? servers

? players online

[JB] /voice Plugin

• Content Count:  1030

In TTT, there is a plugin which allows players, if they are either traitors or detectives, to type /voice or/v in chat to talk only with other traitors or detectives. This allows them to plan with each other or talk to each other without anybody else knowing.

I think that Jailbreak could definitely benefit from a plugin like this, especially for the prisoners. If there was an ability for prisoners to talk to each other without the guards being able to hear or see (which can happen in terrorist chat, but that's more time-consuming), it would much better allow for collaborative rebelling. Prisoners could plan to rebel together (i.e. at 4:30 let's rush this CT, or come with me to third cell secret), it would make the gamemode more interesting and keep the guards on their toes, as they would never really know what's about to happen. It would force guards to take into consideration a more large-scale, planned rebellion which they would have to defend against.

I think it would be super cool to have something like this implemented in-game.

• Content Count:  824

Imo this would really fuck the cts over (who are already at a disadvantage) and would make the rounds even quicker. Ts can already correlate with each other in team chat, but if it was voice chat, they could plan almost anything and then the round's over for the cts. And i don't think this'll keep the guards on their toes, but rather discourage them from playing ct. They already don't know what's going to happen in some places.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  922

This might work well in TTT, however, I do not think this will work well on jailbreak or any server. Yes, you could have a voice chat to "collaborate", but realistically what purpose would it serve? The only reason a team voice chat works well on TTT is that the game can actually be fast pace, and communication and orders are not a necessity to achieve your goal.

You could argue that you need this on any server such as zombie escape or minigames, where you can plan to go a certain way or plan an attack on someone. With a gamemode such as Jailbreak where communication is key, and especially where orders are always constantly having to be given, confusion will happen and miscommunication will happen alongside that.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  498

This is not necessary for jailbreak. As stated above /v is used on TTT to fasten the pace of the rounds for the ts so they can plan things since there is so little of them. The reason this would not be beneficial for jailbreak is because the ts would be able to talk to each other 24/7 making rounds almost impossible for the cts, the cts also can’t use /v because orders need to be constantly given making the feature almost useless for the cts. Overall this is not something that needs to be implemented

• Content Count:  625

Maybe this can be implemented on the CT side so they can have more organization and co-operation. I believe that in the current state of JB, there are good CTs who enforce, and CTs who camp because they don't know how to enforce/play CT. Allowing a team voice chat for CTs would allow the CTs to say "guard this secret" or "make sure they don't go here" or "keep one person in armory/vents", etc. Instead of implementing the team voice chat on the already OP T side, the CT side may benefit from the teamwork that comes from a team voice chat, preventing Ts from rebelling and allowing CTs to teach each other as well; it's hard to explain how a CT broke the rules when you have FO going on or something like that.

• Content Count:  417

Recently, I saw some Ts, they were organizing in t-side chat, basically saying “rush 3rd cell”, “rush 1st cell”, “rush vending machine”. The CTs weren’t able to handle these coordinated pushes, and basically were losing to rebellers round after round.

• Content Count:  409

As remix said, I also often see t's communicate through team chat which seems like enough for them to give callouts and win rounds. I think giving them another avenue of communication which is significantly faster and easier to use would probably tip the scales a little too far in the favor of the t's.

• Content Count:  908

The managers have decided to reject this. Our voice communications are already confusing, if this was implemented prisoners might become confused on where orders are coming from. Admins would also have to listen to both voice chats to enforce rules properly making it harder on them.

• Like 2
Edited by Infinityward

Reply to Thread