? servers

? players online

Preserve This Current Adaptation of Jailbreak

• Content Count:  971

Now I'm not saying that importing features from other JB servers is a bad thing, but the amount of people trying to suggest changes that would make SG like the other JB servers is overwhelming at this point. Constant requests of CT buffs, forced death games at any time, removal of secrets, like the list goes on and on.

The whole reason I believe that SG is a superior adaptation of JB vs Tango, Edge, or DG is because of how easy it is to rebel. That's what makes it original and fun; breaking off from the main group and working your way around the prison to get guns, positional advantages, and eventually slaughtering the CT's as they attempt to maintain order. The most popular maps are designed with SG's ruleset in mind. Why do you think people vote for vipinthemix, both electric maps, and summer jail over and over? They're genuinely the best maps for this adaptation of JB. They don't have many death games, if any, in order to incentivize the T's to rebel to get the ball rolling. If people really want to be pinned up against a wall every 30 seconds or have constant death games from 5:00-0:30 with CT's religiously guarding secrets, then go to the other JB servers which already do that.

SG's ruleset and gameplay need to be preserved. After the removal of the iso spawn on both electric maps, I fear that this gamemode will slowly become more derivative of an already existing format.

As stated in the previous thread begging for CT buffs, we need better CT's, not more buffs to make them godlike. If you've ever tried to CT on one of the electric maps, if you genuinely try to find the middle ground and give orders that aren't super boring or give the T's too much freedom, it's really easy to enforce.

My only problem with the gamemode right now is the ABUNDANCE of just terrible CT's who get demolished every round and spray people for getting close. We either need more playtime required for CT's, a CT rule quiz (like on Tango), or some kind of incentive for people to play CT and master the role. CT ranks just aren't enough. Maybe 30-50 T points or two hours of playtime as a T before joining CT? The amount of CT's I see with 0-5 T points is just ludicrous.

As always, I understand a gamemode has to evolve and change overtime. However, I hope this explains my strong feelings on why I really don't want this gamemode to go too far from it's incredibly fun and original format.

Edit: This is also why I despise maps like clouds, dojo, and canyon dam. These are maps that are designed for a totally different set of rules.

• Like 20
Edited by dafty

• Content Count:  1030

I completely agree with what daft is saying here. A lot of people think that the CTs right now are terrible, and I'd have to agree with them. The best way to move forward in this situation is to offer an incentive for more people to play CT. This idea has been brought up many times, and I believe that the Jailbreak managers are looking into different ways to offer those incentives to players to make them want to play CT more.

I play a shit ton of CT nowadays, and most of that is just because I have to switch because the ratio is crippling and it's like 4-17, where the CTs are dying before they can even open the cell gates. I've tried to think about different ways to make people want to play CT more, and to be honest I haven't thought of a single good one. There's the idea of creating a point system for CTs, which obviously wouldn't work because it would make them more kill-hungry. This is the same result for rewarding the CTs for running a tight ship, because then the chance of freedays would be minimal, along with increased bloodthirst. I still have no clue how to make more people want to play CT, but I am looking forward to what the Jailbreak managers will put forward.

One thing that I did want to comment on is the "minimum time / experience required to play CT". This idea has been brought up and discussed many times, and I'm pretty sure the managers have decided that keeping T playtime at 30 minutes is good enough. However, I fully support making a minimum point requirement for Ts to join CT. Whether this be 10, 25, 50, or even 100, making a point requirement would force new players to play enough to learn the rules, and basically to learn how to rebel, killing CTs and gaining points. By having a point requirement, it almost guarantees that a new CT will at least have some experience as a T and know how to play the game.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  555

This is pretty much how I feel about jailbreak atm. I don't like any changes that moves us towards a less deathmatch server. I think the JB servers that revolve heavily on roleplay are some of the most boring servers I've ever played. Most of the recent suggestions have been geared toward implementing plugins on the server, when it fact a lot of the problems have been with the regulars, not the server itself.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  362

Everything is fine with JB in general, Its the ct regs and newbies that are the problem as daft said. I have had so many problems with the cts like Killzo that are so annoying to me. I usually have to join because either their camping in a room or camping armory and not enforcing. All the regs play t because they can grind points. And thats slowing the pace of cts.

