? servers

? players online

Preserve This Current Adaptation of Jailbreak

• Content Count:  1583

Months ago, the server looked a lot different, but the same conversation was being had. There was a lot of discussion and many people just saying it was "shit CTs". Even this is still the case, when the server sees a ratio of 1:3 or worse regularly for multiple hours each day, it's evident that there is an issue and it's not going to fix itself.

The managers have made it abundantly clear that they enjoy the DM gamemode and it's not going anywhere. Making changes to make the server enjoyable for more players and keep them from leaving the server out of boredom does not mean that DM JB is going away. As you mentioned in your OP, the server is very T centric. This calls in to question where CTs draw their enjoyment from. It's certainly not from getting their ass clapped round after round; take a look at what happens to the number of people willing to play CT when they lose multiple rounds in a row.

If you enjoy DM JB so much, why are you so opposed to being challenged for once? Are you afraid that if CTs are able to consistently control rounds that it's going to be harder to farm points and keep a 3.0 KD? The Ts are literally win over 90% of rounds; that's ridiculous. When I play T side I often get bored very quickly of rounds going nowhere and ending quickly so I end up switching to CT or leaving altogether. Hoping that people switch to CT out of boredom is not a good way to operate.

This also calls into question the longevity of the gamemode. I've seen a considerable amount of Staff members spend less and less time on the server, and a wide majority of them end up playing almost exclusively on T side. This has caused the CTs the be neglected and often overlooked from my perspective. Management has always looked to bring cool incentives to T side like point resets, gangs and LR plugins. From the time I started playing JB I've seen the CT side get a 5HP buff and a participation trophy rank system that nobody cares about. Management has already made it clear time and time again that they are not looking to incentivize CTs at all with an achievement based rank system, so why not at least make things a little easier for the few CTs that decide to still play the side.

I don't mean to put you down; feedback is always welcome and it's important to stand up for what you love about your servers, but this whole thread reminds me of the Ts that keep whining "These CTs are shit, give better orders, can someone else switch". The blame is always put on to someone else, as players want the challenge and kills but have no regard for how dull and difficult the CT side can be.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  971

Months ago, the server looked a lot different, but the same conversation was being had. There was a lot of discussion and many people just saying it was "shit CTs". Even this is still the case, when the server sees a ratio of 1:3 or worse regularly for multiple hours each day, it's evident that there is an issue and it's not going to fix itself.

The managers have made it abundantly clear that they enjoy the DM gamemode and it's not going anywhere. Making changes to make the server enjoyable for more players and keep them from leaving the server out of boredom does not mean that DM JB is going away. As you mentioned in your OP, the server is very T centric. This calls in to question where CTs draw their enjoyment from. It's certainly not from getting their ass clapped round after round; take a look at what happens to the number of people willing to play CT when they lose multiple rounds in a row.

If you enjoy DM JB so much, why are you so opposed to being challenged for once? Are you afraid that if CTs are able to consistently control rounds that it's going to be harder to farm points and keep a 3.0 KD? The Ts are literally win over 90% of rounds; that's ridiculous. When I play T side I often get bored very quickly of rounds going nowhere and ending quickly so I end up switching to CT or leaving altogether. Hoping that people switch to CT out of boredom is not a good way to operate.

This also calls into question the longevity of the gamemode. I've seen a considerable amount of Staff members spend less and less time on the server, and a wide majority of them end up playing almost exclusively on T side. This has caused the CTs the be neglected and often overlooked from my perspective. Management has always looked to bring cool incentives to T side like point resets, gangs and LR plugins. From the time I started playing JB I've seen the CT side get a 5HP buff and a participation trophy rank system that nobody cares about. Management has already made it clear time and time again that they are not looking to incentivize CTs at all with an achievement based rank system, so why not at least make things a little easier for the few CTs that decide to still play the side.

I don't mean to put you down; feedback is always welcome and it's important to stand up for what you love about your servers, but this whole thread reminds me of the Ts that keep whining "These CTs are shit, give better orders, can someone else switch". The blame is always put on to someone else, as players want the challenge and kills but have no regard for how dull and difficult the CT side can be.

You act as though I, or a large part of the community, play for k/d and T points and that I/we oppose challenge because it gets in the way of that (That's about a pool of 30 or so tryhard players), even though my main point was that I wanted this format preserved because it's more fun and exciting than the other ones.

You also questioned where CT's can even find enjoyment in playing the side, but I argue there are many ways to have fun playing the side, even with tough opposition. Simply being able to command a large group of people is fun and enjoyable for me, or even taking down a group of rebellers to reinstall order in the prison. But, what's even more fun, are those tense 1v8 rounds where I basically have to hunt down every rebelling T, until the remainders who are following orders can LR. But that's the issue; most CT's aren't capable of those kinds of rounds. The bar is set far too low for noobs, and the people who can actually do it aren't incentivized to play the side besides having fun with it. At least for my personal preferences, while CT side is still very enjoyable, T side is more fun. Adding an incentive makes this a non-issue.

The trouble comes with trying to work out a system that rewards good CT's in a non-exploitable way. But to act like we're just blaming shit players for the problem without taking into account that CT side isn't as fun as T side isn't true; if that were the case, people wouldn't be asking for incentives.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  625

Honestly, with the problem of points reset, since it has been many weeks after points reset, the issues with CT side are becoming less and less prominent. After the point rush, we can see some regs and point tryhards trying out CT, and honestly, ratio isn't that bad as long as CT looks like a winnable side. When you see the CT side having multiple regs that are good at CT and can enforce, people are drawn to join CT when they are bored of CT side. However, this can only be achieved if regs want to play CT. With only new people on the CT sides, the regs usually steer clear of that team as it is unwinnable and is boring, as we always have some sort of delayer, camper, or freekiller. It really just depends on the time and who wants to play CT, I really don't think that there is much problems with CT side as long as the majority of CTs can play it. With regards to the addition to a system that rewards CTs in a non-exploitable way, I have been thinking of that and giving suggestions, but usually they are revoked as they will promote super strict CTs and freekilling.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.