? servers

? players online

Time to LR

• Content Count:  1030

I've noticed recently that a lot of CTs haven't been giving enough time for Ts to LR, and since there's not really a rule about it, the only thing I can really do is tell them to not be a dick and to give a reasonable amount of time to LR.

An example of this is when a deathgame is activated, and by the time 1:15 left on the clock last request is activated. I've seen several times where a CT would say "exit the deathgame and LR by 1:10", and proceed to warning shot most of the prisoners, who simply weren't given enough time to get out of the deathgame, type in the command, choose their specific last request and who they'd like to do it with.

I've also seen scenarios where the remaining Ts are frozen, and the guard will still only give them like five seconds to LR.

I propose adding this rule:

"Whest Request is activated, Guards can force the prisoners to LR, but must give them a reasonable amount of time to send an LR request"

I believe that 15 seconds is ample time to send an LR request, and people who haven't in more than fifteen seconds are probably either purposefully delaying or didn't hear the order, in which case a warning shot would be appropriate.

Let me know what you guys think about this rule being added.

• Like 4
Edited by Benzene

• Content Count:  3294

I think the situation you provided is definitely against the rules, CTs should be reasonable with the amount of time they give to LR. Whether it be 10-20 seconds, it's situational. I don't think, however, creating another rule forcing CTs to wait for time periods for Ts to LR is a good idea. I can imagine Ts delaying by waiting until their 15 second time period is up to LR (Something they already do).

I propose an edit, if we are adding anything to the rules make it CT's must give a reasonable amount of time to Ts between when they can begin sending LRs and when they're forced to.

I think when Ts need to get out for example out of jump rope or death crate they will need an extra time' date=' not all people have !lr binded, I know it takes 2 seconds to type but need to pick lr and partner it will take an extra time.[/quote']

Especially if they want to give orders in chat, yep.

• Like 2
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  113

I've noticed recently that a lot of CTs haven't been giving enough time for Ts to LR, and since there's not really a rule about it, the only thing I can really do is tell them to not be a dick and to give a reasonable amount of time to LR.

An example of this is when a deathgame is activated, and by the time 1:15 left on the clock last request is activated. I've seen several times where a CT would say "exit the deathgame and LR by 1:10", and proceed to warning shot most of the prisoners, who simply weren't given enough time to get out of the deathgame, type in the command, choose their specific last request and who they'd like to do it with.

I've also seen scenarios where the remaining Ts are frozen, and the guard will still only give them like five seconds to LR.

I propose adding this rule:

"Whest Request is activated, Guards can force the prisoners to LR, but must give them at least fifteen seconds to send an LR request"

I believe that 15 seconds is ample time to send an LR request, and people who haven't in more than fifteen seconds are probably either purposefully delaying or didn't hear the order, in which case a warning shot would be appropriate.

Let me know what you guys think about this rule being added.

Yes @Benzene give Ts15 seconds is suggested and reasonable amount of time for Ts to lr. But if CT wants to he can give up to the end of the round. And if I didn't forget, there is a rule that cts can force ts to lr. I think when Ts need to get out for example out of jump rope or death crate they will need an extra time, not all people have !lr binded, I know it takes 2 seconds to type but need to pick lr and partner it will take an extra time.

• Content Count:  1030

I think the situation you provided is definitely against the rules, CTs should be reasonable with the amount of time they give to LR. Whether it be 10-20 seconds, it's situational. I don't think, however, creating another rule forcing CTs to wait for time periods for Ts to LR is a good idea. I can imagine Ts delaying by waiting until their 15 second time period is up to LR (Something they already do).

I propose an edit, if we are adding anything to the rules make it CT's must give a reasonable amount of time to Ts between when they can begin sending LRs and when they're forced to.

Yeah I slightly edited that rule proposal because I believe that it should be guard discretion to see how much time is needed to LR. I'd say give at least fifteen seconds, but putting in a rule that assures a reasonable amount of time to LR would make it that CTs can't say "LR in the next five seconds or I'm going to shoot you, which unfortunately happens more than you'd think.

Also, about your second point I do agree that there are Ts who are going to delay typing in LR until the last possible moment, but that's not going to change no matter how much time CTs give. If you tell them to LR by a certain time you should give them enough, but obviously not so much time that it's just delaying at that point. CTs shouldn't be giving Ts more than like 30-45 seconds to LR, and by that point it's obviously delaying the round.

• Content Count:  5375

How is this even an issue on the server??? Common sense dictates that unless they're delaying there shouldn't be a 'time limit' at all. If admins are allowing those kind of orders then you're not doing your job in my opinion. One of the biggest rules on the server is that orders must be reasonable. 5 seconds is unreasonable for most LR's (RPS is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that can be completed in 5 seconds or less with no setup.) Therefore, a rule should not be added because it is already covered under the rules.

I appreciate the efforts you and other admins give towards maintaining an enjoyable environment but this is literally something that you should be enforcing and not asking the server managers for another rule for.

Edit: Misread a key piece of information and it's not as bad as I thought. I thought you were just sitting there and letting dudes say 'finish your lr in 5 seconds.' 5 seconds is enough time to type !lr but I can see why some of you would have problems with it. In my opinion it would still fall under unreasonable orders considering it's unreasonable to expect the T to LR and have the CT accept in that time frame. I don't think a rule should be added for this.

• Like 1
Edited by idealist

Reply to Thread