? servers

? players online

Hidden

• Content Count:  91

I actually got this idea from a War Owl video (

), but I thought it would be a good idea for an event. Essentially, you have one or more players invisible, and the rest have to figure out a way to kill them. It might be harder to implement for a large scale event, but I thought it was a cool concept. Idk, kinda reminds me of the old Predator movies, thought I'd just throw the idea out there.

• Content Count:  1030

I watched WarOwl's video on this, and it actually looked like a really cool idea that would be fun to play. However, there are a few questions that I have about this idea.

First off, how would you guys want this to be implemented, in what kind of gamemode? Would this feature be added to an existing server, such as Jailbreak or TTT, or would you rather play this in a competitive mode, as WarOwl did in his video?

Also, how would this work with a larger player base? In WarOwl's video, he had only six people playing. If this was put together as an event, there would be a lot more players, how would the gamemode work with more people? Would more people be invisible, or will people have to sit out and wait for their turn?

Also these are just my personal questions, I haven't discussed this with the events team at all.

• Content Count:  922

I watched WarOwl's video on this, and it actually looked like a really cool idea that would be fun to play. However, there are a few questions that I have about this idea.

First off, how would you guys want this to be implemented, in what kind of gamemode? Would this feature be added to an existing server, such as Jailbreak or TTT, or would you rather play this in a competitive mode, as WarOwl did in his video?

Also, how would this work with a larger player base? In WarOwl's video, he had only six people playing. If this was put together as an event, there would be a lot more players, how would the gamemode work with more people? Would more people be invisible, or will people have to sit out and wait for their turn?

Also these are just my personal questions, I haven't discussed this with the events team at all.

1. it could be implemented in TTT, say Traitors are "the Hidden" and Innos/Detecs are "the Hunters", JB could work too, random players are chosen as "the Hidden" and the rest are "the Hunters", but on TTT it'll get rid of the role of Detecs and goes away from the TTT Gamemode Aspect. so TTT, i don't will work very well. which fukin SUCKS

and, well as for JB, it's the same story as TTT, which is exactly why i said it should be an MGT.

imo, i'm down for this as a possible MGT.

2. it'll work like the TTT "Traitors & Inno" ratio won't it?

Edited by Asher

@Creten made a really good point about this idea, and that is that an invisible gamemode would not work with the current traitor to innocent ratio that is present inside the game right now. The current ratio is about 1:4 (one traitor to four innocents), and that would make the game way too easy for the invisible people. I'd say if this were to be a viable event or MGT, the ratio of T to innocent would definitely have to be decreased.

• Content Count:  91

I would say the ratio needs to be changed. If there's a 32 person lobby, I would only put maybe 4 invisible people, maybe 3. With that many people, I think it would be a lot harder to learn the patterns of the invisible players, so it would be easier for them. It would be different too with different maps. A large reason War Owl and his friends were able to do so well was because they have the game sense and map knowledge to kill the invisible player. If we used community maps, that would not be the case. I'd honestly make the ratio 1:8 or even 1:10, but it would definitely take some tweaking and experimenting.

• Content Count:  481

After watching the video, this actually looks like a lot of fun. If there was possibly a way we could turn this into an MGT, I'm all for it. In my personal opinion, I think a competitive lobby would be the correct path to take and I'll list my reasons why for you to take into account @Benzene.

The first topic you brought up was a large player base. I completely agree with the traitor to innocent ratio that was mentioned, I feel we could avoid that if we were to use a competitive server. Here's my piece, depending on how many people are on the server there should be at the most 3/4 hidden people against the rest of the others. Then again this is still a stretch, being that the people who are hidden still have an advantage because the rest are imperceptible. But it all comes down to how many people are on the server of course. If I had to be completely honest I don't think the server would be jam-packed but I could obviously turn out to be wrong still. I don't see a reason for people to sit out and watch as that would just suck.

In the beginning, I think it would only be fair for the non-hidden people to get a 10-second head start to take their positions where they desire, after the time runs out well they basically do what they can to survive and kill all the hidden people. The whole match should last probably 5 or 10 minutes as well incase the hidden just want to delay the round for no apparent reason.

This is just my two cents on how I believe this event could "possibly" be done using bits and pieces of these ideas, and try to make the event enjoyable for everyone.

@Kieran @Bacon

I personally think this is a great idea for a possible MGT, but I still have a hard time wrapping my head around how this would really work, and whether there would be much interest to players. I can see how this might be fun, but I can also see how this might be frustrating to people who don't spend as much time playing competitive maps and therefore don't have as much "game sense" or timing awareness which made WarOwl's video seem much easier than it actually is to hunt down and kill a completely invisible player.

I also don't see (as of now) how this would work with a larger player base too. The ratio of visible to invisible would have to be at least 5 to 1, but then again with multiple invisible players, it would be quite easy to overpower any amount of visible players, quite frankly. I'd like to get the managers' thoughts on this.

• Content Count:  1633

This would not fit on any of our current servers. Invisible players would outright be too much of an interference to the gameplay of any of our servers. This event, in my opinion, would server better as an independent event and could perhaps be more of an MGT idea if anything.

I'll look more into this style of gamemode and will discuss this with the team at our next meeting.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread