? servers

? players online

CT’s need a buff

• Content Count:  73

I think CT’s need a buff with all prisoners becoming pretty good, I don’t know how they should be buffed but I think they should be buffed in some way that won’t make them too overpowered but still a good buff, please reply if you have any suggestions

• Like 2

• Content Count:  327

"We listened to your feedback about the CT health buff and decided that we should still in some way try to give the CT's an advantage while also accommodating what you guys wanted. Therefore, the default CT health is now set to 105. The Jailbreak staff and I believe that while this is not a monumental amount of extra health to give a CT, it can still be the saving grace that will help CT's win a fight." -eXtr3m3

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60622&page=10

more buffs and they'll be like thor

• Content Count:  1030

The CTs health is fine right now. They don't need a buff. The reason why they seem so underpowered is not because they're weak, but rather because less people seem to want to play CT. This has nothing to do with the strength of health of the CTs in-game, it is simply preference. While I do agree that having a 4-17 ratio as a CT sucks, it doesn't necessarily warrant a health or any other kind of buff. When the ratio is balanced and the CTs are methodical, cautious, and orderly, they win most of the rounds. However, when there are a deficit of CTs, or newer and inexperienced people are playing CT, it can make it seem as though the CY side itself is underpowered.

• Content Count:  3294

The CTs health is fine right now. They don't need a buff. The reason why they seem so underpowered is not because they're weak, but rather because less people seem to want to play CT. This has nothing to do with the strength of health of the CTs in-game, it is simply preference. While I do agree that having a 4-17 ratio as a CT sucks, it doesn't necessarily warrant a health or any other kind of buff. When the ratio is balanced and the CTs are methodical, cautious, and orderly, they win most of the rounds. However, when there are a deficit of CTs, or newer and inexperienced people are playing CT, it can make it seem as though the CY side itself is underpowered.

What about a plugin that buffs the CT's health by 5-10* HP when the ratio goes to shit? On Razor/Revamp/VIP/Obama people struggle with the number of secrets that overwhelm the CTs, so they get stuck on T side because the rounds are over in a minute and they're getting overrun by the Ts. On Mario/Architect/Canyondam/XMF or other maps that get nominated a lot I find people not playing CT simply because they don't know the map and are out of their comfort zone.

What about a plugin that can detect when the ratio is shit, and give CTs extra HP? Because currently, playing CT side is extremely hard on the four maps I listed originally.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  625

Maybe there can be ct advantages based on the ratio. I'm just listing values, but here: (CTs : Ts)

Too many CTs - 105 hp

1:2 - 105 hp

2:5 - 115 hp

1:3 - 125 hp

1:4 - 135 hp

1:5 and below - 150 hp

Honestly, this may screw up some of the metas for rebelling, however, an hp bonus to the CTs when they are at a disadvantage will help them a ton.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  417

Bottom line: CTs don't need a genuine buff, we just need better CTs.

A good CT, not even multiple ones, are capable of restricting secrets and winning rounds even on heavy T-sided maps like the electric razor maps. The major problem comes from poor ratios. Ideal ratio in my opinion is 3:5, but a majority of the time I get on ratio has been stacked for the Ts, which leads to the CTs getting stomped, which leads to more T side stacking. This leads to CTs playing more passive, and camping, which just grinds the entire server to a halt. This is a positive feedback loop for the Ts until a capable CT gets on. Admins are doing their best to keep ratio fair, and all credit given to them, because they are definitely helping the server, but there's not always gonna be an admin on at all times. My suggestion is to encourage the players to play CT more frequently. I know we have that top CT contest, but by playing CT for an extended period of time would already earn you a lot of credits, making the prize less tempting to grind for. @TheZZL made a CT rank skin suggestion, which was shot down for the loss of incentive to donate for sub or VIP, but it's the best idea so far that comes to mind.

TL;DR: Ratio sucks, can we get a freeday already?

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1583

What about a plugin that buffs the CT's health by 5-10* HP when the ratio goes to shit? On Razor/Revamp/VIP/Obama people struggle with the number of secrets that overwhelm the CTs, so they get stuck on T side because the rounds are over in a minute and they're getting overrun by the Ts. On Mario/Architect/Canyondam/XMF or other maps that get nominated a lot I find people not playing CT simply because they don't know the map and are out of their comfort zone.

What about a plugin that can detect when the ratio is shit, and give CTs extra HP? Because currently, playing CT side is extremely hard on the four maps I listed originally.

This has been suggested previously here, and management decided it wouldn't be the best course of action at the time. There's a chance that this could be revisited, but would require a custom plugin, and may take considerable time.

In the meantime, I can say this has been a frequent topic of discussion, so we would love to hear your opinions on the matter and any suggestions you guys have towards potential solutions.

• Like 2

I think one of the main reasons why no one wants to play CT is because there really isn't much incentive to play CT. The only thing that you can work towards as a CT is CTTime, which gives you more ranks (Private, Sergeant, Officer, etc.). On the T side, you have incentive to play because you can gain points and climb the ranks.

I think one solution to improve this CT problem would be to offer an incentive to play CT. Most of the Jailbreak regulars play T, because they can gain points and climb the leaderboards. The CT leaderboards have nothing to do with skill, only playtime. How else would I be #2 on the CT leaderboards?

However, it's harder to think of ways to make more people want to play CT, as adding points for CTs killing Ts would definitely not be a good idea. This would make CTs more kill hungry than they already are, and would result in increased freekills. One possible way to get some more CTs would be to create a CT leaderboard that is more skill-based, providing people with motivation and drive to play CT. How exactly to do that, I have no idea currently. I do think that there is a way to do it though, and it's a topic that I've given a lot of thought to.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  625

Instead of counting kills for CTs, how about counting how many rounds won? This would encourage the CT team to work together, as soloing never works. This would also encourage CTs to give orders to control the Ts to achieve the ultimate goal: winning the round. Obviously, this will have some issues with point farming, so how about 1 point for every 10 people on the server for winning a CT round, which makes sense, as the more people on the server, the harder it is to control the Ts. Basically, with CT round wins :

10-19 players on server : 1 point

20-29 players on server : 2 points

30+ players on server : 3 points

Obviously, this is just a suggestion, but may make CT side more competitive and enjoyable to play, not to mention more enjoyable for the Ts to try to rebel under harsh conditions.

• Like 2

Instead of counting kills for CTs, how about counting how many rounds won? This would encourage the CT team to work together, as soloing never works. This would also encourage CTs to give orders to control the Ts to achieve the ultimate goal: winning the round. Obviously, this will have some issues with point farming, so how about 1 point for every 10 people on the server for winning a CT round, which makes sense, as the more people on the server, the harder it is to control the Ts. Basically, with CT round wins :

10-19 players on server : 1 point

20-29 players on server : 2 points

30+ players on server : 3 points

Obviously, this is just a suggestion, but may make CT side more competitive and enjoyable to play, not to mention more enjoyable for the Ts to try to rebel under harsh conditions.

This is actually one of the ideas that I had, and I've given this idea some thought as well. Being rewarded for running a tight ship as a CT could offer incentive to play CT more, but there are also some fallbacks. CTs would probably not give as many, if any at all freedays. Why would the CTs give a free day if they could be rewarded for keeping order? Also, this could indirectly result in more freekills, as CTs are more desperate to keep an advantage and not allow for any rebelling.

This could also result in rounds being boring for Ts, as CTs who want to control the Ts are less likely to give fun rounds or days. There might result in a lot of repetitive orders, telling people to freeze, go here, then go there, then go here, and eventually force a deathgame. It could cause the game to become a bit stale. However, I think that overall this is not a bad idea, but there are certain things about it that might not be as viable.

• Like 1
Edited by Benzene
typos

Reply to Thread