• Content Count:  3294

My only problem with the gamemode right now is the ABUNDANCE of just terrible CT's who get demolished every round and spray people for getting close. We either need more playtime required for CT's, a CT rule quiz (like on Tango), or some kind of incentive for people to play CT and master the role. CT ranks just aren't enough. Maybe 30-50 T points or two hours of playtime as a T before joining CT? The amount of CT's I see with 0-5 T points is just ludicrous

I personally, and many other people, just find CT side utterly BORING. Playing revamp/razor 24/7 going from soccer to big cage, no one wanting to do a voluntary deathgame, and then giving in to a freeday simply isn't fun. It's because of that, that no one wants to play CT and the ratio goes to shit. There's no incentive to play CT side when you have to carry the entire team, just to get 1-tapped when your team isn't watching your back and you're trying to take a prisoners pistol. The second you try to bring some fun orders or ideas to CT side you have another CT contradict/fight you, or you get burned out because you've been trying to change the CT side meta for too long. Don't shit on the people asking for a CT buff, they just keep getting destroyed on CT side by multiple regs while the T team goes "Shit CTs". Regardless if they're shit or not, they're the ones who suck it up and play CT. Any incentive/idea brought up is rejected or shot down for some other reason:

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96677

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97106

Cosmetics to top Ts/CTs before every reset of points (Resetting points is something they've said they want to do).

The CT-Timer is not going to be increased, it's been discussed more time's than someone's said "Take a step out freeze"

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87875&highlight=CT-Timer

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88929&highlight=Timer

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=86017&highlight=Timer

Unfortunately, a T point requirement for joining CT side was rejected https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=93423

What other incentives can we give for CTs? In the thread you linked the main issue was that we had was that there were too many CTs, but it's quite opposite nowadays. Credits are useless for regs, models ruin the incentive for Sub/VIP, and there doesn't seem to be any system coming in the future that favors higher leveled CTs. Even if we did have a system like that, what would it even do for them? The CT-Priority Queue was suggested for people ranked Lieutenant+, but like the cosmetics suggestion it was overturned in favor for Subs/VIPs.

I'm just hoping whatever this is will give the incentive I'm (People?) are looking for:

Hey guys, we have a few things in the works to buff CTs. Feel free to keep suggesting ideas.

This is also why I despise maps like clouds...These are maps that are designed for a totally different set of rules.

Don't know why you're saying this, Clouds has tons of secrets and weapons throughout the map making it super easy to rebel.

• Like 3
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  165

Playing ct is literally 1v the entire server. The Ts are after you, the admins are after you and your own team is conflicting and baiting you. The Ts only vote in Razer then complain that they are getting the same orders over and over again. Like WTF? Are we gonna event a new part of the map? There are 3 places you can go, big cage, pool and soccer.

As a CT you can't freekill, so say 10 people all detour to a button that you specifically tell them not to press and you start warning shotting them and by accident 1 dies to a hs. If the person who died gets pissed that you killed them. You have to slay, no ifs ands or buts. You are out till next round.

Finally your own team is just camping armory or medic while you give orders and you die cause no one else is enforcing the current order. Il be near main cell stairs and the order is to be frozen infront of cells and Il have 4 CTs minimum in armory or one way. If im lucky 2 will come help me enforce.

If I went on the server to try out CT and this is my experience I would never want to play CT again. But yes this is a JB reg problem because they should be the ones manning up and taking the ct role. I'm not a good CT but atleast I enforce and give orders other then "FD no past first cell". The people who say "shit CTs" are the same people who just sit on T side with a ratio of 4-12. The solution to the ratio problem that I could think of is to send all Ts to Iso for a FD till we get a half decent ratio.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  272

As a CT you can't freekill, so say 10 people all detour to a button that you specifically tell them not to press and you start warning shotting them and by accident 1 dies to a hs. If the person who died gets pissed that you killed them. You have to slay, no ifs ands or buts. You are out till next round.

I say fuck em

• Like 1

• Content Count:  209

I feel like the server has become very t sided since the points reset. Which leads the ratio being very broken. The t side is full of people who know every secret on the current map, while the ct side 80% don't know what warning shots are.

Sure, the server and the ratio were still t sided before the reset, but the reset basically said "Hey, if you play t a lot you could be in the top 10 in a week" It was never like that before. (maybe when points were 1st added but idk). This started the "pro" (people who were no where near the 50 but are there now because they no life t) ts and the mostly noob cts.

IMO the point reset should not have happened. When it came a bunch of no life ts who wanted to be top 10,new cts trying to ct and failing to bc bad ratios, the ts being toxic, or just the stress of being a ct. The biggest thing JB needs rn is a reason to play ct.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.