? servers

? players online

I don't really know where else to put this tbh

• Content Count:  484

I don't know if this is a bug or maybe just something that happens but on any server with !ws you can grab a gun and switch the skin on it and it changes the name of the owner. So, for example on TTT if a T buys an awp, anyone could grab the awp, change the skin, and make it their own and drop it. This hasn't been done before to my knowledge so for now it isn't really a problem but I guess it could be. To change the name of the owner all you have to do is drop the gun, change the weapon skin of the gun while it's on the floor, then pick it up, and change it again. An innocent could easily change the owner's name on the awp and just drop it to make people rdm.

Edit: My suggestion is to just somehow maybe remove that feature if possible.

Edit 2: I just realized one of the easiest ways to fix it would be to just remove the plugin, but like that wouldn't be good cause I like that plugin. RIP

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3294

I don't know if removing the plugin is the best idea, considering it's one of the most popular and widely used plugins (I think) on CS:GO. There may be multiple WS plugins, but if not I don't see an issue keeping this loophole in-game. All it would do is get yourself KOS'd and cause confusion, the confusion part I believe against the rules. If an admin saw this happening I assume we could act on it, not entirely sure so I wouldn't as of now.

@Greggy G @Trazz

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  484

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81679

^ TTT Bug Reporting Thread

about this idk if it's real or not, but i thought this doesn't work. I thought i tried this a long time ago but it didn't work.

huh, weird, this should definitely be removed.

glitch/bug or whatever still works, just tried it like 5 mins ago with creten's gun

• Content Count:  1671

sm_weapons_enable_overwrite - Enable/Disable players overwriting other players' weapons (picked up from the ground) by using !ws command

Default: "1" Change to 0?

If this doesn't work, then a plugin edit is the last resort. I don't see a problem with this since traitor items are 100% kos no matter what. Unless by the magical grace of god the rule gets changed back to the past rule, then people knowing about this exploit is a problem that we wouldn't want to persist on the server if those rules do change back.

• Like 2
Edited by Im Sad

• Content Count:  1633

Changing a players AWP/M4A1-S/T weapon name is technically removing evidence and therefore teaming because you're getting rid of evidence for the T team. This (changing names to confuse players) is also considering exploiting anyways and you should avoid doing this at all. The !ws function should not be abused or have any effect in the round; if you see someone doing this feel free to warn/report them.

• Like 2
Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  1987

sm_weapons_enable_overwrite - Enable/Disable players overwriting other players' weapons (picked up from the ground) by using !ws command

Default: "1" Change to 0?

If this doesn't work, then a plugin edit is the last resort. I don't see a problem with this since traitor items are 100% kos no matter what. Unless by the magical grace of god the rule gets changed back to the past rule, then people knowing about this exploit is a problem that we wouldn't want to persist on the server if those rules do change back.

Thanks for the reminder of that cvar. This issue should be fixed however I will leave the thread open in case it is not. Please post here and @ me if it is still occurring.

Reply to Thread