? servers

? players online

Radars + Issues with the Map Downloads thread

• Content Count:  417

Can the modding team begin work on the radars for commonly played maps. These radars are pretty useful for CTs to find rebellers, and for rebellers to find CTs. Some maps have them, others don't.

Maps I'm pretty sure don't have radar:

ba_jail_electric_revamp_f3 - (btw the map downloads thread still has ba_jail_electric_revamp_f2 in the map pool)

jb_clouds_sgedit

jb_downtown_b2f - (listed incorrectly as jb_downtown_b2)

jb_spy_vs_spy_v1-4sg (listed incorrectly as jb_spy_vs_spy_v1-3sg_fix)

jb_lego_jail_2k17

jb_lego_jail_v8_final_sg_fix

jb_obama_v5_beta_fixv2

Maps I'm not so sure don't have radar:

ba_jail_canyondam_csgo_v7-2_sgedit_v3 (listed incorrectly as ba_jail_canyondam_csgo_v7-2)

jb_marioworld_rsc_sgedit_v4

ba_jail_minecraftparty_v6

jb_mountaincraft_v6-2

Other things:

jb_arcade_b5 listed incorrectly as jb_arcade_b4 (has radar)

ba_jail_texture_city_v2_1 is no longer in the map pool

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3294

I'm pretty sure the radar is something the map maker creates (Something we discussed in-game), for example Thorgot created his own radar for Arcade and put his name inside it. It would be cool to have radar's for each map, but it's not life or death (We don't really need it).

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1952

You have to use an external application to set up a radar and some map makers don't usually go through the process just because it's annoying but I guess it could be some project the modding team could take on lol.

• Content Count:  1030

I honestly would love to have a radar, because it is extremely useful as both a guard and as a prisoner. As a guard, the radar could be used to identify the locations of all of the other guards and see where they are, as well as what positions are unguarded. For prisoners, it's useful because if you're rebelling, you can see where fellow rebelling Ts are and go to different places, as well as use the sight of the obeying Ts to identify the positions of the guards.

However, one issue with having radars is that it allows for snitching. This is a very minor issue, but I have seen several guards consistently take advantage of this feature, saying things like "if you tell me where the rebelling Ts are then I'll give you a free day". This isn't against the rules, but it does kind of ruin the game for a lot of people, and a majority of the time it will result in some arguments and flaming between the T who was tracked down and killed and the person who revealed their position. I have had to mute / gag multiple people directly because of this because they just kept on arguing about it.

However, this is a minor issue and can be dealt with on a basis-by-basis situation. If this is something that the modding team can work on, it would definitely be appreciated by a lot of people.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread