? servers

? players online

glitch with LR

• Content Count:  78

Its been happening a lot on jb for a little while, it will say T cheated LR for no reason at all. And if a T cheats LR that player is KOS which leads to a ct killing the player for "cheating lr" in actuality nothing happened. I dont know if this is already being looked into this but i just wanted to bring it to the attention of the staff.

• Content Count:  625

It sometimes happens when a T, or the CT even, knifes the air. Doesn't really happen all the time and is kinda inconsistent, don't know what the glitch comes from.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1030

This glitch happens sometimes, but it's not a major thing because even knifing the air is seen by the game as cheating the LR. You're not supposed to be using your knife at all, only the pistol which you're doing S4S with, so it reacts sometimes as cheating. You also cheat the LR if you throw utility, which I saw happen the other day as well.

• Content Count:  3294

This glitch happens sometimes, but it's not a major thing because even knifing the air is seen by the game as cheating the LR. You're not supposed to be using your knife at all, only the pistol which you're doing S4S with, so it reacts sometimes as cheating.

Right, but what's wrong with knifing the air while you're strafing during a guntoss, or just slicing the air randomly like people do. If it's possible it should only cheat the LR if the T damages a CT

You also cheat the LR if you throw utility, which I saw happen the other day as well.

That's intended, and makes sense

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1030

Right, but what's wrong with knifing the air while you're strafing during a guntoss, or just slicing the air randomly like people do. If it's possible it should only cheat the LR if the T damages a CT

Yeah, I was just saying that it registers as that sometimes. I'm not saying that it's supposed to do that, contrary to that actually. This is a glitch or an issue, and I feel as though Ts should be able to knife the air while LRing because it really doesn't do much harm unless they're attempting to kill the CT. However, one thing that I do notice is that when a T does damage a CT with their knife, sometimes it doesn't abort the LR which is weird as well.

• Content Count:  555

I don't see it as a major problem. A lot of the time that someone cheats LR due to whatever this glitch is, whether it happens to the T or the CT, most people will just re LR and move on. I very rarely see someone get killed because they cheated an LR from knifing the air.

• Content Count:  1253

Throughout my years of JailBreak and experience from many servers, I have never ever been killed cause I knifed the air. The only reason this happens is because it thinks you knifed a CT when you only knifed the air, there is of course never anything wrong with strafing and counter-strafing during a gun toss or shot for shot, just a little problem nothing to severe. I've also never seen anyone get killed because of this problem!

• Content Count:  78

Throughout my years of JailBreak and experience from many servers, I have never ever been killed cause I knifed the air. The only reason this happens is because it thinks you knifed a CT when you only knifed the air, there is of course never anything wrong with strafing and counter-strafing during a gun toss or shot for shot, just a little problem nothing to severe. I've also never seen anyone get killed because of this problem!

The past few days ive been on ive seen {not gonna point fingers} a few cts call a kos over it and ive been killed because of it several times :{

• Content Count:  417

If you've inflicted no damage to them with the knife or anything outside the LR then I'm not sure as to why your dying.

It's because the rules say that if a T cheats LR, they're instaKOS. It's not the fault of the CTs, as they are simply following the rules.

Reply to Thread