? servers

? players online

Hypixel's Skyblock

• Content Count:  3294

Last summer, Hypixel released its newest game mode, Skyblock. Unlike usual Skyblock, this one focuses on custom gear, weapons, wands, enchantments, minions, an economy, bosses, collections, skills, and artifacts.

You start the game alone on an island and bridge over to the Hub Island, where you can usually find hundreds of players trying to barter and trade their items in the hopes of becoming the richest player in the game. While doing certain actions, like mining, fighting monsters, farming, fishing, and cutting down trees, you can gain skill for those respective actions. Increasing your skills increases your damage, health, and defense, allowing you to kill monsters that drop better loot.

The beginning of the game is focused around the Deep Caverns, an island with multiple floors of ore and monsters protecting them. You will spend a small amount of the early-game attempting to mine diamonds and wear the armor of the monsters that protect those diamonds. However, once you leave the Deep Caverns and travel to the Spiders Den, The Blazing Fortress, or The End you will find that you are simply outmatched with your low gear. With every new step of the game, comes different challenges to overcome.

The best armor, is found at The End and, are rare drops from Dragons. There are different types of dragons that can spawn and drop fragments or armor pieces with different abilities. Strong dragon armor increases your damage, Wise increase your intelligence/Mana, Unstable increases your critical strike chance, Old increases your enchantments' abilities, Protector increases your defense when on low health, Young increases your speed, and the rarest (and arguable best) armor is Superior which increases your damage and overall defense.

When talking about personal advantage, nothing is more crucial than Minions. Minions are little figures that can be crafted by any material and place and mine that material. Even when offline, Minions produce the material they are crafted from and can be upgraded by the same material. When you have either three stacks (192) or two and a half stacks (160) of an item, it can be turned into an Enchanted version of that item. The best items in the game are either drops from monsters/bosses, or crafted by Enchanted versions of items. Additionally, when you have two and a half stacks (160) of most enchanted ores/items they can be crafted into the Enchanted block version. For example, one of the best armor sets for defense is called Perfect Tier 12 Diamond Armor. It costs 200 Enchanted Diamond Blocks (5,120,000 Diamonds) to craft and increases your defense to almost 95%. You can have a maximum of twenty-four minions placed on one island, but can only unlock that many by crafting unique minions, or upgrading your minions to the maximum level (Eleven).

I made this post because I've noticed a lot of Jailbreak regulars play Skyblock, and I've been playing since the early fall of last year. It's an extremely grindy game, but fun. The game is getting its largest and most anticipated update, Dungeons. Dungeons will be a maze type/puzzle-solving quest where you kill harder bosses and fight using classes and special dungeons gear with up to a party of five people. The current best loadout costs around six hundred million coins, but the admins have claimed that the gear found in the harder and later stages of the dungeons are going to be far better. I invite anyone who's been playing Minecraft recently to either check out the game mode or watch some content about it:

[video=youtube;9W4R4WX5p-M]

• Like 2
Edited by TheZZL

I really dont really wanted to right a paragraph so Its good when you start out but when you are in it its boring and some quests glitch out. 9/10

Yeah I had the Park race, Gustave, glitch out for me because I clicked on his menus/chats too fast. If you ever lose a one-player-per-item object go on an alt and get it. Buying them from the AH is tough because other people have lost theirs as well. I lost my Maddox Batphone early on so I had to trade between my Alt and my Main killing T3 Svens.

• Content Count:  362

Yeah I had the Park race, Gustave, glitch out for me because I clicked on his menus/chats too fast. If you ever lose a one-player-per-item object go on an alt and get it. Buying them from the AH is tough because other people have lost theirs as well. I lost my Maddox Batphone early on so I had to trade between my Alt and my Main killing T3 Svens.

I couldn't get the wool quest done because it was glitched and it was annoying. But they games fun because its new when you first play it

I couldn't get the wool quest done because it was glitched and it was annoying. But they games fun because its new when you first play it

The wool quest is just for the carpentry skill, which isn't counted towards your skill average. No one cares about it either because over half the craftable items are not released yet.

• Content Count:  362

The wool quest is just for the carpentry skill, which isn't counted towards your skill average. No one cares about it either because over half the craftable items are not released yet.

Still was hella annoying doing it

Reply to Thread