? servers

? players online

Discord Bug Reports

• Content Count:  3294

Using the VoiceMaster Bot, if you are accepted into a channel where there is already an owner and you leave and rejoin and type .voice claim it gives the channel permission to whoever types It first upon that player re-joining. Basically, whenever a new player joins a private voice channel the permissions are reset.

In this clip, no one is the voice channel owner, yet when someone tries to claim voice channel owner it says the voice channel owner is still in the voice channel. Case tries to claim ownership (We get the same message that the owner is already in chat), he tries to voice deny me and it says he does not own a channel, and then it allows him to claim the voice channel ownership: c7ba63bb0dd241348939552da6bdea4c.png

Separate broken screenshot:

5c0bebef17efa95eb0236df545c0ad12.png

S/o @kuri @Case. @R3Flex for bug testing

• Like 4
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  1030

Using the VoiceMaster Bot, if you are accepted into a channel where there is already an owner and you leave and rejoin and type .voice claim it gives the channel permission to whoever types It first upon that player re-joining. Basically, whenever a new player joins a private voice channel the permissions are reset.

In this clip, no one is the voice channel owner, yet when someone tries to claim voice channel owner it says the voice channel owner is still in the voice channel. Case tries to claim ownership (We get the same message that the owner is already in chat), he tries to voice deny me and it says he does not own a channel, and then it allows him to claim the voice channel ownership: c7ba63bb0dd241348939552da6bdea4c.png

Separate broken screenshot:

5c0bebef17efa95eb0236df545c0ad12.png

S/o @kuri @Case. @R3Flex for bug testing

I went ahead and tested this on my own private server (thanks to @PotatoAlienOf13 for helping me out), and there still is this issue. However, it seems as though when someone leaves and re-joins, you still are the commander of the channel. When I tried this, PotatoAlien left and re-joined the channel and was able to type .voice claim and become channel owner. However, when I typed .voice claim after that, it said Inwas the owner. So I think it glitches out and made two owners. Refer to my screenshot below. Those two owners did have administrative powers with the channel, and are able to kick / reject the other owner. I have sent a support ticket to the bot server and am hoping to get a response. Will update this thread when I receive one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21431[/ATTACH]

• Like 2

@TheZZL @kuri @Case. @R3Flex thank you for testing this bug out and reporting it.

I have spoken to the developer of the bot and he's working right now to fix it, it should be fixed soon. I will notify higher ups if the bot needs to be re-invited to the server.

• Like 2

Update: I have contacted the developer of VoiceMaster and the issue has been fixed! Channel owners will retain ownership until they leave their channel. If you find any more bugs / issues with the bot, let me know.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread