? servers

? players online

Map is super bright

• Content Count:  481

I honestly have no clue if this is just me but sometimes I have been experiencing some maps at random times being super damn bright. It's really bad to the point where it's blinding my eyes and I'm unable to see a thing on the map. I would assume this probably happens on any server usually, but I've only encountered this on the following servers Bhop and TTT because it's the only two I frequently play the most. I don't think I can be the only one because I have heard people on the server complain about this, have any of you come across this issue?

Edited by Arctic

• Content Count:  468

you have 3 options regarding to this problem

1: Wear sunglasses

2:Find a way to disable HDR/Bloom

3.fiddle with your monitor settings

• Like 2
Edited by thuxys

• Content Count:  1161

you have 3 options regarding to this problem

1: Wear sunglasses

2:Find a way to disable HDR/Bloom

3.fiddle with your monitor settings

Sunglasses are the move. ¯\_(?)_/¯

• Content Count:  1253

If you put your CSGO monitor setting on full screen and not windowed or full screen/windowed it has an option to go to 130% brightness. Maybe that’s what’s wrong, but my lighting is perfectly fine and even if it’s brighter only just. Send a map and I’ll check it out cause I’m curious if it’s just a particular few maps.

If you put your CSGO monitor setting on full screen and not windowed or full screen/windowed it has an option to go to 130% brightness. Maybe that’s what’s wrong, but my lighting is perfectly fine and even if it’s brighter only just. Send a map and I’ll check it out cause I’m curious if it’s just a particular few maps.

It’s happened to me on a good handful of maps, there’s no specific ones. I’ve never changed my brightness before and I’ve never had any issues with the map being unseeable because of it, it just occurs at random times.

• Content Count:  157

It’s happened to me on a good handful of maps, there’s no specific ones. I’ve never changed my brightness before and I’ve never had any issues with the map being unseeable because of it, it just occurs at random times.

I have had this happen to me as well, mainly on icecap escape. I feel as if this is more of a csgo problem but as the same time it has never happened to me on any comps and casuals so I can't say I am 100% certain on that. If other people have not had this problem it makes me wonder if it would be something in the monitor display that would accidentally make the map brighter. The best advice I can give (assuming it doesn't happen on a common occurance) is to just not play any naturally white/bright looking maps (white as in icecap escape, again this map tends to be where it happens for me and come to think of it possibly the only map it has happened to me)

• Content Count:  1952

Brightness like this occurs with HDR and Bloom as thuxys stated. I'd recommend if you have GeForce Experience to use game "enhancements" and fiddle what settings help tone it down. A really obvious example of this is ttt hoodrat and it's something the mapmaker tried to work with but I guess HDR fucked it up.

• Like 1

Brightness like this occurs with HDR and Bloom as thuxys stated. I'd recommend if you have GeForce Experience to use game "enhancements" and fiddle what settings help tone it down. A really obvious example of this is ttt hoodrat and it's something the mapmaker tried to work with but I guess HDR fucked it up.

Sadly Geforce game enhancements isn’t compatible with my computer, would’ve done that a while ago if it was able to handle it.

• Content Count:  1583

This used to happen to me on tumbleweed for a short time before fixing itself. Someone smarter than I mentioned it had to do with something in the map itself, but I can't remember who it was, or what they said :/. Does this only occur on specific maps, and have you always had an issue with this?

Reply to Thread