? servers

? players online

[Retakes] little suggestion

• Content Count:  20

I thought it'd be cool if you guys added a sort of shop to Retakes, but not like JB where you can change your skins, add trails, and such to the point where it wouldn't even feel like retakes anymore, however more like little things like light bullet trails, custom spray effects, custom knifes like a candy cane for a knife, etc. So basically nothing way too flashy, but cool to have since you can still get points even when just playing retakes. The reason I think this suggestion would be good is because it might make the player want to grind out the points to get those items if they so please.

Edited by Broccoli

• Content Count:  1030

There is a shop/store option for servers such as Jailbreak and TTT, but obviously not for Retakes. This is because playing on a Retakes server is supposed to simulate a situation that would occur in a competitive match. In a competitive match, there would be no tracers, no custom skins, hats, masks, pets, trails, or auras. I can definitely see why people would want them, because it gives them a chance to customize their character model and look cool, but at the same time that would also possibly deter some players from playing Retakes, as they would want a more realistic experience to a competitive match.

One other possible issue is that some models and other customizable features may give an advantage (if not a large advantage) to the user wearing them. There are already a lot of complaints that models such as the pink panther and Darth Vader, as well as especially the minecraft head make it hard to shoot. Adding these models to Retakes would not flow well with the style of the server.

• Content Count:  20

"but not like JB where you can change your skins" I clearly state not to add skins. However, players use retakes mainly for "warm-up" I just feel like it would add some grind to it and make players more interested in the server. If players want a more "competitive or realistic mode" There's servers called 5v5 competitive that players can go on to play it more realistic and if SG doesn't have those type of servers then they can add those.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  168

I'm definitely against this idea of adding player models in retakes, we already have agent player models from csgo some servers ffa pistal dm like tarik.gg doesn't allow player models as hitbox/its hard to see like the t phoenix model in inferno apps balcony on a site is really annoying to spot out and before you know it they kill you before you are seen.

The unique knifes that you mention sounds good on paper but realistically annoying to add @Infinityward did add special knives in jb but it caused servers to crash/bugs which are annoying to deal with, I'm active on retakes and see no problem with the state of retakes.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1030

I'm definitely against this idea of adding player models in retakes, we already have agent player models from csgo some servers ffa pistal dm like tarik.gg doesn't allow player models as hitbox/its hard to see like the t phoenix model in inferno apps balcony on a site is really annoying to spot out and before you know it they kill you before you are seen.

The unique knifes that you mention sounds good on paper but realistically annoying to add @Infinityward did add special knives in jb but it caused servers to crash/bugs which are annoying to deal with, I'm active on retakes and see no problem with the state of retakes.

I agree with what Raymond is saying here completely. The only customizable things that I could ever see being added to Retakes were custom knives or weapon models, but then again they have been added in for other servers and have had issues in themselves. For example, the /cw plugin had to be removed from Jailbreak because it had bugs and issues that were breaking the game (RIP to the gong fu). Also, the /dz plugin also had an issue where the hammer and hands did either way too little or way too much damage.

Overall, I think it would be more of a hassle to add these things in than to just leave the server as it is right now.

• Content Count:  633

Retakes is meant to be similar to competitive. It is for Prime Players only and doesn't use custom maps. Although it's a community server where SG players meet up to hang out, a lot of people do take it seriously as far as practice goes. I feel like any tracers, paintballs, models, etc would take away from the competitive environment. All of our servers have custom maps and modes or cool models so you have plenty of choices for those sorts of things. Retakes is meant to take you back to the roots of CS:GO and allow you to enjoy a semi-competitive environment with some friends.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  1952

I feel like any tracers, paintballs, models, etc would take away from the competitive environment. Retakes is meant to take you back to the roots of CS:GO and allow you to enjoy a semi-competitive environment with some friends.

I'm not asking for player models, once again.

It doesn't matter man, as long as it's a cosmetic it takes away from an actual competitive environment is what the point he was trying to make. It doesn't make a difference if it's bullet tracers, models, or paintballs, they all do the same thing of being aesthetics.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  590

Retakes is extremely limited to what cosmetics you can add, because once you do it takes away from the competitive feeling of the server. One thing that I think could work is kill effects but only you can see it. I don't know if this is even a thing in CS:GO, but if it is doesn't sound too bad.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread