? servers

? players online

T ranks

• Content Count:  905

On Ct side you are given roles for how long you have played maybe add the same for T side. Like 100 points is rebel newbie or 1000 points is rebel god. This would be useful as not everyone wants to go on /top everytime they want to see someones points like how noone wants to see how experienced a ct is by checking how long they have been playing. Also it would encourage rebelling which is what makes SG unique from other servers like tango.

• Content Count:  3294

I don't think it's that hard to tell who's experienced or not; We have /top and if you play for a few days you'll be able to tell who's good by who's top fragging/wiping the CTs. This idea has been suggested multiple times but rejected because of A. It would make Tab/Chat kind of messy, B. Because we already have the Gangs system, and C. Because it's another incentive to play T side, and as we all know the ratio has been hurting since the T points reset (Another incentive to play T).

T’s imo shouldn’t have ranks based off playtime because it’s not really hard to be a t if you just follow orders. Ct’s Job on the other hand is fairly difficult. The reason t’s have a points rank system is to measure how good the t’s are in regards to rebelling

The CT ranks system was implemented to directly be a counterpart to the Gangs plugin that Ts have. The "rank" of Ts is measured in the success of their gang. The "rank" of CTs is measured in how long they play on CT, as this is the only way to prevent CTs from taking advantage of any other points system and become extremely strict and toxic in their orders. If we were to add another form of "rank" for Ts, it seems like an oversaturation of points systems considering we also have GameMe on the server. While I can see the reason why you would suggest this, I don't really think this would bring much benefit.

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96019&page=2&highlight=T-Rank

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91802&highlight=T-Ranks

I think if the Gang Plugin had some sort of recognition for the Top Gang that would be pretty cool (In-game tag or cosmetic prize).

• Like 2
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  1030

I personally think it would be cool to have this as an addition to having T points. Like 0 points is Prisoner, and like 1000 points could be murderer or something like that. It would offer a cool perk for those who have ground out lots of points. Obviously you can check the leaderboards with the /top command, but I think it would be cool to be able to flex your title just as someone playing CT could have the lieutenant rank.

This isn't really necessary, but it would be a nice little addition for those who play more T side and have gotten more points.

• Content Count:  550

This would just add more incentive to play T because some people like having/flexing rank titles. I don't think that JB would need more of an incentive to play T because the T ranks were just reset recently so a bunch of people are playing T instead of CT. Though I like the idea, I don't think it will be necessary just like Benzene said.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1253

@ape chy would literally eat the ranks, I suggested this long ago and get got some sort of back-up bot obviously not enough to go through with the plan. I would really like this but !top is already a thing and so is !gangs. This would add to much of an incentive to play T and CTs are already heavily disadvantaged.

• Content Count:  971

This would just add more incentive to play T because some people like having/flexing rank titles. I don't think that JB would need more of an incentive to play T because the T ranks were just reset recently so a bunch of people are playing T instead of CT. Though I like the idea, I don't think it will be necessary just like Benzene said.

^this; the last thing jb needs right now is another incentive for T side.

WE NEED A REWARDING, NON-EXPLOITABLE INCENTIVE THAT ENCOURAGES CT'S TO GIVE INTERESTING ORDERS WHILE STILL MAINTAINING ORDER.

^this; the last thing jb needs right now is another incentive for T side.

WE NEED A REWARDING, NON-EXPLOITABLE INCENTIVE THAT ENCOURAGES CT'S TO GIVE INTERESTING ORDERS WHILE STILL MAINTAINING ORDER.

I think the discussion on T ranks is already done, considering not only it’s been rejected previously but we have the gangs plugin. If the managers want to bring this idea up, then fuck I might be wrong. Main thing I wanted to hammer down on your post is that we get that ct side needs an incentive, and anything added that gives T side an incentive is bad. We know this, repeating it won’t help. What will help instead of constantly saying CT side needs an incentive is to suggest incentives or ideas for CT side. There are apparently some new things coming that may help the poor ratios and little cts, so we should just sit tight and give suggestions when we think of them instead of complaining:

Hey guys, we have a few things in the works to buff CTs. Feel free to keep suggesting ideas.
Edited by TheZZL

On 6/6/2020 at 7:41 PM, TheZZL said:

I think the discussion on T ranks is already done, considering not only it’s been rejected previously but we have the gangs plugin. 

The Gangs Plugin will be making a comeback once it is fixed, and we will also be discussing this in the Community Meeting tomorrow @ 7:30PM EST. For those reasons, we will not be implementing any sort of T-Rank system. Thanks for the idea!

Reply to Thread