to people. I know that a lot of people feel this way too, and are upset that they can no longer do this. I can also see why some people think it's better not to have private channels, to allow for more interaction between new users and regulars, but I also think that having the ability to create said private channels was a big plus and contributed a lot to the people who were active on Teamspeak.

I have a solution that I have discussed with a couple of other CAs, but I'd just like to get the community's input on a suggestion like this. My suggestion is to add the bot VoiceMaster, which would allow people to create temporary channels where they can limit who gets in, and limit the amount of people in it. You can also lock the channel, which would allow the members of the channel that are already in it to remain there, but it would not allow any other users to join.

I think this could have its benefits as well on the official discord, because it would mean that people could join private channels jsut as they would in teamspeak and still be on the official SG discord, which would increase activity. I have linked the bot below and a YouTube video explaining how it works.

https://top.gg/bot/472911936951156740

• Like 15

• Content Count:  459

This is really nice imo, being able to make working private channels like TS. Benzene and I tested this on his own discord and it was great. There is several commands you can use that in some respects even better then Teamspeak, For example theres a channel claiming system and a way to lock and unlock channels like TS through a bot command. It is really nice and i think it would be good to see it on the public Discord.

• Like 1
Edited by Astral
el retardo v2

• Content Count:  1030

So apparently @Dominic read this thread, saw that I had put time into making a video that would allow him to implement the bot onto the server seamlessly, decided to ignore it and try to set up the bot himself, and failed miserably. Well played sir, well played.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  555

So apparently, @Dominic is in fact struggling with this. Kinda funny how he's having difficulty and hasn't even given attention to the video.

Update: So apparently, the bot has "stopped" working.

Update: So apparently, @Dominic is now on a cooldown.

Update: So apparently, there is evidence PROVING that he did not watch the video.

• Like 4
Edited by Casual

Reply to Thread