? servers

? players online

Guide to Medal.tv

• Content Count:  1030

This is it boys, this is the final guide. I've noticed that when playing Jailbreak, a lot of people aren't necessarily recording their gameplay. I get a lot of freekill reports and people complaining in the chat about someone who freekilled them, but then when I ask them for evidence so I can take action against the offending player, a common response is "oh, I wasn't recording" or "sorry, I didn't save the clip". Obviously if I didn't see someone get freekilled, I can't punish the player who freekilled him. So here's a guide on my personal favorite recording software.

What is Medal.tv?

Medal is an easy-to-use recording software that doesn't interfere with the quality of your fameplay. It is easy to set up, and easy to save clips as well.

How do I download Medal?

Go to this link: Medal.tv and click the download button. Unfortunately, I think this software only supports Windows, so if you're using some other software, Medal.tv is not a viable option for you.

DMs3376.png

How do I save a clip?

Once Medal is downloaded, open the application and you should be brought to the dashboard. In the top right corner, there is a gear button which will bring you to the settings. There are a lot of settings that you can change, but the most important ones are HOTKEY and CLIP LENGTH.

pQNJ0pk.png

Here are my settings for Medal.tv clips:

1. Hotkey: F1

2. Clip Length: 2 minutes

3. Default Settings for everything else

B48NQjv.png

How do I use it?

When you are in-game, on any server, whether it be official CS:GO server or SG Jailbreak, all you have to do is press your set hotkey, and it will save your gameplay from the last 2 minutes, or 15 seconds, or whatever your clip length is. I like to keep my clip length at the maximum amount of tie (2 minutes), as it allows a lot of leeway for the clip itself.

Once you press the hotkey, you'll hear a sound, which signifies that the clip was successfully saved. All you have to do then is exit CS:GO, and the clip will be waiting there on the Medal.tv dashboard under "Ready to Publish". Click on the clip, and you can trim the length if you want, and then publish it. After the clip is published, it will appear on your public profile, and it will automatically give you a shareable link that you can message to people, or post on the forums, teamspeak, or discord.

Medal.tv has worked perfectly for me for over half a year, and I've used it to make player complaints, save funny clips, and gather evidence on cheaters. Hopefully this guide helps people who want to record their gameplay but don't know how.

If anyone has any questions about Medal.tv and how to use it, or has difficulty installing it or saving their clips, feel free to post in this thread and I'll try my best to help out.Medal.tv is an easy-to-use, easy to set up recording software that runs in the background while you play. I play on a chunky laptop from the 300s BC, and even I find that having Medal running in the background doesn't slow down my gameplay at all.

• Like 2
Edited by Benzene

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.