? servers

? players online

CT’s need a buff

• Content Count:  498

Cts are incredibly underpowered to the point where ts have 14 guns both of the razor maps and most maps have pistols and vents in more than 2 cells so it’s safe to say yes cts are at a huge disadvantage. The health only saves you against glocks and usps. Cts can’t do anything fun on most maps as you can barely get out of main cells most of the time without have 12 gun fights 24/7, I do agree ct is for skilled players BUT if you have to kill over 7ts by yourself every round because they all have guns 24/7 then these maps need to be removed. With that being said I do believe cts should not get a boost in hp as that’s just overall dumb cts should however have warden as that will make it so they can mute the ts at anytime a HUGE Problem is having orders not be heard a lot of miscommunication happens between the cts and ts with orders

Edit: I am sorry for being a POS at the beginning I saw a lot of things I did not agree with and I’ll leave it at that.

• Like 3
Edited by kuri

• Content Count:  625

Everything about this thread is incorrect everyone saying cts are not underpowered is incorrect and clearly has not play jb for longer then 1 hour. Cts are incredibly underpowered to the point where ts have 14 guns both of the razor maps and most maps have pistols and vents in more than 2 cells so it’s safe to say yes cts are at a huge disadvantage. The health only saves you against glocks and usps. Cts can’t do anything fun on most maps as you can barely get out of main cells most of the time without have 12 gun fights 24/7, I do agree ct is for skilled players BUT if you have to kill over 7ts by yourself every round because they all have guns 24/7 then these maps need to be removed. With that being said I do believe cts should not get a boost in hp as that’s just overall dumb cts should however have warden as that will make it so they can mute the ts at anytime a HUGE Problem is having orders not be heard a lot of miscommunication happens between the cts and ts with orders

Ok, I had a hard time reading your long ass sentences but what I could pull out, I partially agree with you. CTs are underpowered at some points only because a) CTs don't enforce and check/hold secrets and b) Ratio is terrible. This is why I have been discussing ways to bring an incentive for people to join CT and work as a team to control the Ts, but it's hard to give a purpose of joining CT right now other than increasing your KD, as the points reset recently and everyone is speedrunning to the top. ZZL had mentioned before that giving player models as rewards for playing on CT will help, but was rejected as SUB/VIP would not be as viable. In this thread, we also mentioned ways to buff CTs when they are at a major disadvantage due to ratio, but health buffing the CTs will destroy rebelling metas and may make the server unplayable. I also offered a points system for rounds, but the server managers declined because of the fact that giving a points system on CT side would not happen. I don't think a warden system will happen as that denies the purpose of SG's JB: a server where all guards can giver orders, unique to other servers.

Miscommunication between CTs and Ts with orders only happens when there are problems on the server. Ts will start micspamming and screaming only due to the incompetence of the CTs, whether it is not giving orders, not opening cells, or breaking the rules. I do agree that a lot of the times the Ts overexaggerate, but it's only due to the competitiveness on the T side and how they want to get points. Maybe giving more strict guidelines on who can be CT (like a longer play time or a certain amount of points) can help reduce the amount of rule breakers, delayers, and micspammers.

I really don't think these maps have to be removed, it just relies on how well the CT team can control the Ts. On maps like electric, before opening cells, you can have 1 CT go garage and clear awp window, 1 CT go pool and clear scout secret, and 1 CT go showers to hold VIP rushers. Then you would have the rest of the CTs enforce the rest of the Ts so that they follow the orders. Proper CT communication can lead to the team's success; having CTs enforcing all the secrets and paths to rebel at all times will make it a lot harder for Ts to rebel. The constant abuse of the "freeze, crouch, knife the ground" order causes a lot of chaos in voice chat, so refraining from doing that will allow CTs to actually give orders and enforce them.

Another problem that can be fixed is the overall stacking in secrets and armory. During rounds, you really only need one person in/near armory at all times (or 2 if it's a heavily populated server) and one person each in every major and heavily damaging secret (scout secrets, awp secrets, etc). The constant stacking of 3 cts in awp secrets make it really hard for CTs to enforce orders and overall degrades the gameplay performance of both teams, as you would have so many CTs blocking up secrets for rebellers and so little CTs watching the main group of Ts allowing them to rebel.

Basically, in summary, we need more skilled CTs and CTs who want to improve. Having CTs that either don't enforce, lack the skills to enforce, or don't know the rules is really taxing on the CT side, especially since their numbers are limited. New CT players are fine, but only if they want to improve as a CT, as in giving meaningful orders, enforcing, and trying to win rounds. CTs only improve by playing the game correctly: without trying to be a good CT, you won't be a good CT. It is also the responsibility of the T side to allow orders to be given instead of complaining/screaming about one measly freekill in voice chat, instead of taking it up in text chat. I would encourage more experienced players like @chy to step up and play some CT so that the CT side doesn't get royally fucked every round :d

• Like 1

• Content Count:  417

"I think this is a dumpster fire I play jb alot just for the fact that it has no warden servers with wardens are annoying I would hate to see warden on jb do NOT add wardens as was posted before it's very abuse able and other cts other than just one person should give orders instead of having the warden die then things go into Mass Hysteria as cts try to find a place to hide as after warden is killed it is a fd"

You said this about warden about a year ago. The warden situation has been brought up and shot down repeatedly because thats simply the direction the JB ATs want the server to move towards. The electric maps are an exception to how CTs should typically play the server. Obviously CTs on electric are at a disadvantage, especially when capable Ts are on the server, but that doesn't mean that we should add a warden system overarching the entire server. !tmute is already a thing at high populations for when overlapping communication gets annoying, and lowering the point at which !tmute is usable (currently 30) I suspect will lead to abuse, just like how !fo itself is being abused. If you truly cared about electric always ending in favor of the Ts, take a look at jb_avalanche, with a 21-79% win ratio, nearly 2% more stacked for the Ts than electric_razor_go. vipinthemix and moonjail have similar if not lower win rates for CTs, yet most seem to agree that those are balanced. I don't think it has much to do with the maps themselves, and it comes down to the players within it.

• Content Count:  498

"I think this is a dumpster fire I play jb alot just for the fact that it has no warden servers with wardens are annoying I would hate to see warden on jb do NOT add wardens as was posted before it's very abuse able and other cts other than just one person should give orders instead of having the warden die then things go into Mass Hysteria as cts try to find a place to hide as after warden is killed it is a fd"

You said this about warden about a year ago. The warden situation has been brought up and shot down repeatedly because thats simply the direction the JB ATs want the server to move towards. The electric maps are an exception to how CTs should typically play the server. Obviously CTs on electric are at a disadvantage, especially when capable Ts are on the server, but that doesn't mean that we should add a warden system overarching the entire server. !tmute is already a thing at high populations for when overlapping communication gets annoying, and lowering the point at which !tmute is usable (currently 30) I suspect will lead to abuse, just like how !fo itself is being abused. If you truly cared about electric always ending in favor of the Ts, take a look at jb_avalanche, with a 21-79% win ratio, nearly 2% more stacked for the Ts than electric_razor_go. vipinthemix and moonjail have similar if not lower win rates for CTs, yet most seem to agree that those are balanced. I don't think it has much to do with the maps themselves, and it comes down to the players within it.

I said this before I really played servers that had the warden plugin at all and I also just sat with voice 0 and just rebelled all day I had 7k points at the time and I thought if warden was activated I would be shit outta luck. I understand the hypocrisy that saying warden is needed now. But it is true warden or some way to have ts muted while orders are being given for a long amount of time orders are consistently being scream/yelled over and no one can really do anything without admins online which should not be what we resort to while playing jb. Remixed the reason cts lose so many rounds is because of the maps and the cts mixed together if you have bad cts and really good ts the map is as good as a deathmatch server where the ts get guns late. There are a lot of reasons that cts lose a big reason is the amount of secrets that are available to the ts. I understand where you can make the point that lowering the t mute functions availability will lead to abuse but that’s something that needs to be taken a risk on. Cts are at a clear disadvantage and it’s not just bad cts at all.

• Content Count:  272

Cts are at a clear disadvantage and it’s not just bad cts at all.

I honestly think it is bad cts. I don't mean to sound like an asshole and say that when I get on the maps like electric razor and vip I feel like I don't lose that much as a CT, but that has honestly been my experience. It really is just the cts not being skilled enough at the game to kill the Ts and also the lack of map awareness and awareness of the Ts from the CTs. The server is filled with silvers, so fragging is not that hard if you're good at the game. Honestly, being last CT for me is fun because I know I can out aim the Ts for a majority of the time. From the time I have been on and actually tried to win rounds it has shown me that the CTs are at a clear disadvantage because they really are just bad. Maybe not worse than the other Ts, but it's hard to frag out against that many Ts when you're at around the same skill level as them.

Again, I don't mean to sound like some pretentious asshole just because I'm better than the kids on JB at aiming on CS, but this has truly been my experience when I get on JB and try to win rounds.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  625

@kuri I made a post in this thread explaining the many issues of CT I've seen right now, hopefully you will read it and see what me, remixed, and thump are all saying

• Content Count:  1253

It’s not bad CTs, well it is somewhat but it’s not the entire picture. There is never enough CTs because there is no incentive, and there is also many people who are new to CT, if we give them time I’m sure they’ll be great. Also, there is a ton of people who grind T so we can’t help that at all. And Of course there’s always going to be CTs that delay, that will never not happen, but I don’t really find a need for a buff as of now. The CTs have 105 HP and it’s really key to winning, I can’t tell you how many times this little buff has saved the game for us CTs. There is also terrible communication between CTs, constant conflicting of orders or at least when I’m on. I think the CTs just need an incentive and need to shape up. There is nothing wrong with the current system.

Reply to Thread